Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bad news on television coverage tomorrow  (Read 4477 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Bad news on television coverage tomorrow
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:00:36 PM »
Only 16% of the country will get our game

http://www.muscoop.com/pickem/322-2-prelim.map.pdf

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
Re: Bad news on television coverage tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »
That's why we need to make the Sweet 16 to get a little more t.v. exposure. :)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 12:07:31 PM »
Nice!  Rockford picks it up again in Illinois!  Today the front of the Rockford Register Star sports page is a huge photo of Wes Matthews.

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 12:25:04 PM »
Quick question about MMM.  Is it a constant feed, and for those that went to sports bars to catch the game yesterday, were there any problems?

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »
Nice!  Rockford picks it up again in Illinois!  Today the front of the Rockford Register Star sports page is a huge photo of Wes Matthews.

What cbs channel is that?  Perhaps I can get out the rabbit ears.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »
the MMOD TV package? it was alright, they missed the 1st few minutes of MU-UK and periodically the games switched around.  though I was not a fan of having to watch at a little table when there's a new 42-incher @ home :/

boo for lake county not carrying MU!  uggggh

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 12:36:36 PM »
No - mega march madness thru Direct TV.  I used MMOD last year and the picture was horrible.  That is my last option.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 12:55:32 PM by 1990Warrior »

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »
Quick question about MMM.  Is it a constant feed, and for those that went to sports bars to catch the game yesterday, were there any problems?

I was at the Schoolyard yesterday with my MU roommates and a hefty-sized MU crowd, but there was a small Purdue crowd there yesterday as well, and apparently the guys couldn't get the constant Purdue feed on the TVs for them.  I overheard the manager talking with the Purdue fans, telling them that they have a bunch of different regional feeds on the TVs, but each was just choosing to show the MU game.

superfan1387

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »
i was at a buffalo wild wings in south elgin and there were no problems, had the game on multiple tvs.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 01:01:11 PM »
i was at a buffalo wild wings in south elgin and there were no problems, had the game on multiple tvs.

I guess I should clarify my story.  There were no problems if you wanted to watch the MU game.  However, for those wanting to watch other games, there were some problems.  This leads me to believe that there could be problems for us MU fans tomorrow because, yesterday, MU was shown in 60% of the country, whereas tomorrow, it's only being shown in 16% of the country.  I don't know how the packages work, but (I think), unless you are able to pick up the constant feed from a market like Milwaukee or San Francisco, you could potentially run into problems because the other markets that are showing the game (like LA) are not showing a constant feed.  Thus, if that market switches, you're (we're) screwed.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Can anyone clarify how the packages work?  I'm probably way off.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »
at least we get Enburg and Bilas.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 01:16:17 PM »
Here's my question . . .

I am going to dinner on Sat night to my parents where my Dad is an ND grad while my brothers and I all went to MU.  My parents have Dish Network.  Is it possible to get March Madness thru Dish and be able to watch the MU game with interruption.  Of, since its only on 16% of the country, will we be at the mercy of cbs and whatever game they want to show?

Thanks for your help.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
Here's another question .. do the local CBS stations have any say in what feed they broadcast?  You'd think they could overrule the national CBS idea as a suggestion of what to broadcast.  I mean, there are what, a thousand CBS stations across the country?  You'd think their GMs would best know what game would be good for their local market.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
Here's my question . . .

I am going to dinner on Sat night to my parents where my Dad is an ND grad while my brothers and I all went to MU.  My parents have Dish Network.  Is it possible to get March Madness thru Dish and be able to watch the MU game with interruption.  Of, since its only on 16% of the country, will we be at the mercy of cbs and whatever game they want to show?

Thanks for your help.

No soup for you. Time to hit up the internet for the game.
But I like to throw handfuls...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 02:03:29 PM »

Constant though sometimes when CBS switches, it takes us a minute or 2 to catch up.  Yesterday we did have an outage yesterday for 8 minutes as well in the early games.  Everything fine last night, everything fine today.  They know what the problem is.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »
Here's my question . . .

Thanks for your help.

No, DISH network doesn't have it

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »
Here's another question .. do the local CBS stations have any say in what feed they broadcast?  You'd think they could overrule the national CBS idea as a suggestion of what to broadcast.  I mean, there are what, a thousand CBS stations across the country?  You'd think their GMs would best know what game would be good for their local market.

Absolutely.  There are 200 CBS stations across the country with some of them owned and operated by CBS per FCC rules, but most are not.  The maps I posted were preliminary maps so if you raise a stink, it might work.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 02:46:54 PM »

Must be this pic.

http://www.rrstar.com/sports
SS Marquette

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 02:50:14 PM »
Even though its bad news, thanks for your help Chicos.  Looks like me and the kids are heading to the bar.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
What cbs channel is that?  Perhaps I can get out the rabbit ears.

WIFR Channel 23.  Channel 5 on most cable providers.

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »
Bad news?  Whatever.  Looks like Minneapolis is golden  ;D

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 04:54:59 PM »
I was at the Schoolyard Tavern yesterday too - good for MU there.  Will the Schoolyard have the MUS game on Saturday for sure?  What time's the game?

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 05:22:06 PM »
I was at the Schoolyard Tavern yesterday too - good for MU there.  Will the Schoolyard have the MUS game on Saturday for sure?  What time's the game?

The Schoolyard is just as likely to have the game as any sports bar that has the DirecTV package if I am correct in regards to my post above.  I'm not sure how the DirecTV package works (Chicos?), but if it offers regional feeds, say, San Fran or Milwaukee, well then there are no worries about any sports bar having the game.  But if the package only offers the bigger markets regional feeds, say LA, well then we are at the mercy of CBS, because those markets are not getting the consistent feed according to the coverage map (San Fran and Milwaukee are).  So if the LA market switches to a closer game or something, well, then the bar can't get the game.  Although, like I said, I don't know how the package works.  Some of the others on this board would be able to answer that question better.

I personally will be at Moretti's in Edison Park because I don't feel like driving over to the Schoolyard for a Saturday night as I live in the NW 'burbs.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »
Yeah, you would be fine at the bar if they have the package.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 08:29:55 PM »
Just watch it all online at CBS.sportsline.com- the feed is great
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence