collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

Sheek in the Portal? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:55:52 PM]


Big East offseason news by MuMark
[Today at 06:56:22 PM]


‘26-27 Schedule by MU90620
[Today at 04:48:55 PM]


Scrimmages and Exhibition games of interest by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:25:07 PM]


Nyok commits to Marquette! by MuggsyB
[Today at 02:39:23 PM]


Marquette Overload Redesign by TallTitan34
[Today at 01:49:03 PM]


Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:43:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20

MarquetteMike1977


WhiteTrash

Quote from: muwarrior69 on October 09, 2026, 02:17:12 PMHe'll transfer to St. Louis next summer.   ;D
There is not a player in the Big East that would pass on the opportunity to play in the A10.

Hards Alumni

One of Nyok's sneaky best features is how good his hands are, and how quick he is with the ball.

Uncle Rico

Quote from: Hards Alumni on October 09, 2026, 02:38:43 PMOne of Nyok's sneaky best features is how good his hands are, and how quick he is with the ball.

Some people have small hans and often fumble balls
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

burger

-21 is gone.....Can we negotiate an injury settlement now?

Uncle Rico

Quote from: burger on October 09, 2026, 03:34:24 PM-21 is gone.....Can we negotiate an injury settlement now?

No
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

BrewCity83

Quote from: muwarrior69 on October 09, 2026, 02:17:12 PMHe'll transfer to St. Louis next summer.   ;D
Why would he want to sit behind Sheek Pearson for three years???
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU82

More outstanding work by Shaka and his assistants.

Marquette basketball has a bright future, starting with this season!
"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Scoop Snoop

Quote from: tower912 on October 09, 2026, 11:07:37 AMWelcome to MU, young man.


Great job reeling them in, Shaka.

OK, Tower. I'm waiting for you to work your magic with Nyok and Ndong. There are probably some good Three Stooges/Curley clips and knock-knock jokes that you can come up with. And Ndong should be easy. Can you combine the two somehow? I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly awaiting your word play.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

brewcity77

Really like this add, fits a need and in a mold Shaka has had success with before.

Nukem2

Quote from: brewcity77 on October 09, 2026, 06:32:51 PMReally like this add, fits a need and in a mold Shaka has had success with before.
Yep, hopefully an upgraded version of Kur Kuath.

Scoop Snoop

Quote from: MU82 on October 09, 2026, 04:56:03 PMMarquette basketball has a bright future, starting with this season!

I was going to write a new post, but you have it covered well Mike in just a few words. Time to look forward, not backwards.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MU82

Shaka gave something unique a try. It didn't work, and he waited (at least) a year too long to course-correct.

But he has course-corrected, and the program's reboot has me very excited about the future.

And for a corny slogan-lover like Shaka, it can still be RGV. Bringing in a couple/few needed transfers to go along with good recruits you develop ... that absolutely can feed into relationships, growth and victory.

Hell, it's what Painter, Izzo, Hurley and others have been doing very well for the last several years.
"It's not how white men fight." - Tucker Carlson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Jay Bee

Quote from: MUbiz on October 09, 2026, 11:48:39 AM18 will have his degree. I think he is looking for a new school no matter what.

smh. shaka sacrificed sheek for the guy.
The portal is NOT closed.

MuggsyB

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 09, 2026, 09:54:18 PMsmh. shaka sacrificed sheek for the guy.

Why are you belaboring on this?  I don't get it. 

tower912

#40
Two very obvious answers. 1. Have you read the rest of his stuff?   Completely in character.  2.  It is his manatee.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

GOO

Quote from: MuggsyB on Today at 06:21:39 AMWhy are you belaboring on this?  I don't get it. 
Normally if you repeat a questionable view  often enough, others will pick it up and repeat it, and often many will start to believe it. It can become truth.

Works on oneself first.
 
In this case hasn't worked on others only the self.
If your a lone voice yelling into the wind, at what point does one move on? Maybe we'll find out? But the answer could be never.

Uncle Rico

Quote from: MuggsyB on Today at 06:21:39 AMWhy are you belaboring on this?  I don't get it. 

Because he doesn't like the truth and that it was shared here by people in the know.
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

MuggsyB

#43
Again, I see a young man with an incredibly high ceiling.  If you're a 7 footer that can handle switching, and also eliminate the paint, that equals immediate impact.  You add the lob threat and the fact that he runs like a gazelle?  That's an emphatic positive.  It will take him some time to bulk up and mature but I'm extremely grateful he chose to come to MU. 

tower912

MU's history is not littered with agile 7'1 players.  There are far more project bigs that didn't pan out than there are bigs that exceeded expectations.

Nyok is highly regarded. Not deemed a project.  I am going to celebrate his decision and enjoy watching him develop.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

MuggsyB

That's exactly right.  He's the kind of potential talent/player MU has never gotten.  Or at least I can't think of a 7 footer we've had with his defensive skill-set.  I'm very eager to see how he'll look a full year from now.  Shot blocking + shot alternating + shot intimidating + glass cleaning = a tremendous addition to the MU roster.  Add he will add to his offensive skills. 

tower912

McIlvaine is probably a fair comp.  Different time, different game, so speed and agility weren't prioritized at 7'1.

Interestingly, in the same era, McCaskill came in with less hype than Caedin or Josh.  If Scoop existed then, I am sure there would have been posters questioning KO's sanity and rooting for Amal to transfer.   He turned out to be one of the rare project bigs at MU who far exceeded expectations.

So, to borrow from Forrest Gump, recruiting bigs is like a box of chocolates.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

mileskishnish72

Quote from: MuggsyB on Today at 09:11:21 AMAgain, I see a young man with an incredibly high ceiling. 

At 7'1" he really needs a high ceiling.

tower912

Quote from: mileskishnish72 on Today at 10:10:48 AMAt 7'1" he really needs a high ceiling.
Rim shot.  Wait, that's the point.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

MuMark

Quote from: MuggsyB on Today at 09:49:57 AMThat's exactly right.  He's the kind of potential talent/player MU has never gotten.  Or at least I can't think of a 7 footer we've had with his defensive skill-set.  I'm very eager to see how he'll look a full year from now.  Shot blocking + shot alternating + shot intimidating + glass cleaning = a tremendous addition to the MU roster.  Add he will add to his offensive skills. 

Nyok is more highly rated but Clark has a similar defensive skill set.

Previous topic - Next topic