collapse

Resources

25-26 SOTG Tally

2025-26 Season SoG Tally
Ross6
James Jr4
Parham1
Stevens1

'24-25 * '23-24 * '22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

Big East Standings

Recent Posts

Sheek in the Portal? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:55:52 PM]


Big East offseason news by MuMark
[Today at 06:56:22 PM]


‘26-27 Schedule by MU90620
[Today at 04:48:55 PM]


Scrimmages and Exhibition games of interest by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:25:07 PM]


Nyok commits to Marquette! by MuggsyB
[Today at 02:39:23 PM]


Marquette Overload Redesign by TallTitan34
[Today at 01:49:03 PM]


Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:43:29 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address. We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or signup NOW!

Next up:  @ Green Bay (Exhibition)

Marquette
Marquette @
Green Bay (Ex)
Date/Time: Oct 19, 2026
TV: NA
Schedule for 2026-27
12 - 20


tower912

Welcome to MU, young man.


Great job reeling them in, Shaka.
...I'm a rebel just for kicks,  now
I been feeling it since 1966, now...

SchnitzelBoy

Nice add! Glad we're not messing around with hopefully-good-in-6-years centers with zero stars attached to their recruiting profiles.

Hoping we're able to get Fru eligible for next season and let Nyok beef up a bit. I think Caedin Hamilton and Colton Crowdis might have to dip out in order to free up scholarships for MU to do anything else with the roster

ATL MU Warrior


MuMark

Pretty embarrassing that 247 has an article right below the commitment announcement about his fit at Virginia Tech........clean it up fellas

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/article/four-star-big-man-akol-nyok-commits-to-marquette--291019989/

MuMark


SchnitzelBoy

Quote from: MuMark on October 09, 2026, 11:19:04 AMNo redshirts anymore my man

1.5 minutes per game is the new redshirt

Hards Alumni


onepost

Such a great pickup. Had you told me we'd miss out on Johnson, Knueppel, Davis, Pemberton, Gordon, (probably) Cleveland and I'd still be this excited about our class, I wouldn't have believed you.

But Nyok, Martinez, and Ndong when we're banking on bringing this core back again is pretty damn good. Hard to land top PG recruits when you've got Nigel presumably on board for a while. Nyok is the most promising big man HS recruit we've landed since...Henry Ellenson?? The very commitment that brought me to this board?

When Michigan State and Kentucky try to jump in late on a kid and Shaka ups the ante on our offer to get it done, that deserves all the kudos.

BCHoopster

It will be interesting to see which 7 footer gets the majority of playing time if Fru leaves. Nyok fits what Shaka wants to do, good at the pick and roll.

Vander Blue Man Group

Quote from: BCHoopster on October 09, 2026, 11:30:43 AMIt will be interesting to see which 7 footer gets the majority of playing time if Fru leaves. Nyok fits what Shaka wants to do, good at the pick and roll.

If Fru does not come back, I'd expect another transfer unless Clark takes an unexpectedly big leap.

SchnitzelBoy

I think a PG is the top priority next recruiting cycle. I don't think Nigel will get NBA buzz this offseason and should definitely return for his junior year unless things go south and he wants to transfer to a tournament team for more $$$. MU still needs to find a short-term backup for NJ that hopefully becomes a starter as an upperclassmen

BCHoopster

If Fru does comeback, I would think Hamilton will be looking for a new school.

JTJ3

Fru, Nyok and one of Clark/Hamilton would be ideal next year

MUbiz

Quote from: BCHoopster on October 09, 2026, 11:38:49 AMIf Fru does comeback, I would think Hamilton will be looking for a new school.

18 will have his degree. I think he is looking for a new school no matter what.

willie warrior

Great job by Shaka. That is worth talking about.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind. Rick Pitino: "You can either complain or adapt."

ATL MU Warrior

Quote from: Hards Alumni on October 09, 2026, 11:23:17 AMHe's the 70th ranked player in the country.  No.
was intended as a joke, but apparently not a very successful one.

Johnny B

Very nice. Wasn't this kid a 5 star by one of the recruiting sites or am I thinking of another 7 footer we offered?

Uncle Rico

Quote from: willie warrior on October 09, 2026, 12:53:08 PMGreat job by Shaka. That is worth talking about.

Thank you for stepping up to the plate and increasing your donations to the program.
🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷🇱🇷

SoCalEagle

Welcome, Akol. Glad you chose Marquette!!

wadesworld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_rYkT9CCl0

He's obviously going to need to bulk up, but there's a lot to like about him.  Fearless at the rim on both sides of the court, good hands, good motor, and 7 footers who can switch out onto guards on the perimeter like that defensively make a lot of money in the sport.

MuggsyB

Ka-Fricking-Boom!!!!!

🇸🇸

Excellent news!!

MuggsyB

I'll admit to having some slight bias towards African ballers.

That said when I look at this young man's ceiling?  Sign me up.  You can't teach size + overall mobility. 

muwarrior69

He'll transfer to St. Louis next summer.   ;D

JakeBarnes

Great get. Really happy to beat out a few big hitters that offered him.

Gut feeling, but this feels like a sneaky good class.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

"We all carry within us our places of exile, our crimes and our ravages. But our task is not to unleash them on the world; it is to fight them in ourselves and in others." -Camus, The Rebel

Previous topic - Next topic