Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cut-Out Faces in the Crowd  (Read 13610 times)

Marquette84

• All American
Re: Cut-Out Faces in the Crowd
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
How about Richard Nixon

or

Gorbie, his "beauty mark" would be a show stopper

or

Al Sharpton

Giada DiLaurentis. 

She's already known for her big head--

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 12:22:56 AM »
can we get Erin Andrews... no way an opposing player could take their eyes off of her while trying to shoot a FT
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Eye

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 12:37:48 AM »
Anyone who attended Wisconsin-Madison should not have a big head (the one on their actual body oftentimes is already enough), therefore eliminating Katz. I say no Colbert even again either. How about a big head for Al?
GO WARRIORS!

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 01:06:05 AM »
You have to give them a form of ID in exchange for the big head now because they kept getting stolen.  Then at the end of the game you get your ID back when you return the big head.
that wasn't the case for the Pitt game. I was in the front on the corner (near the Pitt bench) and the BC staff or whoever couldn't get rid of the Jamie Dixon big heads quick enough. They handed out about 3 various Dixon big heads, no i.d. needed

bucksandy34

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 07:54:50 AM »
can we get Erin Andrews... no way an opposing player could take their eyes off of her while trying to shoot a FT

There already is an Erin Andrews, but they don't give it out that often (I'm not sure many of the students are aware who she is, which I'll agree is pretty sad). They made it last year for Gameday.

You have to give them a form of ID in exchange for the big head now because they kept getting stolen.  Then at the end of the game you get your ID back when you return the big head.
that wasn't the case for the Pitt game. I was in the front on the corner (near the Pitt bench) and the BC staff or whoever couldn't get rid of the Jamie Dixon big heads quick enough. They handed out about 3 various Dixon big heads, no i.d. needed

They make us give up our ID for all except the ones of that night's opposing coach. Those ones are lesser quality and only used for that one game. I think the giving of the ID has been pretty effective. I don't think any have been stolen since they started doing that because I don't think most students want to pay $15 dollars for a random celebs huge face (or maybe they don't realize they have the option of just getting a new ID). Interestingly enough, I've seen people who did not have an MU ID give up their drivers liscense for a big head. I don't think those people were sober.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »

that's different. the ones for the given game you don't need id's for.  The ones they have every game you need to give an id to get.  So during l'ville, the palacios/smith smoochie one didn't need any collateral either and the coach ones never do.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »
Joani wants to see the big head of Tom ;D

Dude, that is so weak, the word weak doesn't even begin to describe how weak it is. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 10:02:04 AM »
What about Bricky, he's solid gold ya know! ;D

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 10:14:16 AM »
How about the before and after pictures of Jared from Subway

Chris Farley

Jackie Moon (Will Farrell) Figure this is just a matter of time.

MU NY

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »
If we go with Farley...you definately need Patrick Swayze...full mullet version.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2008, 10:56:32 AM »
If we go with Farley...you definately need Patrick Swayze...full mullet version.

If you're going with Swayze, I suggest the entire cast of Road House -- Wade Garrett, Brad Wesley, Jimmy, etc.

And change the name of the student section to the Double Deuce.

MU NY

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008, 11:22:22 AM »
OUT-Standing!!!  One of the finest motion pictures of all time!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 11:24:47 AM »

If you're going with Swayze, I suggest the entire cast of Road House -- Wade Garrett, Brad Wesley, Jimmy, etc.

I may disagree with you on a lot of things PRN, but that was a fanstastic post!!!

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2008, 11:40:47 AM »
Any chance someone can get mug shots?  The Nick Nolte mug shot would definitely deter someone from making their ft's.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »

We don't want to scare our own players

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
How about Richard Nixon

or

Gorbie, his "beauty mark" would be a show stopper

or

Al Sharpton

Giada DiLaurentis. 

She's already known for her big head--

She's known for big something...not sure her head tops the list though.

State

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008, 01:05:02 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the 'giant heads' are an awful idea?  I mean the first couple of games they were 'cute' but really...the announcement of the 'new head' during the game?!?! 

Oh I hope I get to hold Mr. Rodgers head during the second half!!!  Oh I will shake it so hard!!

If we want a competitive edge during FT's start mimicking Wisconsins or ND's student section--hands moving in one continuous motion and then a last minute change.  Just watching it in the stands is tough. 

No one is going to miss a free throw because the Olsen twins are in the crowd or some lady from a cooking show.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2008, 01:13:09 PM »
i just find it sad that they took what started as a distraction device and sold it out to, what is it, jobnoggin.com?
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks the 'giant heads' are an awful idea?  I mean the first couple of games they were 'cute' but really...the announcement of the 'new head' during the game?!?! 

Oh I hope I get to hold Mr. Rodgers head during the second half!!!  Oh I will shake it so hard!!

If we want a competitive edge during FT's start mimicking Wisconsins or ND's student section--hands moving in one continuous motion and then a last minute change.  Just watching it in the stands is tough. 

No one is going to miss a free throw because the Olsen twins are in the crowd or some lady from a cooking show.

Hey, we ripped off SDSU fair and square.

And selling it is about one word...MARKETING!!!!!!!!! It's what makes the world go round. 
But I like to throw handfuls...

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »

Uh, yeah you are pretty much the only one.  The heads are unique, funny, and they get MU some cheap exposure.  As for competitive edge, none of that stuff works any way. Players are focused on the basket and that is it.  I doubt there is any evidence that any of the free throw gimmicks work.

And I don't want to mimick anything the UW or ND student sections do.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2008, 04:39:33 PM »

Uh, yeah you are pretty much the only one.  The heads are unique, funny, and they get MU some cheap exposure.  As for competitive edge, none of that stuff works any way. Players are focused on the basket and that is it.  I doubt there is any evidence that any of the free throw gimmicks work.

And I don't want to mimick anything the UW or ND student sections do.

Totally agree with you MUSF!!!!  They are unique and funny and I love looking over at every game to see what new ones have been added.  Who wants to do what everyone else does???? 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2008, 05:38:58 PM »
the "unveiling" of the new head with the procession is really dumb.

I do like the idea of the heads.