Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Great Post on the GT Board  (Read 5355 times)

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Great Post on the GT Board
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »
Well, they are evil and they must be destroyed.*

*even if they are Jesuit
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 03:26:14 PM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
GT is evil and MQ must destroy them!  ;D

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 03:18:57 PM »
Huh, and I thought we were being nice when we said they should be destroyed.  :-*

As for being evil - well - if you're not for us, then you're against us, and therefore EVIL!  Is that so hard to understand  ;D

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »
If you read that whole thread it's pretty entertaining....pretty arrogant group.  I already wanted this game badly, but after reading that I'm even more excited for the game to get here.

The pre-game discussion thread is the best.

Let's beat "GT!"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 03:34:49 PM »
I coulda' swore I had a login over there, but I can't seem to find it.  Oh well, I'll let them be...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »
Should we tell our Jesuit brothers at G"Town that all of our opponents are "evil and must be destroyed"

;D

Do we let them in on the joke?

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 03:48:19 PM »
It's pretty funny.  All the bold talk over there, and we hurt that guy's feelings.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 03:50:45 PM »
they do sound like a$$holes, but at least some of their jokes are pretty funny

However, f#ck' em, they're evil and must be destroyed

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 03:55:35 PM »
Haha, Wisconsin stereotypes are hilarious. And true.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 04:01:04 PM »
Georgetown fans are very, very arrogant. Got to witness it first hand last year when I made the trip out there. They're the basketball equivalent to ND football fans.

I'd really, really like to beat them.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »
Haha, Wisconsin stereotypes are hilarious. And true.

Feel free to go to school in your own state then   ;D

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »
Georgetown fans are very, very arrogant. Got to witness it first hand last year when I made the trip out there. They're the basketball equivalent to ND football fans.

I'd really, really like to beat them.

I was there too. Bunch of pricks. Granted, it was a small sample, and we were at a bar after the game, and we may or may not have been Ringing Out Ahoya...but sterotypes just save so much time. Pricks, I tell ya.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »
I can't read that board.  There are only two colors and no divders in between posts.  It's all a blur!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 06:23:40 PM »
I can't read that board.  There are only two colors and no divders in between posts.  It's all a blur!

Whew.  And I was starting to think I was the only one mentally incapable of differentiating between posts, quoting of posts, and signatures.  What a mess.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 06:25:23 PM »
Their fans are OK. Hopefully our fans will be so loud the Hoyas get rattled. Should be a really intense battle. Man, I wish it was gametime.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »
I love MUViking had to go in there and set them straight. Of course, he has to get in digs against Scoop like all those posters.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 07:41:35 PM »
I love MUViking had to go in there and set them straight. Of course, he has to get in digs against Scoop like all those posters.

Yeah, I was a little surprised at that.  Viking's a really good dude, met him and he's a first class guy.  He does have some allegiances to the J's over there which I'm sure is why he said it.

Personally, I don't agree with his commentary that "better" discussion is over there.  I'd say "different" discussion is over there, assuming it's allowed to even stay on the screen.   ;)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »

Yeah, I was a little surprised at that.  Viking's a really good dude, met him and he's a first class guy.  He does have some allegiances to the J's over there which I'm sure is why he said it.

Personally, I don't agree with his commentary that "better" discussion is over there.  I'd say "different" discussion is over there, assuming it's allowed to even stay on the screen.   ;)

Yeah, I always thought of him as a decent poster over there before I got banned.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 08:02:55 PM »
To each their own.. definitely different flavors of discussion.. just a matter of preference and I can respect that opinion - doesn't make me think any less of him and hope he continues providing his thoughts here from time to time too. *plink plink*
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 08:04:22 PM »
To each their own.. definitely different flavors of discussion.. just a matter of preference and I can respect that opinion - doesn't make me think any less of him and hope he continues providing his thoughts here from time to time too. *plink plink*

Agreed

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 09:06:06 PM »
What surprised me with some of the G'Town fans I have met is their lack of knowledge.  Albeit, I have had a small sample size... like around 10 to 15.  A couple didn't even know Marquette was in the Big East.  Another made boasts about G'Town being the dominant basketball (in the Big East) team in terms of history.   Huh?  Notre Dame, St. John's, Cincinnati, Louisville and Syracuse have WAY more wins all time, and a better winning percentage.  In fact, Marquette is pretty close to Georgetown's numbers all-time.

I can live with Duke, Kentucky, N. Carolina Kansas, UCLA, etc.. fans being arrogant but please with their program.  They are 39th all-time in wins, Marquette in 49th.  And Marquette has a better all-time winning percentage.  If you look at tournament success, we are pretty evenly matched too.

They probably have the better team this year, but they are going to have to prove it at the Bradley Center tomorrow baby!

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 09:49:07 PM »

Honestly...and I'm not saying this because I was banned from that board a long time ago...this board is so superior, discussion-wise, from the other board it's not even funny. I check the other one and there is rarely something worthy of discussion over there from a Marquette perspective. I'm not "flaming," I'm just being honest. They're so preoccupied with who is slighting Marquette in the media or on other boards that they rarely bother to have any interesting (and fun...it's supposed to be fun, right?) discussions.

This board is amusing, argumentative, and informative. And there's nobody looking over your shoulder.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 10:44:56 PM »
PTM...aren't you a NASCAR fan if I remember correctly?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 10:51:13 PM »
PTM...aren't you a NASCAR fan if I remember correctly?

Yes. Discussing NASCAR will get you banned on Hoops.