[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Trivia Question: MU Road Wins  (Read 15288 times)

Pardner

Trivia Question: MU Road Wins
« on: February 25, 2008, 09:17:18 PM »
What is a common denominator of all five of our road wins this season?

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
Re: Trivia Question: MU Road Wins
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 09:50:37 PM »
We scored more points than our opponents!!!  Sorry, couldn't resist.   ;D

IlikecreansoIcantposthere

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 09:52:28 PM »
What is a common denominator of all five of our road wins this season?

Navy unis?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 09:56:27 PM »
Crean wears out only 1 pair of shoes pacing the sidelines?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 10:26:06 PM »
Too easy...good defense!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 10:33:50 PM »
Obviously defense, but without looking I would also say the ability to hit thre three.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 10:37:32 PM »
Robmufan at the annex?

Pardner

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:51:22 PM »
Good tries (or at least not all lame)... but not what I am thinking...do I need  to offer a Bruce Pearl girlfriend bobble head to the winner?  A bit obscure but telling....especially if you are a bettor.  Hint...this person was late to the party tonight,
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:00:21 PM by Pardner »

Pardner

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »
Okay--no takers....here is the answer:

PAT DRISCOLL--he has officiated 5 MU games this year--all road games--and all wins.  Since we joined the BE, we are 9-1 in BE games he worked, 11-2 overall.  Only losses were at Depaul last year and at home vs. Winthrop.  He arrived at the end of the first half tonight after getting stuck in traffic.  Bo would be proud of TC!

Now, guess which BE official (who has worked a larger # of games) has jobbed us the most?  It may surprise you.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 11:13:11 PM by Pardner »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 11:24:43 PM »
Now, guess which BE official (who has worked a larger # of games) has jobbed us the most?  It may surprise you.

I gotta go with Jim Burr. If not him, Tim Higgins.

Pardner

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 11:27:56 PM »

Nope

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 11:59:42 PM »

Nope

Hightower?

Pardner

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 12:00:06 AM »
Okay...it is getting too late.  The answer to the biggest BE jobber over the past three years is:

Reggie Greenwood.  We are an incredible 1-6 in the BE games he has officiated (including the last two road losses to ND).  This year, 0-3 in the BE.  His crew whistled us on average 26.7 fouls per game vs. 15.3 for our opponents in his BE games with us this year.  We averaged 13.6 FT's per game in these three losses vs. 33.3 for our opponents--a 19 FT gap per game!  The only BE game we won with him was the home UCONN game in our first BE season.  Reggie evens us out a bit OOC as we are 5-6 overall in his games.  I am guessing he doesn't like our on ball pressure tactics.  If he shows up at the BC on Saturday, head for the hills.

>>T. Higgins (8-6 Overall; 7-3 in the BE)
>>Burr (7-3 overall: 5-3 in the BE)
>>Kitts (7-4 Overall; 5-3 in the BE)
>>Cahill (9-4 overall; 7-3 in the BE)

And last but not least Eddie Hightower (2-4 overall with two losses against the Rodents; 2-1 in the BE).  Eddie likes to blow the whistle too...his games are indeed way over average in fouls called. He has called 52 fouls/game in our three games this season with him vs. a 41/game season average--that's 27% more fouls per game.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:25:26 PM by Pardner »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2008, 12:05:26 AM »
Nice stuff Pardner!

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 07:45:07 AM »
Okay...it is getting too late.  The answer to the biggest BE jobber over the past three years is:

Reggie Greenwood.  We are an incredible 1-6 in the BE games he has officiated (including the last two road losses to ND).  This year, 0-3 in the BE.  His crew whistled us on average 26.7 fouls per game vs. 15.3 for our opponents in his BE games with us this year.  We averaged 13.6 FT's per game in these three losses vs. 33.3 for our opponents--a 19 FT gap per game!  The only BE game we won with him was the home UCONN game in our first BE season.  Reggie evens us out a bit OOC as we are 5-6 overall in his games.  I am guessing he doesn't like our on ball pressure tactics.  If he shows up at the BC on Sunday, head for the hills.

>>Burr (7-3 overall: 6-3 in the BE)

And last but not least Eddie Hightower (2-4 overall with two losses against the Rodents; 2-1 in the BE).  Eddie likes to blow the whistle too...his games are indeed way over average in fouls called. He has called 52 fouls/game in our three games this season with him vs. a 41/game season average--that's 27% more fouls per game.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
Starts to make me think it's OK to blame the refs - sometimes.

Pardner

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 11:00:08 AM »

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

LMAO...yep, I am  unhinged...  I am a stats guy...and after watching the SJU game, I wondered about the odds of SJU getting 40 FT's even though they were down 25 pts at one time.  Bilas called this out earlier in the year about certain officials being out of touch about the teams they are officiating.  So, I looked into the tendencies of MU's play and the officials.  Most officials fall in the average range...the thing about the exceptions is that they consistently have called a tighter game like Hightower did against SJU...so a team should adjust accordingly like Bo or Coach K do perhaps.

Lastly, the good thing about the Commonwealth of Kentucky is that there is always some one further out on the ledge there than you.  Check this tracking page on the history of officials....that goes back decades.  Now, that is a bit "Oliver Stone'ish"

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/officials.html

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 11:32:19 AM »
Pardner... I think this is great.

Nice job.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 12:33:24 PM »
Who refereed the game at ND last year? There was a change in style of officiating within the game.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »
Who refereed the game at ND last year? There was a change in style of officiating within the game.

Hey, how about that?  Reggie Greenwood!

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/notre_dame_02_24_07
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 01:16:46 PM »
Pardner, check your message box! :o

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 01:56:17 PM »
I hope Hightower doesn't hear about his new competition!  ;)
SS Marquette

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 08:26:33 AM »
Okay...it is getting too late.  The answer to the biggest BE jobber over the past three years is:

Reggie Greenwood.  We are an incredible 1-6 in the BE games he has officiated (including the last two road losses to ND).  This year, 0-3 in the BE.  His crew whistled us on average 26.7 fouls per game vs. 15.3 for our opponents in his BE games with us this year.  We averaged 13.6 FT's per game in these three losses vs. 33.3 for our opponents--a 19 FT gap per game!  The only BE game we won with him was the home UCONN game in our first BE season.  Reggie evens us out a bit OOC as we are 5-6 overall in his games.  I am guessing he doesn't like our on ball pressure tactics.  If he shows up at the BC on Saturday, head for the hills.

And last but not least Eddie Hightower (2-4 overall with two losses against the Rodents; 2-1 in the BE).  Eddie likes to blow the whistle too...his games are indeed way over average in fouls called. He has called 52 fouls/game in our three games this season with him vs. a 41/game season average--that's 27% more fouls per game.

Bump. Whatta you know? Although to be fair, Pat Driscoll was out there too, and he is traditionally very good to MU, so who knows? I'd like to see id Pardner the gambling adict can compile these numbers for Pitt.

Pardner

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 10:34:27 AM »

Bump. Whatta you know? Although to be fair, Pat Driscoll was out there too, and he is traditionally very good to MU, so who knows? I'd like to see id Pardner the gambling adict can compile these numbers for Pitt.

Thanks for the props Navin. I always appreciate the pub and the nice personal comments.  This is actually very easy to track on these stats websites. 

For the record, the trio's record with Pitt this season:
T. Higgins (2-3)  (MU 8-4 all time in BE.  He prefers Diet Pepsi)
Greenwood (3-0)  (MU 2-7 all time in the BE)
Driscoll (6-1)  (apparently Pat also has some Pitt mojo going as well)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/browse_team/pittsburgh

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 12:06:24 PM by Pardner »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 10:57:50 AM »
Okay...it is getting too late.  The answer to the biggest BE jobber over the past three years is:

Reggie Greenwood.  We are an incredible 1-6 in the BE games he has officiated (including the last two road losses to ND).  This year, 0-3 in the BE.  His crew whistled us on average 26.7 fouls per game vs. 15.3 for our opponents in his BE games with us this year.  We averaged 13.6 FT's per game in these three losses vs. 33.3 for our opponents--a 19 FT gap per game!  The only BE game we won with him was the home UCONN game in our first BE season.  Reggie evens us out a bit OOC as we are 5-6 overall in his games.  I am guessing he doesn't like our on ball pressure tactics.  If he shows up at the BC on Saturday, head for the hills.

And last but not least Eddie Hightower (2-4 overall with two losses against the Rodents; 2-1 in the BE).  Eddie likes to blow the whistle too...his games are indeed way over average in fouls called. He has called 52 fouls/game in our three games this season with him vs. a 41/game season average--that's 27% more fouls per game.

Thanks for the props Navin. I always appreciate the pub and the nice personal comments.  This is actually very easy to track on these stats websites. 

For the record, the trio's record with Pitt this season:
T. Higgins (2-3)  (MU 8-4 all time in BE.  He prefers Diet Pepsi)
Greenwood (3-0)  (MU 2-7 all time in the BE)
Driscoll (6-1)  (apaprently Pat has also has some Pitt mojo as well)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/browse_team/pittsburgh

Well based on that, if Higgins and Driscoll traditionally are basically a wash where these two teams are concerned, and Greenwood hates MU but appears to love Pitt, I think our real villain has shown himself...

[flaming text] Reggie Greenwood is evil and must be destroyed![/flaming text]