[October 22, 2024, 07:09:33 PM]

Recruiting as of 9/15/24 by We R Final Four
[October 22, 2024, 06:51:53 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Oldgym
[October 22, 2024, 05:29:19 PM]

Marquette Retiring Jim Chones Jersey by Nukem2
[October 22, 2024, 04:06:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 WNBA Thread  (Read 22092 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: 2024 WNBA Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2024, 06:17:17 PM »
Dude come on!  You cannot constantly call out posters for making predictions on both sides of the fence and telling them of course they'll end up right one way or another, and then be the king of, "I'm not saying (this), but I'm also not, not saying (this)!"

Either the WNBA will blow up, or it won't!  Either someone as good as or better than Caitlin Clarke will someday come along, or someone better or as good as Caitlin Clarke won't come along!

Thanks for the astute observations!

It obviously wasn't a prediction. Indeed, it obviously was the opposite of a prediction. But you be your disingenuous self.

Oh, and if you're gonna pretend to be intellectually superior, at least spell Clark right.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2024, 06:04:14 PM »
WNBA better get control of the caitlin Clark situation before it get's out of hand.  the league needs to nip this one NOW and send a message!  there is no excuse for the behavior and I haven't seen any footage of her being overly physical nor talking chit.  if she is, I don't blame her

I hope this isn't a thing about her being #1 draft pick and not being in the "sister" club and or other "behaviors"
felz Houston ate uncle boozie's hands

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2024, 06:12:06 PM »
WNBA better get control of the caitlin Clark situation before it get's out of hand.  the league needs to nip this one NOW and send a message!  there is no excuse for the behavior and I haven't seen any footage of her being overly physical nor talking chit.  if she is, I don't blame her

I hope this isn't a thing about her being #1 draft pick and not being in the "sister" club and or other "behaviors"
Quite the double standard. The contact to Clark is just an average NBA game. The "bump" by Chennedy was not that egregious  IMO.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2024, 06:19:29 PM »
I think the only thing out of control are the ESPN talking heads on this issue.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2024, 06:25:29 PM »
  it's all relative-the nba doles out punishment immediately, either at the time of the foul or next day at latest.  seems it's been building to whatever they(wnba) allow right now

contact wasn't "egregious"??  it wasn't really a basketball move and unnecessary considering where the action was.  if the refs can't see that was a flag I at that moment, then welcome to the school of angel hernandez

if they want all star womens basket-mania-ball, then never mind

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2024, 06:29:58 PM »
  it's all relative-the nba doles out punishment immediately, either at the time of the foul or next day at latest.  seems it's been building to whatever they(wnba) allow right now

contact wasn't "egregious"??  it wasn't really a basketball move and unnecessary considering where the action was.  if the refs can't see that was a flag I at that moment, then welcome to the school of angel hernandez

People are acting as if it was like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCu5rO2ETvs&rco=1

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2024, 06:39:01 PM »

This is about a lot of things - race, sexual preference, being a rookie. But mostly it’s about envy. Mean spirited and stupid envy. The blatant cheap shot, the cheering on the sideline by Angel Reese, the fact that Clark’s own teammates don’t seem interested in having her back. Stupid. If they just play basketball Caitlin Clark will do for them what Tiger did for other golfers - make them a whole lot of $ they wouldn’t otherwise make. Sometimes people can’t see the forest for the trees.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2024, 06:39:48 PM »

Clark has played in 11 games. One hard foul. There really isn’t a problem here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2024, 06:55:56 PM »

That wasn’t a hard foul. It was a blatant, blindside in the back body block before the ball was even put into play.

There have been scores of hard fouls, at least from what I’ve read from commentators and former players.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2024, 06:56:57 PM »

yes, 1 hard foul in 11 games, very good but it sure looked like they put a bounty on her arse.  to go over right in front of ref and hip check her...then the press conference was an embarrassment.  they did not represent their team nor WNBA well at all.  the "tough guy" look ain't a good one

point #2-don't these little hoodlum-esses understand that Caitlin is good for ALL of the WNBA?  she's bringing more people to the show and that is what they got-not very bright

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2024, 06:58:12 PM »
  yes, 1 hard foul in 11 games, very good but it sure looked like they put a bounty on her arse.  to go over right in front of ref and hip check her...then the press conference was an embarrassment.  they did not represent their team nor WNBA well at all.  the "tough guy" look ain't a good one

point #2-don't these little hoodlum-esses understand that Caitlin is good for ALL of the WNBA?  she's bringing more people to the show and that is what they got-not very bright

It's all good. You're overreacting.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2024, 06:58:58 PM »
Caitlin Clark will be fine.   But having watched them a bit I would dismiss her coach. 

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2024, 07:00:43 PM »
Caitlin Clark will be fine.   But having watched them a bit I would dismiss her coach. 

Yeah, not been all that impressed with her but there really isn't a depth of talent there either.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2024, 07:03:46 PM »

Yeah, not been all that impressed with her but there really isn't a depth of talent there either.

True.  She's just on a crappy team. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2024, 07:06:02 PM »

It's all good. You're overreacting.

And you’re dismissing really bad behavior as no big deal.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2024, 07:12:01 PM »
What did I just read?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2024, 07:13:27 PM »
And you’re dismissing really bad behavior as no big deal.

It's poor behavior and should be punished.

But there is really nothing to get "in control" over.  A single incident doesn't indicate anything more than it being a single incident.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2024, 07:15:04 PM »
This is about a lot of things - race, sexual preference, being a rookie.

WTF is this nonsense? All the mean black lesbians are out to get Caitlyn Clark huh?

You guys sound as nutty as all the paternalistic talking heads on ESPN these days.

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2024, 07:17:43 PM »
What did I just read?

Lenny's, who has probably watched a grand total of a dozen minutes of WNBA basketball, is fancying himself on sage on the broader social implications of someone committing a dirty foul on a basketball court.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2024, 07:23:03 PM »
ok, no worries, they'll all be fine ::)

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2024, 07:25:09 PM »
What did I just read?

I’ll bite. What?

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2024, 07:25:39 PM »
ok, no worries, they'll all be fine ::)

As long as there isn't an epidemic of similar like fouls, they will be. Especially Clark. She's been around the game long enough to know she would be a target.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2024, 07:27:15 PM »
I’ll bite. What?

“Sisters” “hoodlum-esses”

Excuse me?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American