[October 22, 2024, 07:09:33 PM]

Recruiting as of 9/15/24 by We R Final Four
[October 22, 2024, 06:51:53 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Oldgym
[October 22, 2024, 05:29:19 PM]

Marquette Retiring Jim Chones Jersey by Nukem2
[October 22, 2024, 04:06:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 WNBA Thread  (Read 22093 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: 2024 WNBA Thread
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2024, 07:49:09 PM »
WTF is this nonsense? All the mean black lesbians are out to get Caitlyn Clark huh?

You guys sound as nutty as all the paternalistic talking heads on ESPN these days.

All? Who said or suggested all?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2024, 07:53:57 PM »
All? Who said or suggested all?

The fact that you believe any would target her because she’s a white, heterosexual is beyond strange.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2024, 07:57:51 PM »
Personally, I think players are sick of the attention and trying to give her a "rude awakening" to the life of professional hoops. I think it's silly, but I think other than the body check, most have just been hard fouls in the course of play.

It's funny that a lot of people longing for the real basketball of the 80s and 90s are getting upset at this. Isn't this basically what the Jordan Rules were?

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2024, 08:01:13 PM »
Personally, I think players are sick of the attention and trying to give her a "rude awakening" to the life of professional hoops. I think it's silly, but I think other than the body check, most have just been hard fouls in the course of play.

It's funny that a lot of people longing for the real basketball of the 80s and 90s are getting upset at this. Isn't this basically what the Jordan Rules were?

Your first paragraph is 100% spot on. Dianna Taurasi even said that’s what she was going to be dealing with. Making it anything more than that is just so strange.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2024, 08:08:19 PM »

I haven't watched a lot of WNBA hoops but the level of play hasn't Impressed me.  Is it overly physical this year for some reason?

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2024, 08:08:41 PM »
An observation from a white, heterosexual who has both played in and broadcasted WNBA games.

https://x.com/rebeccalobo/status/1797752503926436151?s=46&t=ppua9BCUAa7dWM9-SthPmg

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2024, 09:00:26 PM »
The fact that you believe any would target her because she’s a white, heterosexual is beyond strange.

The fact that you don’t believe race and sexual preference can lead to mistreatment of those in the minority in both is naive.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2024, 09:03:35 PM »

People here are longing for NBA games that end up 83-79 and are closer to football than basketball? Who?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2024, 09:25:39 PM »
An observation from a white, heterosexual who has both played in and broadcasted WNBA games.

https://x.com/rebeccalobo/status/1797752503926436151?s=46&t=ppua9BCUAa7dWM9-SthPmg

dude, even stephen a. smith brought up the race thingy and he's african american which of course you well know because...you're sally
felz Houston ate uncle boozie's hands

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2024, 09:30:10 PM »
The fact that you don’t believe race and sexual preference can lead to mistreatment of those in the minority in both is naive.

Mistreatment? Good Lord, it was a single cheap shot in the course of a basketball game, not a crime.
Your need to cry victim on behalf of the poor little white girl is bizarre.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2024, 09:33:11 PM »
dude, even stephen a. smith brought up the race thingy and he's african american which of course you well know because...you're sally

Read what he actually said, not your Fox News headline.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2024, 09:35:08 PM »
“Sisters” “hoodlum-esses”

Excuse me?

gasp gasp and gasp

if you say this and worse in a rap song over the loudspeakers in a public arena...take a deep breath

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2024, 09:41:02 PM »

gasp gasp and gasp

if you say this and worse in a rap song over the loudspeakers in a public arena...take a deep breath

So unfair that those rappers get to say the N-word and you can't, hey?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2024, 09:42:04 PM »
Your first paragraph is 100% spot on. Dianna Taurasi even said that’s what she was going to be dealing with. Making it anything more than that is just so strange.

Do these woman even know that they are chopping down the money tree?

Not to compare her to Tiger, but Clark is making a lot of money for those that are jealous of the attention she gets. Look at how ridiculously low WNBA salaries are. Now, someone comes along who will increase $$$ for everyone, and they’re unhappy with all the attention she is getting.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2024, 09:45:51 PM »

Not to compare her to Tiger, but Clark is making a lot of money for those that are jealous of the attention she gets. Look at how ridiculously low WNBA salaries are. Now, someone comes along who will increase $$$ for everyone, and they’re unhappy with all the attention she is getting.

This is great for the league's bottom line.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2024, 09:47:43 PM »
Read what he actually said, not your Fox News headline.

Smith said he believed there were WNBA players who were jealous of the attention Clark has received since entering the league and suggested race may play a part in it. "There are girls – young ladies – in the WNBA who are jealous of Caitlin Clark. She is a White girl that has come into the league," Smith said.11 hours ago"

what?  what what??
  i swear you guys who hate fox, watch it more than we do, but thanks for keeping us up to date 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2024, 09:49:21 PM »
  Smith said he believed there were WNBA players who were jealous of the attention Clark has received since entering the league and suggested race may play a part in it. "There are girls – young ladies – in the WNBA who are jealous of Caitlin Clark. She is a White girl that has come into the league," Smith said.11 hours ago"

what?  what what??
  i swear you guys who hate fox, watch it more than we do, but thanks for keeping us up to date

He did not suggest it was because of her race.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2024, 10:09:37 PM »
People do realize that if Caitlin Clark was simply shooting 36% from the field and 30% from 3 while turning the ball over 5.4 times per game without people pretending to be outraged at the "treatment" of her the WNBA would be getting far less attention, right?  The only problem has been Reese ducking the post game presser after cheering on the physical play.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2024, 10:14:57 PM »

+1000. Enough people gave a $hit about them BC (before Clark) that even with subsidies they were making peanuts. Along comes somebody who will change that and what happens? Cheap shots celebrated, teammates allowing it. Dumb. Really dumb. But that’s what envy can do to people. Reminds me of a verse from a Bob Dylan song:
While one who sings with his tongue on fire
Gargles in the rat race choir
Bent out of shape from society’s pliers
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole that he’s in

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2024, 10:19:05 PM »
What will the cries be like when a white, biological male dunks in this league?
REJOICE! Eric Dixon has been suspended!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2024, 10:38:14 PM »
What will the cries be like when a white, biological male dunks in this league?

You’d be one of many here crying so you’ll have to let us know.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2024, 03:44:36 AM »

It was not one cheap shot dude. Not a pattern.

How paternalistic of you to want to protect the heterosexual white girl from the black lesbians.

But I think the last person on earth that wants you to paint her as some sort of victim is Caitlyn Clark.

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2024, 03:47:01 AM »

Those hysterical women don’t know what’s best for them huh?

If only they’d listen to us middle aged white guys who have only watched the WNBA when we turned on the wrong channel by accident.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2024, 06:01:23 AM »
WNBA better get control of the caitlin Clark situation before it get's out of hand.  the league needs to nip this one NOW and send a message!  there is no excuse for the behavior and I haven't seen any footage of her being overly physical nor talking chit.  if she is, I don't blame her

I hope this isn't a thing about her being #1 draft pick and not being in the "sister" club and or other "behaviors"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2024, 06:02:38 AM »
  yes, 1 hard foul in 11 games, very good but it sure looked like they put a bounty on her arse.  to go over right in front of ref and hip check her...then the press conference was an embarrassment.  they did not represent their team nor WNBA well at all.  the "tough guy" look ain't a good one

point #2-don't these little hoodlum-esses understand that Caitlin is good for ALL of the WNBA?  she's bringing more people to the show and that is what they got-not very bright

feedback