Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So once we decided winning the Big East title game wasn’t important….  (Read 4786 times)

denverMU

• All American
Why the hell did we play Stevie? I don’t disagree with sitting Tyler but you are admitting there is a more important goal. Winning the NCAA tournament. So we should have sat Stevie and probably Kam, Oso, and Jop! Might as well rest them all.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Why the hell did we play Stevie? I don’t disagree with sitting Tyler but you are admitting there is a more important goal. Winning the NCAA tournament. So we should have sat Stevie and probably Kam, Oso, and Jop! Might as well rest them all.

Stevie earned the right to play with his 2 games to get there.

Even more important...sitting Stevie puts a lot of other guys at risk. Need bodies.
VIOLENCE!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83

Maybe two completely different situations are treated differently? Wild I know….
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Johnny B

• All American
I don’t necessarily agree… but I think there’s a semi decent point in there somewhere

• All American
They sat Tyler because they are concerned about reaggrevation or worsening the injury.

Is Stevie’s injury similar?  Or does it just hurt without similar concerns?

I guess in addition to coaches, announcers and referees, Scoopers are now armchair athletic trainers.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

denverMU

• All American
The determination was made our goal is to win in the NCAA tournament.Fine.  After getting the sh#t beat out of him yesterday, Stevie should have sat for sure.  Oso sure looked like he was injured. Either Tyler plays or rest all our starters for the games that matter.

• All American
Ok so I guess you are just going to say the same thing over and over without realizing that the situations may have been completely different.

denverMU

• All American
Ok, the situations aren’t different. We had 2 injured players both of whom we need in the NCAA tournament. We sat Tyler, therefore conceding winning this game.  We knew, based on conference play, we couldn’t win without Tyler. So once that call is made be consistent and sit all our injured players.

• All American
Ok, the situations aren’t different. We had 2 injured players both of whom we need in the NCAA tournament. We sat Tyler, therefore conceding winning this game.  We knew, based on conference play, we couldn’t win without Tyler. So once that call is made be consistent and sit all our injured players.

The injuries are different. So they should be handled differently.

avid1010

• All American
The situations are different.  You can arm-chair quarterback a lot of things...but without knowing the details of the two injuries...I'm not sure how you can be so confident that Shaka and company messed this decision up.

MU82

• All American
"dumb and dangerous" part 2?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

denverMU

• All American
What? Both injuries could keep the players from playing. Whether they are wrist, ankle, shoulder, oblique doesn’t matter. My bigger issue is you should play to win, with all your players (Tyler would have played just like Stevie did) or rest players who are nicked up to win the games you decide are more important.

• All American
What? Both injuries could keep the players from playing. Whether they are wrist, ankle, shoulder, oblique doesn’t matter. My bigger issue is you should play to win, with all your players (Tyler would have played just like Stevie did) or rest players who are nicked up to win the games you decide are more important.

It’s about reaggrevating or worsening the injury. I have no idea why you can’t understand this.

denverMU

• All American
Stevie’s shoulder was obviously injured, he could have injured more tonight. Why can’t you understand that? Yes, Tyler had already been held out but that only sets the precedent for benching injured players so they can play in the NCAA tournament.

• All American
Stevie could have injured his shoulder more? How do you know that?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Stevie’s shoulder was obviously injured, he could have injured more tonight. Why can’t you understand that? Yes, Tyler had already been held out but that only sets the precedent for benching injured players so they can play in the NCAA tournament.

Please CC me on these medical reports you are receiving.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Note to denverMU-

Take the loss and move on.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

denverMU

• All American
Now you’re just being silly. Injured players who play always have a chance of aggravating their injury. What you haven’t addressed is the fact that by not playing Tyler the coaching staff determined that the NCAA tournament was more important than the Big East tournament. OBTW I agree with that.

denverMU

• All American
Please CC me on these medical reports you are receiving.

Right Stevie’s shoulder was just fine. Must have medical reports to know that.

• All American
Now you’re just being silly. Injured players who play always have a chance of aggravating their injury. What you haven’t addressed is the fact that by not playing Tyler the coaching staff determined that the NCAA tournament was more important than the Big East tournament. OBTW I agree with that.

Uh…no they don’t.

Anyway, write Shaka a letter. I’m sure he will give it the response it deserves.

denverMU

• All American
Note to denverMU-

Take the loss and move on.

I will, I hope our guys heal quickly

denverMU

• All American

Uh…no they don’t.

Anyway, write Shaka a letter. I’m sure he will give it the response it deserves.

It’s interesting that you freely go on a website where people are invited to express their opinions and then you get all bent out of shape when people do. No need to get pissy.

• All American
It’s interesting that you freely go on a website where people are invited to express their opinions and then you get all bent out of shape when people do. No need to get pissy.

lol. White flag noted.

avid1010

• All American
It's interesting that you go on a website and are surprised when people state they trust Shaka and the medical team more than you.

denverMU

• All American
lol. White flag noted.

Yes, you “won”. Happy now. You, and posters like you, are why I rarely post anymore. It would be nice just have a reasonable discussion without worrying whether you need to prove someone right or wrong.

feedback