Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UConn game thread  (Read 17605 times)

real chili 83

• All American
UConn game thread
« on: March 16, 2024, 12:11:39 AM »
Tall task, but in the sage words of Legs, doable.

Do we dine on husky livers…wrapped in bacon?

Muggsy, what’s tougher, a pissed off manatee, a husky run over by a moose in Alaska, or a Marquette Warrior?

GO WARRIORS!!!!

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
Re: UConn game thread
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 02:28:35 AM »
If Kam brings that aggressive energy again tomorrow night I like our chances.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 05:04:52 AM »
Hurley given a tech last night. Here's what he said about their next game:

"I'm probably now the boy who cried wolf because of last game. But I promise you if we play Marquette tomorrow night, there will be no incident because those people are incredibly classy fans and we have incredible respect for them," Hurley said.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 08:07:55 AM »
MU + 9.5 this morning.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:09:57 AM by nyg »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 08:08:46 AM »
Fair.  A de facto road game.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 08:08:51 AM »
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hoist some 3s and get some boards and we gotta chance.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 08:11:06 AM »
Fair.  A de facto road game.

Yes it will be unfortunately. Probably worse than last night even.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 08:11:51 AM »
Stupid state school from nearby.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 08:24:07 AM »
Stupid state school from nearby.

Ha!!

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 08:34:11 AM »
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLLLE
No Finish Line

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 08:40:59 AM »
Hurley talking about getting his T during the StJ game.

"I'm probably now the boy who cried wolf because of last game. But I promise you if we play Marquette tomorrow night, there will be no incident because those people are incredibly classy fans and we have incredible respect for them,"

He does seem to only have good things to say about us.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 08:42:04 AM »
Hurley given a tech last night. Here's what he said about their next game:

"I'm probably now the boy who cried wolf because of last game. But I promise you if we play Marquette tomorrow night, there will be no incident because those people are incredibly classy fans and we have incredible respect for them," Hurley said.
1st thought: Hey, that’s a cool thing to say about MU
2nd thought: Huh, am I sitting at a car dealership across the table from a salesman trying to sell me a lemon?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 08:47:13 AM »
All year I have said and meant that I do not care about the BET and now I am counting down to tip off. I love seeing MU play games of significance and tonight is another one of those games. This group of guys deserves every accolade they can get and they deserve 100% support from every fan, even ones that claim not to care about the BET. I’m all in tonight.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2024, 09:13:45 AM »
1st thought: Hey, that’s a cool thing to say about MU
2nd thought: Huh, am I sitting at a car dealership across the table from a salesman trying to sell me a lemon?

Some on this board who now hang and evaluate every word out of Hurley’s mouth about us is a giant waste of time. Who cares what he says?  We don’t need Danny f’ing Hurley to validate our program. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2024, 09:17:30 AM »
Hurley talking about getting his T during the StJ game.

"I'm probably now the boy who cried wolf because of last game. But I promise you if we play Marquette tomorrow night, there will be no incident because those people are incredibly classy fans and we have incredible respect for them,"

He does seem to only have good things to say about us.

Pretty sure that was a backhanded insult to PC fans.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 09:23:09 AM »
All year I have said and meant that I do not care about the BET and now I am counting down to tip off. I love seeing MU play games of significance and tonight is another one of those games. This group of guys deserves every accolade they can get and they deserve 100% support from every fan, even ones that claim not to care about the BET. I’m all in tonight.

Ha! I knew it! I can honestly say my that when you said you didn't care about the BET numerous times, I was certain that you would change your tune. I knew it!  ;D
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024, 09:24:42 AM »

Not to “preseason” then?   ;D

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2024, 09:25:33 AM »
Some on this board who now hang and evaluate every word out of Hurley’s mouth about us is a giant waste of time. Who cares what he says?  We don’t need Danny f’ing Hurley to validate our program.

Nice to hear those words from Hurley on one hand, but on the other kind of getting “cute little brother” vibes from them. Hope we inflict devastation on their program tonight. They want this one really bad and I think despite winning the NC last year, our success in the BE last year in the regular season and BET still bothers them a lot.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2024, 09:27:48 AM »
Snoop

When you have a chance to win the BET on a Saturday night at the Garden, it does mean something. Now, I would not have been heartbroken if they lost last night, but very happy they won. As I mentioned, I hope this group of guys achieve every goal they have, both as a team and individually. They have been a joy to watch and I hope they are cutting down three sets of nets over the upcoming weeks.

LFG!!!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2024, 09:29:26 AM »
Nice to hear those words from Hurley on one hand, but on the other kind of getting “cute little brother” vibes from them. Hope we inflict devastation on their program tonight. They want this one really bad and I think despite winning the NC last year, our success in the BE last year in the regular season and BET still bothers them a lot.

Spot on. We don't need a Big Brother. I understand that the words themselves are complimentary but cannot get what I perceive as condescension out of my head.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2024, 09:29:49 AM »
Dr. B

When you stated a couple of weeks ago that “It’s Go Time”, the preseason ended for me. You sounded the alarm and I responded.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2024, 09:31:01 AM »
Snoop

When you have a chance to win the BET on a Saturday night at the Garden, it does mean something. Now, I would not have been heartbroken if they lost last night, but very happy they won. As I mentioned, I hope this group of guys achieve every goal they have, both as a team and individually. They have been a joy to watch and I hope they are cutting down three sets of nets over the upcoming weeks.

LFG!!!

I was just pulling your chain Goose. My wife likes to rub it in when I expect Marquette to lose a game and then they win.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2024, 09:35:16 AM »
Pretty sure that was a backhanded insult to PC fans.

Correct.  So why do most PC fans look like they are auditioning for the next season of Jersey Shore.

We are a classy fanbase, but BET is self selecting—takes more commitment for us travel from the Midwest then to hop a train

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2024, 09:37:09 AM »
Snoop

My wife was giving me hard time this morning about “my not caring about the BET”. She had booked an anniversary dinner tonight at a top joint in town and obviously that is not happening. She did book it for after the game, but she knows that I will be celebrating or down after the game “I don’t care much about”.

It is not a round number anniversary and all is good. You can always celebrate an anniversary or birthday, but MU does not always play on a Saturday night at the Garden, or maybe they do now!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 09:39:40 AM by Goose »

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2024, 09:40:04 AM »
Correct.  So why do most PC fans look like they are auditioning for the next season of Jersey Shore.

We are a classy fanbase, but BET is self selecting—takes more commitment for us travel from the Midwest then to hop a train

Love this post. All I have to add is that if Danny Boy was taking a shot at the PC fans, that would be a classic example of the cliche' "A pot calling the kettle black."