[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Villanova game thread  (Read 12546 times)

tower912

• All American
Villanova game thread
« on: March 14, 2024, 07:22:45 AM »
Too late.   Past my bedtime.   Plus, if MU loses to a team that narrowly beat DePaul, I am going to have go out and get a dog so I can yell at it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Villanova game thread
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 07:39:58 AM »
Too late.   Past my bedtime.   Plus, if MU loses to a team that narrowly beat DePaul, I am going to have go out and get a dog so I can yell at it.

O/U Dung Willie Game Thread

O/U 3.5 Butt Stuff
O/U 2.5 Name Calling Jop
O/U 4.5 Name Calling Gold
O/U .5 Name Calling Stevie
O/U 1.5 Posts after Marquette comfortably puts the game away
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 08:22:11 AM »
The title of this thread was so close to being "DePaul game thread". I expect a tough game, but with Marquette winning.

The post game debate whether we would be better off playing Nova or DePaul was sparked the usual suspect. As if "we" had any control over the outcome of the game.  :)
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 10:07:59 AM »
The Villanova offense is putrid and hard to watch. Oso just needs to body up on Dixon and that will be a huge plus. Dixon crushed the bigs for DePaul last night. Wondering if Longino is good to play after last night.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 10:18:45 AM »
Villanova gave MU two pretty tough games with Kolek playing so there’s no reason to think this won’t be a close game.

I suspect a lot of Nova’s problem last night was not taking DePaul seriously after destroying them twice during the season. I don’t think that will be a problem for them tonight as a win could put them into the NCAA field.

Nova obviously relies heavily on 3 point shooting and if they are hitting they will be a real problem.

Plus, we all know that it’s hard (or at least harder) to beat a team for the third time in a season. The first two games were hard enough so if this one is harder, and Nova is more motivated, MU could be in big trouble.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 10:29:17 AM »
DePaul did a nice job on Armstrong last night.

Dixon's pick and pop kept them in it. I don't know if he'll get as many good looks with MU's switching.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 10:56:44 AM »
The Villanova offense is putrid and hard to watch. Oso just needs to body up on Dixon and that will be a huge plus. Dixon crushed the bigs for DePaul last night. Wondering if Longino is good to play after last night.

Dixon played a lot outside.  Even Rafferty said on numerous occasions, they need to go to Dixon inside. He was 2 for 11 from three before hitting that key three.  He was open because Depaul doubled and the doubler passed it back to him.  MU does that a lot and can't do it tonight too much because Nova loves the three ball.  It is at times MU's defense achilles heal.

Must keep that Hausen guy from hitting the three.  He has not scored in past two games and don't want a player going off, because Hausen when hot is dangerous.

With Kolek out, suspect Nova starts going inside to get Oso in foul trouble.  Nova probably one man down with a key sub, Longino who hurt his knee last night.  No knowledge if he is out, but did not look good. If out, Hausen I presume starts.

So, no foul trouble from Oso, keep Hausen and Armstrong from going off from three and limit fouls because Nova hits those free throws.  Piece of cake.......

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2024, 02:51:49 PM »
Anytime you can beat Nova it is a feather in the cap.
MU will be motivated tonight.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2024, 02:55:11 PM »
Villanova gave MU two pretty tough games with Kolek playing so there’s no reason to think this won’t be a close game.

I suspect a lot of Nova’s problem last night was not taking DePaul seriously after destroying them twice during the season. I don’t think that will be a problem for them tonight as a win could put them into the NCAA field.

Nova obviously relies heavily on 3 point shooting and if they are hitting they will be a real problem.

Plus, we all know that it’s hard (or at least harder) to beat a team for the third time in a season. The first two games were hard enough so if this one is harder, and Nova is more motivated, MU could be in big trouble.

They made 14 in Milwaukee and 11 in Philly. If they go to the line that is where it could make a difference; they just don't miss FTs.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2024, 05:20:05 PM »
They made 14 in Milwaukee and 11 in Philly. If they go to the line that is where it could make a difference; they just don't miss FTs.

They are number 1 in the country at FT%...but even they miss 18.5% of their free throws.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2024, 05:47:37 PM »
Four of the teams MU is competing closely with on the seed list (Iowa State, Baylor, Creighton, and Duke) are all in action tonight.

MU at -4 is the narrowest favorite of the 5 teams. The others are all favored by between 7 and 11 points.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2024, 06:47:09 PM »
One 5 point win vs them one 13 point win vs them.  With Kolek. This will be a battle tonight.  We can’t let them in the Bonus because they are too good at the line.  Will be interesting to see if we have a different strategy for their three point shooting.  If they are hitting so we stick with the shooters and not switch? 

Will be a tough one.   If it comes down to coaching decisions, we shou”d win that war.  Go Marquette!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 06:52:41 PM by Daniel »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2024, 08:16:08 PM »
Let's go now!!

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2024, 08:17:55 PM »
Let’s take care of business and lock down a 2 seed.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2024, 08:18:28 PM »
What a great opportunity for these student athletes tonight.  Playing at MSG and representing your family and university.  Here’s hoping both teams play hard and have fun tonight.  There maybe a loser tonight but if you play fair and try hard, you’re never a loser

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2024, 08:26:05 PM »
What a great opportunity for these student athletes tonight.  Playing at MSG and representing your family and university.  Here’s hoping both teams play hard and have fun tonight.  There maybe a loser tonight but if you play fair and try hard, you’re never a loser

Hope they play for the name on the front of the jersey and not the one on the back.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2024, 08:27:14 PM »
Hope they play for the name on the front of the jersey and not the one on the back.

And the pageantry

nyg

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2024, 08:27:26 PM »
Sort of big game now.  With Duke and Creighton losses, could possibly seal a 2 seed with win.  Enjoy the game. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2024, 08:29:45 PM »
Sort of big game now.  With Duke and Creighton losses, could possibly seal a 2 seed with win.  Enjoy the game.

Imo we would. Cause ISU and Baylor at best play each other tomorrow
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2024, 08:32:38 PM »
Let’s Gooo Marquette!   Don’t foul these Gus, get rebounds, move the ball for the best short - crisp clean passes.  Let’s Gooooooo!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2024, 08:34:13 PM »
They are number 1 in the country at FT%...but even they miss 18.5% of their free throws.

...but they were perfect against us at the Finn, 17-17.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2024, 08:38:36 PM »
Villanova is evil and must be destroyed.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2024, 08:40:38 PM »
Need big games from Cam, Jolp, Brick, and Dung tonight
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2024, 08:42:37 PM »
Scoopers need to step up their comedy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2024, 08:42:52 PM »
Need big games from Cam, Jolp, Brick, and Dung tonight
Is Zaide out?  Just saw him in sweat pants in huddle