Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kolek Update  (Read 83164 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Kolek Update
« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2024, 06:55:12 PM »
My intercostal muscle strain is hurting bad again. But I’m hitting the courts tonight. It’s go time, for Tyler and me. #Warriors
Trulys for pain killers after?
Goal is National Championship

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2024, 07:06:23 PM »
I had a vasectomy on Thursday and I can barely walk. I’m sure this is worse than an oblique.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #402 on: March 12, 2024, 07:41:56 PM »
Expect Tyler to play this week.

0 really? Tell us more.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #403 on: March 12, 2024, 07:45:58 PM »
Marquette will play in the Big East Tournament. Obviously. They will face two outstanding teams. If they play in the championship I believe Tyler will play some minutes and that will be determined by the score and the situation. The team is playing well. He wants to play but Smart will decide if it will be beneficial and advantageous to push him or rest him another week.

In the 64 tournament Marquette isn’t playing in Milwaukee. It doesn’t matter where they play. I don’t believe any of these top ten schools will be playing in home town courts so what does it matter? Marquette is ready and will play well anywhere they step on the court. They’re ready to go. It won’t matter where or when. Are they playing in the Midwest, or the south or the west? Don’t brother my brain. The team is ready to win no matter where they go. Rest your mind.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #404 on: March 12, 2024, 07:53:59 PM »
Marquette will play in the Big East Tournament. Obviously. They will face two outstanding teams. If they play in the championship I believe Tyler will play some minutes and that will be determined by the score and the situation. The team is playing well. He wants to play but Smart will decide if it will be beneficial and advantageous to push him or rest him another week.

In the 64 tournament Marquette isn’t playing in Milwaukee. It doesn’t matter where they play. I don’t believe any of these top ten schools will be playing in home town courts so what does it matter? Marquette is ready and will play well anywhere they step on the court. They’re ready to go. It won’t matter where or when. Are they playing in the Midwest, or the south or the west? Don’t brother my brain. The team is ready to win no matter where they go. Rest your mind.

Love it Oilcan!  You the man!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #405 on: March 12, 2024, 08:03:42 PM »
Congratulations to Tyler for being named a Sporting News second team all American.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #406 on: March 12, 2024, 08:04:45 PM »
Congratulations to Tyler for being named a Sporting News second team all American.

Saw that and that’s great.  When does the real one come out?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #407 on: March 12, 2024, 08:31:41 PM »
oilcan

It’s go time. I love how you think and appreciate your posts. I hope you enjoy every minute of a a deep run and keep us up to speed on your thoughts. Hopefully,  you will enjoy the games over a few cold ones with your buddy Barry.

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #408 on: March 12, 2024, 09:13:28 PM »
I had a vasectomy on Thursday and I can barely walk. I’m sure this is worse than an oblique.

The most painful part of that for me was when they removed the tape from my chest.  Ouch.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #409 on: March 12, 2024, 09:35:36 PM »
If I play a regular season game and get hurt I sit out and get healthy. And then I come back. That’s understandable and reasonable. You can’t blame me. And I believe in the next man up.

Tyler Kolek is not going to say, “Well, that was a crazy injury. I didn’t even get hit by anyone. I just twisted myself throwing a pass. So I don’t know, maybe I’m done.”

When the cards are dealt and you don’t have the hand you need to win you walk away. Until the next time. Tyler doesn’t care about next year. He has to have it this year, he has to have it now.

Tyler is not me. Or you. He’ll shake you out of your jock strap. You’ll see.

Hey, don’t ask him to get a vasectomy. I stopped watched weirdo shows a long time ago.
I’m tired. I hope to we get to hear everything you guys have to talk about this Thursday.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #410 on: March 12, 2024, 09:53:39 PM »

I don’t believe he will be waiting til the championship
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #411 on: March 12, 2024, 10:34:12 PM »

Give us an update in 30 days. 😉

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #412 on: March 12, 2024, 10:47:54 PM »
If Ty.ervis ready to go for the BET, we will see him play limited minutes just to get him back in rhythm.   But not expecting a lot of minutes.    We will see.  Hope he is 100% and ready to rock and roll.  Go Marquette!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #413 on: March 12, 2024, 11:23:14 PM »
Give us an update in 30 days. 😉
If he needs 30 days, he probably GOWNE
Goal is National Championship

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #414 on: March 13, 2024, 09:36:48 AM »
TK not playing Thursday according to Goodman.

https://x.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1767921193074545027?s=20
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #415 on: March 13, 2024, 09:39:55 AM »

He’s never playing for the Golden Eagles again
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #416 on: March 13, 2024, 09:43:03 AM »

Rico,  you’ve said this definitively a couple times.  Can’t tell if it’s sarcasm or not.  Inside information?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #417 on: March 13, 2024, 09:44:02 AM »

YOU'RE never playing for the Golden Eagles again.

Zing!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #418 on: March 13, 2024, 09:47:56 AM »

So, if true, we are down to at most 2 additional potential games/dates for Tyler to play before NCAA - Friday and Saturday.  Just not sure I feel its worth it to essentially accelerate his return by a full week if he still isn't cleared for Thursday?

My concern is on the defensive end - I just see teams wanting to run him through a lot of ball screens.  The pounding I see Stevie Mitchell take getting around/through ball screens seems to entail a lot of direct shots to the ribs/oblique area, is almost alarming at times.

That being said I have zero expertise on these matters, just opining more from a seemingly common sense perspective.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 09:54:45 AM by Elonsmusk »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #419 on: March 13, 2024, 09:49:57 AM »
So, if true, we are down to at most 2 additional potential games/dates for Tyler to play before NCAA - Friday and Saturday.  Just not sure I feel its worth it to essentially accelerate his return by a full week if he still isn't cleared for Thursday?

My concern is on the defensive end - I just see teams wanting to run him through a lot of ball screens.  The pounding I see Stevie Mitchell take getting around/through ball screens seems to entail a lot of direct shots to the ribs/oblique area.

That being said I have zero expertise on these matters, just opining more from a seemingly common sense perspective.

Lotsa common sense in there, sir.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #420 on: March 13, 2024, 09:50:22 AM »
Well, hopefully we either win a couple games without him, or the committee just takes MU at their word that he'll return with nothing suggesting he actually will.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #421 on: March 13, 2024, 09:53:27 AM »
If he's not ready for tomorrow, he shouldn't play in the BET - and my guess is that he won't.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #422 on: March 13, 2024, 09:53:40 AM »
Might as well sit have Kolek sit out the whole BET.  Get right for the NCAAs. 

Not expecting the committee to do us any favors seeding wise. Either get to the BET final without Kolek to earn a 2 seed or expect a 3 seed.

• All American
« Reply #423 on: March 13, 2024, 09:55:41 AM »
2 or 3 seed makes little difference IMO.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #424 on: March 13, 2024, 09:56:33 AM »
March Malaise

feedback