Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kolek Update  (Read 83143 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Kolek Update
« Reply #300 on: March 08, 2024, 01:31:43 PM »
TK doesn’t pay until cleared by the MU dental school. Full stop.
They will clear immediately, they're only interested in his $$$$.
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #301 on: March 08, 2024, 01:34:29 PM »
I know this is not a popular concept here, but I think Kolek, Shaka, and Kolek's doctor should confer and make the decisions.
Yeah, I don't think they take Scoop's opinion into consideration.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2024, 01:59:52 PM »
As some may know, I recently had an intercostal muscle strain (maybe similar to oblique?? But muscle tears in/around the rib cage area). The pain was intense and severe, and initially I thought I had cracked a rib(s).

For several days, the pain was crazy when doing certain things such as coughing and laughing. I was out of commission and my pickleball paddle was collecting cobwebs.

Around 10 days in I felt like I could go again and I think it was around 2 weeks, it was feeling pretty much all better.

So, I feel there is hope for Tyler.

That said, even if he’s doing great and is healthy and say we magically advance to the second weekend, I’ll continue to have nightmares and awful thoughts about him potentially making a move where it happens again and he’s dunzo. Every day will be a mental struggle for me in that regard.

PS - I approve of administering any type of drug or treatment to help him play
Judging by the video of your free throw shooting I’m going out on a ledge and guessing Tyler might be in a little better shape than you…and doesn’t buy his jerseys at Gap Kids…

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #303 on: March 08, 2024, 02:08:27 PM »
Judging by the video of your free throw shooting I’m going out on a ledge and guessing Tyler might be in a little better shape than you…and doesn’t buy his jerseys at Gap Kids…
Give JB a break he is on his way to official geezer

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2024, 02:11:02 PM »

#FTsNoMatta

I shoot NBA+ treys
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #305 on: March 08, 2024, 02:18:07 PM »
Yeah, I don't think they take Scoop's opinion into consideration.

No surprise. Seems like Shaka ignores the tons of advice offered here to improve as a coach. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother. Some scoopers ' advice comes across as polite suggestions. Then there's Muggy's-authoritative and sternly demanding in tone. Yet Shaka apparently ignores his posts as well. Inexcusable! Unacceptable!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 02:54:43 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #306 on: March 08, 2024, 02:35:22 PM »
No surprise. Seems like Shaka ignores the tons of advice offered here to improve as a coach. Sometimes I wonder why we even bother. Some scoopers ' advice comes across as polite suggestions. Then there's Muggy's-authoritative and sternly demanding in tone. Yet Shaka apparently ignores his posts as well.

Well, it was Scoop that got rid of Wojo.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #307 on: March 08, 2024, 02:41:28 PM »
Guys,

I have to be a bit careful here due to HIPAA laws but I’m one of the staff doctors for the team. The remarkable thing that’s not being reported is following the treatments we administered last week, Tyler now has the ability to throw passes 3x as fast with even greater pinpoint accuracy. It appears the muscle stimulation treatments have also triggered tremendous gains to his shooting distance now making 30-40 foot jumpers feel like layups to Tyler. Frankly it’s incredible.

The only other time I can remember seeing this in my career is when I worked in a pediatric capacity and a young 12-year old boy saw significant performance gains after recovering from a broken arm. I’m pretty sure you all remember Henry Rowengartner, the prodigal pitcher for the Chicago Cubs. What a story.

All this to say, whenever Tyler returns he will be a dominating force like we’ve never seen. As the other board likes to do, I’ll say something like DWade, Novak, Butch Lee and Tony Smith in a blender.

Make your travel plans to Phoenix. We’re going all the way!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #308 on: March 08, 2024, 02:51:06 PM »
Well, it was Scoop that got rid of Wojo.

Yeah. And if Shaka doesn't get us to at least the Final Four this year, Scoop should probably get rid of him too.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #309 on: March 08, 2024, 03:01:57 PM »
Guys,

I have to be a bit careful here due to HIPAA laws but I’m one of the staff doctors for the team. The remarkable thing that’s not being reported is following the treatments we administered last week, Tyler now has the ability to throw passes 3x as fast with even greater pinpoint accuracy. It appears the muscle stimulation treatments have also triggered tremendous gains to his shooting distance now making 30-40 foot jumpers feel like layups to Tyler. Frankly it’s incredible.

The only other time I can remember seeing this in my career is when I worked in a pediatric capacity and a young 12-year old boy saw significant performance gains after recovering from a broken arm. I’m pretty sure you all remember Henry Rowengartner, the prodigal pitcher for the Chicago Cubs. What a story.

All this to say, whenever Tyler returns he will be a dominating force like we’ve never seen. As the other board likes to do, I’ll say something like DWade, Novak, Butch Lee and Tony Smith in a blender.

Nice! We have our own Henry Rowengartner in TyKo!

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #310 on: March 08, 2024, 03:06:34 PM »
🤣 that oblique and those molars are ready for some NCAA meat 🥩!!!

BBQ chicken

MurphysTillClose

• Starter
« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2024, 03:11:07 PM »
Guys,

Oh my God, it's Billy Frick

FairWeatherEagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2024, 03:16:15 PM »
Guys,

They did a documentary on this very thing some time ago... some thought medfield college players were medically enhanced as our wayward physician, Dr. MarquetteVol would claim but it really proved to be a substance applied to the shoes.
A prescient piece with Fred McMurray narrating. find more about this doc here:  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054594/

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2024, 03:17:44 PM »
Who knew Flubber was real?!?!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2024, 03:18:28 PM »
Rosen-Burger warm up, your going in.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #315 on: March 08, 2024, 03:31:46 PM »
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 03:34:09 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #316 on: March 08, 2024, 03:34:08 PM »
Traveling to Cinci.  Heard that's a bad sign.  Setback?  Season over?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #317 on: March 08, 2024, 03:34:33 PM »
Guys,

Now THAT is some funky buttlovin
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #321 on: March 08, 2024, 03:51:08 PM »
🤣 that oblique and those molars are ready for some NCAA meat 🥩!!!
haha! (btw, meant play, not pay)

Viper

• All American
« Reply #322 on: March 08, 2024, 03:54:46 PM »
Guys,

in other words, bionic million dollar man, hey. He’s been rebuilt, better than before!!

romey

• All American
« Reply #323 on: March 08, 2024, 03:55:42 PM »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #324 on: March 08, 2024, 04:02:53 PM »
Traveling to Cinci.  Heard that's a bad sign.  Setback?  Season over?

In a casket?