Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kolek  (Read 12535 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Kolek
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2024, 10:52:10 AM »
More credible with D.D.S. after his/her name, aina?

Not the ones on this board.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2024, 10:53:33 AM »
Hard to see them winning either of the next 2 without Kolek should he not play...

Even if he does it will be tough...

Anyone know the tiebreaker for the 2/3 seeds should Marquette and Creighton have the same record and split the 2 matchups?

Tie breaker would be record vs top seed in which Creighton is 1-1 and MU is 0-1 vs UConn. Next would be whoever ranks next which would be record vs Hall, which they are 2-0 and we are 1-1. Basically we lose most tiebreakers if we do not beat them and finish with a similar record.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2024, 10:55:17 AM »
Heard from a source (can't say who -journalistic integrity and all) that Tyler had his oblique amputated this morning

So, good to go Saturday?
Excellent news.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2024, 10:56:05 AM »
Tie breaker would be record vs top seed in which Creighton is 1-1 and MU is 0-1 vs UConn. Next would be whoever ranks next which would be record vs Hall, which they are 2-0 and we are 1-1. Basically we lose most tiebreakers if we do not beat them and finish with a similar record.

We also would lose tiebreakers to Seton Hall (who beat UConn) for 3rd/4th.  That might be an even bigger deal.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2024, 10:56:49 AM »
When is it common to have an official update on his status? This afternoon?

They won't share anything until Saturday.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2024, 11:00:37 AM »
Just get right for the NCAA Tournament.  While I would prefer to win, I don't really care about the next three or BET.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2024, 11:02:13 AM »
Just get right for the NCAA Tournament.  While I would prefer to win, I don't really care about the next three or BET.

Yep. That is where I stand. Three weeks from today or tomorrow is all that matters. If he needs those three weeks, give it to him.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2024, 11:03:09 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2024, 11:03:23 AM »
Marcus Smart's injury came at the start of the playoffs. Don't think it was a load management situation.
But yeah, there are great variations in any kind of muscle strain. Kolek could play Saturday or he could be done for the season. We'll see.
Are those the only two options?

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2024, 11:04:27 AM »
Definitely in an expecting the worst, hoping for the best mindset.

Best Case: TKO went BACK into the game after the doctors looked at him. Still didn't feel great when he went back in, they were up huge, and pulled himself, because why risk it?

Worst Case: The thing got way worse overnight and like most of these injuries, it's 2-4 weeks.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2024, 11:04:33 AM »
We also would lose tiebreakers to Seton Hall (who beat UConn) for 3rd/4th.  That might be an even bigger deal.

That requires Marquette to lose out and seton hall to upset UConn. I don’t see either happening. Frankly even with the injury to Kolek I believe Marquettes beats UConn at home. Without him at creighton however it could be ugly

Goose

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2024, 11:05:18 AM »
TK is needed in the NCAA and unless 100% I hope he is held out. There really is nothing to be gained over the next two weeks that is worth taking any risk, imo.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2024, 11:05:31 AM »
Not the ones on this board.

I’ve been told they’ve already administered Tyler a steady dose of hyrodxychloroquine
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2024, 11:06:44 AM »
I’ve been told they’ve already administered Tyler a steady dose of hyrodxychloroquine

Well, mixed in the proper dosage with Ivermectin and Fentanyl, that should fix it. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2024, 11:10:32 AM »
Well, mixed in the proper dosage with Ivermectin and Fentanyl, that should fix it.

I have experience in administering Ivermectin to horses. Too bad I do not live in Milwaukee or I could help out.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2024, 11:12:39 AM »
I am willing to donate my oblique. It's not very good according to my PT and declining swing speed, but it's probably better than the one they just amputed
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2024, 11:14:06 AM »

Eye

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2024, 11:18:11 AM »
Hard to see them winning either of the next 2 without Kolek should he not play...

Even if he does it will be tough...

Anyone know the tiebreaker for the 2/3 seeds should Marquette and Creighton have the same record and split the 2 matchups?

Record against top team, then 4th place teams, work your way down. So if both finish with 6 losses and MU loses to UConn, Creighton would be 2 seed with win over UConn and MU getting swept by UConn. 2-3 not a huge difference except times. Would rather be 3 and avoid St Johns than be 2 and have to play them as the 7.
GO WARRIORS!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2024, 11:18:24 AM »
TK is needed in the NCAA and unless 100% I hope he is held out. There really is nothing to be gained over the next two weeks that is worth taking any risk, imo.

If they leave that decision solely up to Tyler...he is going to play.

When Kam sprained his ankle it sounded like he made the decision himself to play and they didn't stop him until 5 minutes in when they realized he looked very hobbled.

I agree, hold him out if there is risk, but I won't be surprised 1 bit to see him playing on Saturday.
VIOLENCE!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2024, 11:21:49 AM »
Yes.
Damn. Has the trading deadline passed?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2024, 11:33:18 AM »
Heard from a source (can't say who -journalistic integrity and all) that Tyler had his oblique amputated this morning

I heard the same, but I also heard that he got a transplant from a very jacked donor. He's going to be ready to go Saturday.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2024, 11:35:32 AM »
Yeah. Not telling you that. And I know everyone questions sources, but I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t trust the source with the two initials behind his name who is closely associated with the team.

If his initials are JL, you just told us anyway.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2024, 11:37:45 AM »
Are those the only two options?

Yep, if you don't see him Saturday he gets the Old Yeller treatment.

As is tradition.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2024, 11:38:26 AM »
By stating that you don’t really care about the next three (losses) and BET(loss)…….I wonder how far we would drop on the seed line….

Goose

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2024, 11:45:53 AM »
I have little concern over what seed MU ends getting. A healthy TK with a 3 seed is far more appealing to me than a 2 seed with a less than healthy TK. This team is built to compete with the top teams in the country and being healthy is top priority, imo. That said, I think they can beat and/or win the next three without TK.

feedback