[Today at 05:10:01 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Hards Alumni
[Today at 05:06:39 PM]

Oso (and Stevie) by JakeBarnes
[Today at 02:42:16 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[Today at 01:56:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tre Norman  (Read 11559 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Tre Norman
« on: February 22, 2024, 02:55:36 AM »
It seems 3 players on this team have come into MU with flat trajectory on there shot.  Kolek initial year he had zero arch on his shot, that changed to a beautiful rainbow shot, now Tre and Ben need to figure this out.  Tre had a nice run last night but all 3 shots behind the line, where line drives and missed them all.  Something for those 2 kids to work on.  Al is really raw, do not see him getting many minutes next year as well.

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Tre Norman
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 05:51:38 AM »
It seems 3 players on this team have come into MU with flat trajectory on there shot.  Kolek initial year he had zero arch on his shot, that changed to a beautiful rainbow shot, now Tre and Ben need to figure this out.  Tre had a nice run last night but all 3 shots behind the line, where line drives and missed them all.  Something for those 2 kids to work on.  Al is really raw, do not see him getting many minutes next year as well.

How is there (sic) spelling?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 06:31:52 AM »
How is there (sic) spelling?

At 3 o’clock in the morning pretty bad, drugged out after having knee replacement surgery

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 07:47:45 AM »
I actually thought Norman looked pretty decent. The shot can be fixed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 07:52:50 AM »
I thought Norman looked very comfortable last night. For the first time I thought he played relaxed and looked pretty good to me. Granted it was not great competition, but maybe that is what he needed to get into the flow of things.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 08:37:40 AM »

Agreed. There were moments where he flashed his athleticism and strength along with some composure. Hope he continues to improve.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 08:49:47 AM »
I thought Norman looked very comfortable last night. For the first time I thought he played relaxed and looked pretty good to me. Granted it was not great competition, but maybe that is what he needed to get into the flow of things.
[/quote

Agreed, played better just needs his shot worked on.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 09:05:09 AM »
After Etienne tackled Lowery, Zaide looked dazed and confused shooting the free throws.  I was pleased to see him with the get T'd against UConn.    The freshmen are fine.    They haven't been called on to contribute huge moments.   The guards have shown me enough that I am comfortable with them playing significant minutes next year.
   Amadou has further to go.   He made a nice dribble drive last night but was not strong enough to finish.  He is reportedly at 213 lbs now, up from 195 when he arrived.  I can picture him at 235 with arms and shoulders like Oso's and Ben's.   His offensive game may never be as good as theirs.   Alas.   But I can see him getting buckets like Barro, a garbage man getting his points off of dump offs and put backs.
    Tre looked fine to me last night.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 09:11:47 AM »
Tre plays at his pace. When he gets more comfortable and can ramp that up a bit it could be a lot of fun.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 09:22:09 AM »
I like Tre. He's a fighter and competitor who plays to win on both ends. Love the way Shaka is building the team giving young players experience and mature players to lead the way.

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 10:50:40 AM »
all the freshmen have no outside shot.  At least this year, we can't depend on them or expect them to help out offensively.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 10:51:42 AM »
wouldn’t be great to get a guy where the shot doesn’t need fixing?

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 10:55:27 AM »

Eh. Most of these guys could score so easily at the previous level that it wasn't much of a concern.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2024, 11:01:10 AM »
I am not sure how anyone can make any real evaluation of any of the three freshmen given how little they have played. Granted, Tre and Zaide have started to get more minutes recently, and the results have been mixed which is absolutely understandable. It' hard to only play a couple of minutes here and there. Oso did not look like a world beater at the beginning either. But, get used to Tre because, without a transfer portal player, he is the point guard next year since Sean Jones very well may not be up to speed when the season starts.

JTJ3

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 11:02:05 AM »
Tre shoots like someone who is not comfortable shooting will such a high release.  In HS the release point on his 3s was much lower, which worked at that level.  He's a good shooter, another full summer of work to get comfortable with this higher release and Im confident he will be at least a decent shooter going forward.  Which is good enough for him with how good he is attacking the basket (and already finishing with both hands which is refreshing to see).

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2024, 11:02:28 AM »
Eh. Most of these guys could score so easily at the previous level that it wasn't much of a concern.

As long as they're able to fix it before they need to be counted on for major minutes, I don't think it matters. Two years ago, Tyler, Jop, and Stevie were all having issues making threes, but they were 5th to 8th scoring options. Now that it matters, they're all proving to be reliable in conference play.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JTJ3

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2024, 11:04:26 AM »
After Etienne tackled Lowery, Zaide looked dazed and confused shooting the free throws.  I was pleased to see him with the get T'd against UConn.    The freshmen are fine.    They haven't been called on to contribute huge moments.   The guards have shown me enough that I am comfortable with them playing significant minutes next year.
   Amadou has further to go.   He made a nice dribble drive last night but was not strong enough to finish.  He is reportedly at 213 lbs now, up from 195 when he arrived.  I can picture him at 235 with arms and shoulders like Oso's and Ben's.   His offensive game may never be as good as theirs.   Alas.   But I can see him getting buckets like Barro, a garbage man getting his points off of dump offs and put backs.
    Tre looked fine to me last night.

I picture Al playing the same role Kur did 2 years ago, just a little shorter but likely stronger.  Never a 30+ mpg star, but a nice role as an athletic rim runner, roll man and rim protector.  Gold and Parham will be more versatile threats for when we want to play with more spacing at the 5 spot.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 11:06:08 AM by JTJ3 »

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2024, 11:09:09 AM »

The trade off was what we had with Wojo.  Sure several guys came in who could shoot but they never had the skills to be good defenders.  My guess is that Shaka looks to defense first,  and figures he can make their shots better as many times it can be fixable to Sultan's point.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2024, 11:15:49 AM »
I was surprised to see Chase running point last night in the 2nd half over Tre. Wonder if that is a sign of things to come next year, especially before Sean comes back.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2024, 11:16:52 AM »
I was surprised to see Chase running point last night in the 2nd half over Tre. Wonder if that is a sign of things to come next year, especially before Sean comes back.

I noticed he did it at times in the second half v. UConn as well.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2024, 11:29:15 AM »
The trade off was what we had with Wojo.  Sure several guys came in who could shoot but they never had the skills to be good defenders.  My guess is that Shaka looks to defense first,  and figures he can make their shots better as many times it can be fixable to Sultan's point.

I love me some Stevie, but just think about offense on this team if we had Markus starting at the 2. Sure we'd give up some on D, but we'd score 130 points a game. It literally wouldn't be fair to the other team.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2024, 11:35:21 AM »
I love me some Stevie, but just think about offense on this team if we had Markus starting at the 2. Sure we'd give up some on D, but we'd score 130 points a game. It literally wouldn't be fair to the other team.

Kam is Marcus lite

Also, check out how many games we lost with Stevie out.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2024, 11:51:22 AM »
Kam is Marcus lite

Also, check out how many games we lost with Stevie out.

We lost 1 game with Stevie out.

Also, regardless of anyone’s stance on swapping Markus for Stevie.

Your point is irrelevant anyways, since Markus was not in fact playing when Stevie was out.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2024, 11:55:46 AM »
I noticed he did it at times in the second half v. UConn as well.

Chase as Shaka says is a dude, most athletic player on the team by far, would love to see him learn how to use his right hand, lefty dominant. When I played I was totally lefty dominant, you can get away with it but after awhile teams will take that away from him, Kolek has learned to use both hands which makes him a complete player.  Not sure Chase knows how to pass as a point, enjoy Kolek maybe the best passer in MU history, do not remember Tony Miller that much but Kolek makes insane passes every game .

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2024, 12:23:41 PM »
We lost 1 game with Stevie out.

Also, regardless of anyone’s stance on swapping Markus for Stevie.

Your point is irrelevant anyways, since Markus was not in fact playing when Stevie was out.

I don't know how to break it to you, but on a message board people discuss things.  Hypothetical things, frequently.

feedback