[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: White Sox/Bears Stadium Showdown  (Read 4286 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: White Sox/Bears Stadium Showdown
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2024, 08:36:33 AM »
Every time I post on Scoop, I feel the love, admiration, and respect that comes back at me.

Even when walking down the street near my house, people shout out “We love you, sir”. Fortunately, God created me as a humble man who never lets this adoring admiration go to my head.

As an evangelical Christian, I can’t be humble
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2024, 09:55:55 AM »
In a story full of bizarre statements, this might be my favorite:

"Heading toward the Bears sideline, Warren feels the love from fans as they yell out to him: "Let's go Mr. Warren," "Bear Down," and "Mr. Warren, we love you."

Do they really think Bears' fans fall for this stuff?

Bears fans, and football fans in general, are known for their courteousness inside the stadium.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2024, 03:52:11 PM »

The short answer is: They're Bears fans. They'd fall for about anything!

Their team is an operating subsidiary of the Green Bay Packers Football Club, Inc.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2024, 10:01:36 PM »
In a story full of bizarre statements, this might be my favorite:

"Heading toward the Bears sideline, Warren feels the love from fans as they yell out to him: "Let's go Mr. Warren," "Bear Down," and "Mr. Warren, we love you."

No one loves Kevin Warren like Kevin Warren.

Also, there definitely is a group of fans that exists that would do something dumb like that.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2024, 12:53:25 PM »
Read a report about Governor JB's reaction to a public/private partnership to build the new home of the Bears, Pritzker Stadium.

I'm betting the move  to build on public land in Chicago using public funds probably has more to do with an insurrection inside the McCaskey/Halas family than anything else. In the Heights, my understanding was the Bears sought to build the stadium themselves and have public funds only for highway and utility improvements.

Now, I'm betting the shift to Chicago suggests the family ain't ponying up for the stadium. They like living on their dividends and the idea of debt service before family dividends makes them cringe. My gosh, some of them might have to go out and, oh I don't know, earn an honest living free from the joy of large NFL-related dividends.

BEAR DOWN my backside!!!!

🏀

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2024, 06:01:13 AM »
The majority of the McCaskeys work and live very normal lives.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2024, 05:32:08 PM »
Make Arlington an illegal alien camp?  😂

Warren tasting Illinois pols at play from both ends.

https://northcooknews.com/stories/656658737-state-rep-walker-i-d-welcome-a-plan-to-build-illegal-alien-camp-at-arlington-park

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2024, 07:41:27 PM »
Make Arlington an illegal alien camp?  😂

Warren tasting Illinois pols at play from both ends.

https://northcooknews.com/stories/656658737-state-rep-walker-i-d-welcome-a-plan-to-build-illegal-alien-camp-at-arlington-park
I have no idea why people are leaving Illinois. No clue.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2024, 07:44:02 PM »
Asylum seekers aren’t illegal aliens.
That being said, that won’t happen on that piece of land in Arlington Heights.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2024, 08:56:08 PM »
Asylum seekers aren’t illegal aliens.
That being said, that won’t happen on that piece of land in Arlington Heights.

Yep and yep.
But the outrage machine needs outrage.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2024, 10:22:33 AM »
The Bears will be in AH. The negotiations have been going fine. The lakefront is just part of the bargaining process.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 02:48:30 PM by Jockey »

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2024, 04:06:51 PM »
Yep and yep.
But the outrage machine needs outrage.

How dare they get upset over those poor wretches   Chinese infiltrators, MS13, Hamas, ISIS, Venezuelan burglary rings, Chilean theft bands, Iranian sleeper cells . They are just here for the free stuff

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2024, 04:09:30 PM »
  How dare they get upset over those poor wretches   Chinese infiltrators, MS13, Hamas, ISIS, Venezuelan burglary rings, Chilean theft bands, Iranian sleeper cells . They are just here for the free stuff

That’s the good stuff
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2024, 04:22:50 PM »

Rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh*t-kickers and Methodists.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2024, 04:31:03 PM »
Rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh*t-kickers and Methodists.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2024, 04:41:52 AM »

Always love a Blazing Saddles reference.

88Warrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2024, 12:00:43 AM »
I still go back to the article that the Bears website posted in December on a day in the life of Kevin Warren. Everything that has happened since then has revealed itself going back to that article.

I'm all for leverage and having options, and on the surface, Warren is either an awesome poker player, or the McCaskey's made a gigantic mistake in hiring him to run the stadium show here.

Time is not the Bears friend, for many reasons. The IFSA TIF money expiring, competing against the White Sox both for that money and in the state legislature, overall construction costs being pushed up every day that there isn't a shovel in the ground somewhere.

Virginia is 101, the second she passes away, the future of the franchise is up in the air. The future value of the franchise is worth wayyyyyy more in Arlington Heights. I think ultimately they wind up in AH, but man, they are doing everything possible to make that reality as difficult as they can.

That "article" isn't an article as it was a spin piece by the Bears. My guess is it was material to allure ministers and politicians to support the Bears which creates leverage against AH. Note that Brandon appeared in video as well. Seemed like a rough day of work to me as he had to go to office to workout and then go home to wash Mercedes before driving family to game. Tough day with close in private room at Joe's Stone Crab.

The Bears should have been negotiating with AH before they closed on property. My personal opinion is they will build a new stadium and do a sale leaseback so family can capture value to put cash in family member's pockets. The property could still create long term cash flow to family if they retain some of the other real estate.Trend has been for NFL teams to move to suburban locations and Bears are no different. Travelling to a stadium along the lakefront with no access from east is a traffic nightmare even if they move to the south.

This play was setup many years ago when Bears moved offices out of Soldier Field but they still couldn't get ahead of the curve. There is more value to be created for the McCaskey family by building a team owned facility in AH than being a tenant of the City of Chicago.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2024, 07:17:02 AM »
That "article" isn't an article as it was a spin piece by the Bears. My guess is it was material to allure ministers and politicians to support the Bears which creates leverage against AH. Note that Brandon appeared in video as well. Seemed like a rough day of work to me as he had to go to office to workout and then go home to wash Mercedes before driving family to game. Tough day with close in private room at Joe's Stone Crab.

The Bears should have been negotiating with AH before they closed on property. My personal opinion is they will build a new stadium and do a sale leaseback so family can capture value to put cash in family member's pockets. The property could still create long term cash flow to family if they retain some of the other real estate.Trend has been for NFL teams to move to suburban locations and Bears are no different. Travelling to a stadium along the lakefront with no access from east is a traffic nightmare even if they move to the south.

This play was setup many years ago when Bears moved offices out of Soldier Field but they still couldn't get ahead of the curve. There is more value to be created for the McCaskey family by building a team owned facility in AH than being a tenant of the City of Chicago.

What you say is all true. But the Bears will be leaseholders on the lakefront. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2024, 09:51:22 AM »
What you say is all true. But the Bears will be leaseholders on the lakefront.

That is the Bears-iesty thing to do. But even the losers in charge know that they need to own and develop. That is where the money is.

Only the Bears can screw this up.