'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Warner+Fox+ESPN streaming service  (Read 7368 times)

jesmu84

• All American

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Warner+Fox+ESPN streaming service
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 04:21:11 PM »
Hey, I'm fine with paying up for one service if it is all bundled like this.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 04:24:51 PM »
This may be bearish long term for College Sports Media Rights . Depends on the fine print of the deal.
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 04:45:03 PM »

Cable TV is back!

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 05:05:43 PM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 05:19:12 PM »
No CBSSN? I need my Lappas fix!

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 06:40:09 PM »
Cable TV is back!

Time is a flat circle. Will be fascinated to see the price tag

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2024, 07:01:33 PM »
Cable TV is back!

Just wait till they split up the three channels you want and instead say "we have three basic subscriptions in each you get one sports channel, one news, 300 pastors streaming church, and 100 music channels"
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2024, 07:07:03 PM »

The interesting thing will be to see how much they gatekeep this.

Will they pull fs1, ESPN, etc from DirecTV? Cable? YouTube TV?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2024, 07:28:36 PM »

Not if they are under contract.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 07:45:05 PM »
Of course CBSSN isn’t part of it…so we will need to get that separately somehow.

It would be nice to just be able to pick the channels you want and not pay for all of the excess stuff you never watch.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 08:20:21 PM »

I doubt they'll pull channels, but you can bet that big events will be only shown on that new service.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 08:49:22 PM »
Of course CBSSN isn’t part of it…so we will need to get that separately somehow.

It would be nice to just be able to pick the channels you want and not pay for all of the excess stuff you never watch.

CBS, NBC and Peacock not mentioned nor is Prime. Would you be locked in for your local FOX/ABC station. I know for most folks that would not be a problem, but here in New Jersey it is. I live one mile over the county line which puts me the Philly local market. If I lived just a mile north in the next county I would be in the New York market. It would be nice to choose which local market you prefer. It gets even weirder for the regional networks. Even though I am in the Philly market for broadcast channels I am in the NY market for Hockey and Basketball MSG, but not baseball YES or SNY.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2024, 08:54:23 PM »
https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/warner-fox-espn-streaming-spots-joint-venture-1235900161/

Hope y'all ready to pay up

If the NCAA expanded the number of teams in the Basketball tournament and this joint venture got the rights that would increase the number of channels that could carry the games.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2024, 08:02:23 AM »
As is always the case, prime will be of prime importance.

YouTube TV is $73/month and includes all the sports networks the new service does except ESPN+. It also includes a few sports networks the new service doesn't, such as CBS SportsNet, NBA Network, Golf Channel, etc. As well as numerous basic cable channels - AMC, FX, and so on.

If they charge $50 for the new service, would one rather pay $23 more and get all the other stuff? How about if they charge only $40?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 08:05:55 AM »

Yep. I don't see that happening, but that's what I would like also.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2024, 08:14:37 AM »
CBS, NBC and Peacock not mentioned nor is Prime. Would you be locked in for your local FOX/ABC station. I know for most folks that would not be a problem, but here in New Jersey it is. I live one mile over the county line which puts me the Philly local market. If I lived just a mile north in the next county I would be in the New York market. It would be nice to choose which local market you prefer. It gets even weirder for the regional networks. Even though I am in the Philly market for broadcast channels I am in the NY market for Hockey and Basketball MSG, but not baseball YES or SNY.

I have the same issue. I live in Indian River County, FL, which is the extreme north end of the Palm Beach television market. Micco, in Brevard County, is about 10 miles away and is the extreme south end of the Orlando television market. Not sure there's a heck of a lot of difference (we're about the same distance to both) but the decision was made long ago by some marketing entity.

My advice would be to find an extremely good high definition antenna and see if you can get New York from your home with the antenna.

For the NFL, Orlando is Tampa Bay's primary market. Palm Beach is the Dolphins. So I splurge for the NFL Sunday package to get the Packers and, at times, the Bears, or I go to a bar.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2024, 08:27:52 AM »
I think this is good news for the next BE media rights deal - at least dollar value wise. I think we will be seeing more streaming regardless of who our main provider is, but I think Fox or ESPN will still be interested in the most impactful games from the BE.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2024, 08:32:29 AM »
I have the same issue. I live in Indian River County, FL, which is the extreme north end of the Palm Beach television market. Micco, in Brevard County, is about 10 miles away and is the extreme south end of the Orlando television market. Not sure there's a heck of a lot of difference (we're about the same distance to both) but the decision was made long ago by some marketing entity.

My advice would be to find an extremely good high definition antenna and see if you can get New York from your home with the antenna.

For the NFL, Orlando is Tampa Bay's primary market. Palm Beach is the Dolphins. So I splurge for the NFL Sunday package to get the Packers and, at times, the Bears, or I go to a bar.

My Chicago area BIL would easily understand why you watch the Bears in a bar.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2024, 10:33:40 AM »
My Chicago area BIL would easily understand why you watch the Bears in a bar.

Residences generally can't hold enough liquor! I was a Bears season ticket holder for 28 years.

Lots of bad football sandwiched around molecules of good play.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2024, 10:53:41 AM »
Time is a flat circle. Will be fascinated to see the price tag

The talking heads on CNBC had it at $45/month.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2024, 11:16:16 AM »
Residences generally can't hold enough liquor! I was a Bears season ticket holder for 28 years.

I've been working hard trying to turn him into a Marquette fan. I told him we actually win sometimes.  ;D

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2024, 11:26:21 AM »

The way the New York teams, especially football, are playing right not it is not worth the effort.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2024, 07:43:20 PM »

Brutal.

You couldn’t pay me to go to a bears game in the last 5 years

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2024, 08:44:50 AM »
As is always the case, prime will be of prime importance.

YouTube TV is $73/month and includes all the sports networks the new service does except ESPN+. It also includes a few sports networks the new service doesn't, such as CBS SportsNet, NBA Network, Golf Channel, etc. As well as numerous basic cable channels - AMC, FX, and so on.

If they charge $50 for the new service, would one rather pay $23 more and get all the other stuff? How about if they charge only $40?

I think this new sports app will start at $35. I have You Tube TV and love it now with multiview.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

feedback