[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chicago Murders +  (Read 4698 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Chicago Murders +
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2024, 07:35:01 PM »
Lenny

Once again, thanks for the laugh.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2024, 07:57:07 PM »
sorry

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2024, 08:00:04 PM »
1.Yep

2.Yep

The guy who thinks Pakuni (or anyone) would consider it a compliment to be morphing into him thinks I have trouble reading the room. It’s taken thousands of posts but you’ve finally said something funny. Unfortunately it was funny as in strange.

That’s exactly what I mean by failure to read a room. It was a joke. It was always a joke.

You’re embarrassing yourself again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2024, 10:49:59 PM »

That’s exactly what I mean by failure to read a room. It was a joke. It was always a joke.

You’re embarrassing yourself again.

BS. Being full of yourself is everywhere one looks on Scoop - in nearly every thread. It’s who you are, it’s in your DNA. Funny (other than odd) is not.

And as for embarrassing oneself, nobody does it better than you.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2024, 12:22:20 AM »
  you had a really nice retort going until you couldn't help yourself at the end.  if you think you're going to continue to use the old tired shaved head bullchit, go fornicate yourself

I’m sorry I alluded to something unfathomably stupid you did in my retort.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2024, 12:25:57 AM »
Interesting that the real estate market is insane when "they" say that "everyone" is leaving Portland in droves!

Seriously, Goose, thanks for that report, and Plaque, too. I haven't been to Portland in quite some time. I enjoyed my visits there very much and have been saddened by some of the reports.

As is often the case, there is lots of exaggerating going on from those with ulterior motives, so it's nice to hear first-hand reports such as the one from your daughter and from Plaque. (Technically, the one from your daughter is second-hand, because you're relaying it. But I trust you totally.)

It's similar to the Chicago discussion. We have people here who have lived, worked and played in the city of Chicago for decades, and yet those who haven't stepped foot in the city claim to know more about Chicago than the Chicagoans do. It's actually pretty funny.

I hope your daughter remains safe and happy. Any big city has its moments of greatness and of difficulty. 40 years ago, we had a car stolen from the middle-class suburb of Minneapolis we lived in, and we loved that place.

There’s absolutely some major issues here. But it’s become a boogeyman for brain dead cable news addicts and it’s quite annoying. I had to reassure someone attending my wedding that they didn’t have to worry about “antifa”.

Come for the rain, stay for the Thai food.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2024, 04:56:15 AM »
Nm
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 05:02:10 AM by The Sultan of Semantics »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2024, 06:00:23 AM »
Huh, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2024, 10:02:44 AM »
Come for the rain, stay for the Thai food.

Not Thai - but Gado Gado was one of my favs.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2024, 01:34:49 PM »
Not Thai - but Gado Gado was one of my favs.

Ohhh Gado Gado was fire. You have good taste it appears. If you don’t mind me asking, did you ever check out Laurelhurst market? They just opened a commissary kitchen by my house and it has possibly the best pastrami I’ve ever tasted outside of New York Jewish delis
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 01:36:22 PM by Plaque Lives Matter! »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2024, 03:57:37 PM »
Just before the start of Black History Month, a Jackie Robinson statue in Wichita was sawed off at the ankles and stolen.

https://apnews.com/article/jackie-robinson-baseball-statue-stolen-beea370b17079ad30092affe6aaea3c1
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2024, 05:49:24 PM »
Just before the start of Black History Month, a Jackie Robinson statue in Wichita was sawed off at the ankles and stolen.

https://apnews.com/article/jackie-robinson-baseball-statue-stolen-beea370b17079ad30092affe6aaea3c1

Mike, wtf.  Here, in this thread?????

Goose

• All American
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2024, 05:58:20 PM »
Real

It was between this thread, the SH game thread, Shaka Presser, hotel thread or Stevie thread, I guess a solid choice.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2024, 08:00:08 PM »
Mike, wtf.  Here, in this thread?????

Yes, that article about a crime in a big city is by far the craziest thing in this thread.

It was between this thread, the SH game thread, Shaka Presser, hotel thread or Stevie thread, I guess a solid choice.

Ooo, you're a pot-stirrer, Goose.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2024, 08:04:00 PM »
Pretty sure I saw that statue on Ebay. Wuz gonna place a bid, but got a little too pricey, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2024, 08:05:50 PM »
Ohhh Gado Gado was fire. You have good taste it appears. If you don’t mind me asking, did you ever check out Laurelhurst market? They just opened a commissary kitchen by my house and it has possibly the best pastrami I’ve ever tasted outside of New York Jewish delis

I don't think I ever did get to Laurelhust market, though I know it was recommended a few times.
 Of course, most of my days in the city were COVID,  so some of my Portland experiences were limited.  Sounds like you've been there longer than I was.  Glad you're still enjoying it - I do miss my neighbors, and some of the food.  But not the taxes, lol.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2024, 08:22:20 PM »
Yes, that article about a crime in a big city is by far the craziest thing in this thread.

Ooo, you're a pot-stirrer, Goose.

The stealing of statues is high on the list of violent crime in our cities.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2024, 08:33:30 PM »
Pretty sure I saw that statue on Ebay. Wuz gonna place a bid, but got a little too pricey, hey?

Can’t get too spendy on another lawn ornament.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2024, 11:23:30 PM »
I don't think I ever did get to Laurelhust market, though I know it was recommended a few times.
 Of course, most of my days in the city were COVID,  so some of my Portland experiences were limited.  Sounds like you've been there longer than I was.  Glad you're still enjoying it - I do miss my neighbors, and some of the food.  But not the taxes, lol.

Yeah that’s a common one. Brutal taxes.

Almost as bad as antifa holding me a gun point every night because rocket said so.

Its the city that taught me how to eat seafood so what can I say

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2024, 10:38:32 AM »
Yeah that’s a common one. Brutal taxes.

Almost as bad as antifa holding me a gun point every night because rocket said so.

Its the city that taught me how to eat seafood so what can I say

Don't get me started on taxes.  9.9% state income tax (all income, even if earned in other states) + I was "fortunate" enough to be a high wage earner, which Multinomah voters decided meant I should pay an additional 1.5% for daycare preschool for all (no kids), oh and another 1% to buy the druggies new tents, I mean burn money in the fire pit for homeless.  It should be illegal to put tax measures on the ballot when only 5% will pay said tax.  I basically got a 7% raise moving back to CO.

But hey.  No tax on antifa guns, or beer or at Gado gado :) 

And Seattle has better seafood.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2024, 03:36:51 PM »
Don't get me started on taxes.  9.9% state income tax (all income, even if earned in other states) + I was "fortunate" enough to be a high wage earner, which Multinomah voters decided meant I should pay an additional 1.5% for daycare preschool for all (no kids), oh and another 1% to buy the druggies new tents, I mean burn money in the fire pit for homeless.  It should be illegal to put tax measures on the ballot when only 5% will pay said tax.  I basically got a 7% raise moving back to CO.

But hey.  No tax on antifa guns, or beer or at Gado gado :) 

And Seattle has better seafood.

Nothing beats the seafood straight out of the water from Seattle. You got that right. Have spent wayyyyy too much money there on Oysters and clams.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2024, 03:39:57 PM »
oh and another 1% to buy the druggies new tents

Pass a new law to "solve the problem" and spend all the time and money hiring consultants and arguing about whether you are going to push them all in the river or repurpose an old prison that is nowhere near anything on the peninsula. Meanwhile the money you allocated has all dried up for expensive administrative staff and someone else gets elected in the meantime.

Did I get it right?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2024, 08:56:03 AM »
Haha, I moved away before waiting to see how the money would be wasted.    Though they did send me post cards last year telling me I needed to file for 2021 (my last full year there) and I wouldn't owe any fees because they didn't know how to collect the taxes initially. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2024, 10:55:37 AM »
Haha, I moved away before waiting to see how the money would be wasted.    Though they did send me post cards last year telling me I needed to file for 2021 (my last full year there) and I wouldn't owe any fees because they didn't know how to collect the taxes initially.

I always chuckle at the State DORs and their flailing when it comes to certain tax situations.  The last 4 years I lived in Chicago, I was working for my company in Wisconsin.  Now WI obviously has a reciprocity agreement, so I never filed in Wisconsin, outside of a few unique K1-type situations that had a separate return.  The year I moved, I filed both as I spent partial time living in each.  Well Wisconsin naturally messed up my return, so I spent a few months going back and forth getting them paperwork, etc...  About a month after that wrapped up, surprise, I get a bill from the Wisconsin DOR demanding back taxes for the previous 4 years, with all sorts of great penalties and fines.  I immediately sent my full Illinois returns and documentation, and they still tried to go back and forth half-heartedly for 1-2 rounds of communication/documentation before obviously clearing it.  I'm sure they hoped I would panic and just pay

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2024, 02:36:40 PM »

Coincidence, correlation but no causation. Stolen to sell the bronze. One man arrested, more arrests to follow. Turns out had nothing to do with it.

feedback