collapse

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chicago Murders +  (Read 4440 times)

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
Re: Chicago Murders +
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2024, 08:18:35 PM »
Cough Portland Cough

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2024, 08:25:12 PM »
I heard about how horrible San Francisco had become.  Then I talked to people that lived there and took a work trip. 

Within an hour I was texting my wife saying that it had been too long since we had been there.  While I’m sure there are areas still shocked by the pandemic and people on the margin struggling — the areas I visited were similar and what I fondly remembered. 

The world exists offline

Government took back Market Street and Moscone for APEC. They are taking back BART now with fare evading gates. The Chinatown Central Subway is open.

Market Street is in a depression for a lot of reasons but with conferences and tourists returning it's on a slow rebound. There is talk of moving UCSF there with all the office vacancies to fill a void. Other neighborhoods are en fuego like Marina and North Beach mainly because wfh. The Presidio Tunnel Tops have been a huge success, connecting neighborhoods over 101. Many old time restaurants have shuttered but they are getting replaced, maybe for the better.

https://sfstandard.com/2023/12/05/san-francisco-market-street-pandemic-big-plans-collapsed/

Oakland which had momentum pre-COVID is an absolute Shytshow. Mostly self-inflicted.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 09:13:29 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2024, 08:26:17 PM »
Reread what I said. Look for the word “OR”.

NBC and the conservative press have one thing in common: They love crime stories. Period.

Crime sells. But there is a downside to crime news — it badly influences people and is reported out of proportion to the problem.

Reread my “my mistake” reply.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2024, 10:19:39 PM »
Holy sh*t! Someone on Scoop is dumb (and egotistical) enough to think that anyone morphing into Sultan is a compliment!!!

Cranky? Check!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2024, 09:08:57 AM »
Cough Portland Cough

I lived in Portland during the scary "downtown is burning" years of 2020-2022.  Portland is fine.  I was only murdered every time I took the trash to the curb.   Most "downtowns" became dead during covid, and Portland is no different.  The rest of the city still had a vibrant scene.   

There is a drug and homeless "problem" they'll probably never solve, but that's similar to the rest of the west coast.

Sold the house there for a nice 18% profit after 2 years, and didn't regret my time there.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2024, 10:10:43 AM »

Cranky? Check!

lol

Remind us again about how badly Pakuni wants to be you.

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2024, 10:24:26 AM »
lol

Remind us again about how badly Pakuni wants to be you.

1. I never said that.

2. Lighten up.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2024, 10:57:47 AM »
1. I never said that.

2. Lighten up.

1.Yes you did.

2. Lighten up yourself. You sound cranky.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 10:59:49 AM by Lennys Tap »

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2024, 11:43:19 AM »
1.Yes you did.

2. Lighten up yourself. You sound cranky.

1. Nope

2. Nope

Ever find yourself in situations where you are not able to read the room and understand what going on? You’re in one of those situations now.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2024, 01:17:36 PM »
I lived in Portland during the scary "downtown is burning" years of 2020-2022.  Portland is fine.  I was only murdered every time I took the trash to the curb.   Most "downtowns" became dead during covid, and Portland is no different.  The rest of the city still had a vibrant scene.   

There is a drug and homeless "problem" they'll probably never solve, but that's similar to the rest of the west coast.

Sold the house there for a nice 18% profit after 2 years, and didn't regret my time there.

kinda like all these people too, eyn'a?  they musta been a bunch of 'fraidy-cats all worked up over nothing or they all jumped on the 18% increase in their investments.  they didn't realize the shangri-la they were leaving was all a figment of the "medias" imagination just trying to get clicks

more than 157,000 moved out in 2022

https://oregoneconomicanalysis.com/2023/12/07/where-did-people-leaving-portland-go/#:~:text=In%202022%2C%2077%2C400%20Oregonians%20who,Clark%20County%20specifically%20(18%25).
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2024, 01:50:23 PM »

kinda like all these people too, eyn'a?  they musta been a bunch of 'fraidy-cats all worked up over nothing or they all jumped on the 18% increase in their investments.  they didn't realize the shangri-la they were leaving was all a figment of the "medias" imagination just trying to get clicks

https://oregoneconomicanalysis.com/2023/12/07/where-did-people-leaving-portland-go/#:~:text=In%202022%2C%2077%2C400%20Oregonians%20who,Clark%20County%20specifically%20(18%25).

Hope they didn’t move to Arizona.  They’ll have to move again in a few years due to climate change
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2024, 02:18:14 PM »

Many People were priced out of Portland. That charts directly with what Rocky said about selling his house at an 18% profit within two years. The same has happened up and down the west coast, as well as other major cities that struggle with staffing up hourly service jobs.

The population loss really peaked during Covid as many opted for more space, but occupancy rates have actually risen in the city which suggests there’s fewer people per abode, people leaving larger family living situations and living in smaller groups. This also can be related to higher living prices as the people paying for these situations dedicate more income per capita.

Again, I have lived here for 6 years plus now including working downtown for half of that. Per what Rocky said there are some not uncommon problems with drugs and homeless. But the city has been absolutely booming in terms of restaurants and bars. I can’t find parking anywhere in evenings anymore and every place seems to be packed Thursday-Sunday. It’s good to see despite the inconvenience. A lot of young chefs come here to embrace the ease of starting food concepts in food cart pods and it shows in the city’s remarkable food scene.

The lifestyle here isn’t for everyone and there are parts of it that make me roll my eyes as every city or area I’ve lived in has. This includes different countries and all around the US. (Don’t get me started on Montreal)

What remains consistent though is you being embarrassingly afraid and dismissive of those and places different from your narrow comfort zone.

This place is not immune to criticism, it has a lot of extremely well deserved criticism in fact. But a tired delusional narrative about where I live pushed by cable news addicts make me pretty defensive! So for that everyone I apologize.

Rocket, I can drive ten mins from my house and find places with confederate flags more up your alley if that helps getting you to stop pushing a tired outdated narrative about places that scare you! (Too many shaved heads on females)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2024, 02:58:26 PM »
Hope they didn’t move to Arizona.  They’ll have to move again in a few years due to climate change

that's fine!  most likely all the reeko types

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2024, 03:03:57 PM »
  you had a really nice retort going until you couldn't help yourself at the end.  if you think you're going to continue to use the old tired shaved head bullchit, go fornicate yourself

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2024, 03:13:29 PM »
The Portland food scene has nothing on East Troy's.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2024, 03:17:34 PM »
The Portland food scene has nothing on East Troy's.

compared to fondu lac, probably not

keep er going smith-you guys have to be the biggest losers here on scoop

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2024, 03:20:16 PM »
compared to fondu lac, probably not

keep er going smith-you guys have to be the biggest losers here on scoop
Fondy? Isn't that where the highly auspicious dental convention 4Qver bragged about was held?

East Troy and Fondy. You guys really get out.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2024, 03:56:04 PM »
Fondy? Isn't that where the highly auspicious dental convention 4Qver bragged about was held?

you should come out to east troy sometime, be happy to show you around

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2024, 04:07:36 PM »

Nah man, Fondy? Isn't that where all the real dentists are, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2024, 04:28:36 PM »
you should come out to east troy sometime, be happy to show you around

What are you going to do after those ten minutes are up?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2024, 05:06:04 PM »
What are you going to do after those ten minutes are up?

Talk your ear off about shows at Alpine Valley, based on the people I know from East Troy

Goose

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2024, 05:29:01 PM »
My daughter lives in Portland and I cannot believe the crazy real estate market. I was tempted to buy the duplex that my daughter lived in as an investment property and that idea lasted about ten minutes. Wish I could have made it work but the cost was insane, imo.

I will add, my daughter loves living in Portland and I trust her judgement 100%. She does not like the homeless and drug issues but she feels safe there. That said, she did have her SUV stolen and that has her being more cautious.

I have not visited her since she had been there and hoping to this summer. I spent a lot of time there a lifetime ago and loved it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2024, 06:38:09 PM »
Interesting that the real estate market is insane when "they" say that "everyone" is leaving Portland in droves!

Seriously, Goose, thanks for that report, and Plaque, too. I haven't been to Portland in quite some time. I enjoyed my visits there very much and have been saddened by some of the reports.

As is often the case, there is lots of exaggerating going on from those with ulterior motives, so it's nice to hear first-hand reports such as the one from your daughter and from Plaque. (Technically, the one from your daughter is second-hand, because you're relaying it. But I trust you totally.)

It's similar to the Chicago discussion. We have people here who have lived, worked and played in the city of Chicago for decades, and yet those who haven't stepped foot in the city claim to know more about Chicago than the Chicagoans do. It's actually pretty funny.

I hope your daughter remains safe and happy. Any big city has its moments of greatness and of difficulty. 40 years ago, we had a car stolen from the middle-class suburb of Minneapolis we lived in, and we loved that place.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2024, 07:09:59 PM »

I am an old, old school Republican and my daughter is not, but she has provided me real info that I trust more than the media. I trust her judgement and love she enjoys that part of the country every day. She has done countless ultra marathons, goes skiing every weekend, camping, hiking and loving life. Plus, she is getting a Masters at Portland State and works full time for the Jesuit Volunteer Corp.

For the record, I do remind her weekly that the old school Republican part of the family has made Portland a very nice place for her to live. That said, I wish Portland was closer because I am miss my baby!!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2024, 07:13:01 PM »
1. Nope

2. Nope

Ever find yourself in situations where you are not able to read the room and understand what going on? You’re in one of those situations now.

1.Yep

2.Yep

The guy who thinks Pakuni (or anyone) would consider it a compliment to be morphing into him thinks I have trouble reading the room. It’s taken thousands of posts but you’ve finally said something funny. Unfortunately it was funny as in strange.