[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Do We Have a Plan B?  (Read 3793 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Do We Have a Plan B?
« on: January 10, 2024, 10:17:15 PM »
We all know the scouting report on MU.  Pack the paint and take away Tyko and Kam's left hand.  I felt we played almost a perfect 1st half but because we were 1-11 or whatever from distance it psychologically destroyed us in the 2H.  Is there something we can tweak at this juncture in our h-c offense?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 10:21:22 PM by MuggsyB »

Boone

• All American
Re: Do We Have a Plan B?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 10:18:50 PM »
LoL!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 10:19:39 PM »
How many threads do we need on this? Contested midrange attempts aren't the answer either.

In the modern game you're gonna lose 9/10 times shooting under 20% from three.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 10:20:23 PM »
We all know the scouting report on MU.  Pack the paint and take away Tyko and Kam's left hand.  I felt we played almost a perfect 1st half but because we were 1-11 or whatever from distance it psychologically destroyed us in the 2H.  IA there something we can tweak at this juncture in our h-c offense?

NOPE, doesn't matter what play you want to draw up. When you shoot such poor percentages from three you'll never find anything inside the paint. i expect marquette to have nothing but open looks from beyond the arc in the next few games.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024, 10:21:39 PM »
Shaka has to lose the stubborness

It cant jsut be lay ups and 3s when we cant shoot

And it cant just be culture, cause clearly even this culture isnt flawless something is going on.

Make adjustments and start using the portal the moment you can.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2024, 10:22:14 PM »
How many threads do we need on this? Contested midrange attempts aren't the answer either.

As many as necessary until we figure it out.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 10:22:31 PM »
As many as necessary until we figure it out.

We don't matter.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2024, 10:23:43 PM »
Muggsy

MU stunk tonight and have multiple times over the past month and that is fact. One question, every player has a dominant hand and how come fans only think lefties get pushed to their off hand? Kolek’s problem is not having a dominant hand that teams are scouting, there is something else going on.

I said before Xmas I thought there was a chemistry issue and I blamed younger guys playing for NIL money next year and was shot down by everyone. No idea if that is an issue, but there definitely looks to be an internal issue on the team.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2024, 10:25:06 PM »
Plan B?  No.

Shaka has hamstrung the team by not getting a single player from the portal

No bench.  No shooters.  And he’s not adjusted to what MSU … and UW etc have shown everyone else

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 10:25:15 PM »
Muggsy

MU stunk tonight and have multiple times over the past month and that is fact. One question, every player has a dominant hand and how come fans only think lefties get pushed to their off hand? Kolek’s problem is not having a dominant hand that teams are scouting, there is something else going on.

I said before Xmas I thought there was a chemistry issue and I blamed younger guys playing for NIL money next year and was shot down by everyone. No idea if that is an issue, but there definitely looks to be an internal issue on the team.

Well, we are down to basically our starters so that should no longer be an issue.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2024, 10:27:06 PM »
Muggsy

Well what do you think is going on Goose?  I'm lost.  Ty. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2024, 10:31:05 PM »

What the mid range game helps you is when you are shooting poorly, like tonight, move in to see the ball go thru the hole, players get confidence.  Team has no confidence, the only problem MU does not have one jump shooter, Kam has great moves but now good would he be if had a jumper!

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2024, 10:32:44 PM »
Muggsy

This, I agree with Goose. I know I'll get called out as a conspiracy theorist, but this has '18 - '19 dumpster fire written all over it.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2024, 10:35:03 PM »
We all know the scouting report on MU.  Pack the paint and take away Tyko and Kam's left hand.  I felt we played almost a perfect 1st half but because we were 1-11 or whatever from distance it psychologically destroyed us in the 2H.  Is there something we can tweak at this juncture in our h-c offense?
Muggsy:
There is no plan B. As you saw tonight our team cannot make lay ups or wide open 3 pointers . Unfortunately our offensive scheme is build on those two concepts .

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2024, 10:36:06 PM »
I mean 1-17 from distance for Tyko and Kam?  How can you explain that or is it a "slump"?  From my vantage point they honestly weren't close to being on target and the majority were wide open.  I'm lost on this one. 

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2024, 10:38:07 PM »
It’s a team chemistry issue …

It’s evident on the Ct and I hear it’s the word around the AL

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2024, 10:38:15 PM »
Muggsy

My theory is that Kam and Kolek are kind of checked out as far as college hoops goes. They got their bag and are just kind of enjoying being in the limelight and going through the motions as a result. Shaka made a comment after the Hall loss something to the effect that he wants players that want to win as much as Oso. I do think they’ll up their play near the end of the season. Hopefully it’s not too late.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2024, 10:40:41 PM »
My theory is that Kam and Kolek are kind of checked out as far as college hoops goes. They got their bag and are just kind of enjoying being in the limelight and going through the motions as a result. Shaka made a comment after the Hall loss something to the effect that he wants players that want to win as much as Oso. I do think they’ll up their play near the end of the season. Hopefully it’s not too late.

I love Kam here at MU but where in gods name is he going to go???

If he actually is just going through the motions, it might not be here but hes gonna have to do it in college again next year too

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2024, 10:41:58 PM »
Country

Checked out? No chance. That said, there might be something that needs to be worked out or we will see more nights like tonight. IMO, the funk is not 100% basketball related.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2024, 10:43:47 PM »
start the Freshmen if Kolek isn't into it. 1/13 is not a starter's stats. Maybe he will find his mojo if he comes off the bench

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2024, 10:44:07 PM »
IMO, the funk is not 100% basketball related.

Yeah there's gotta be something else behind the scenes.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2024, 10:50:03 PM »
Country

Checked out? No chance. That said, there might be something that needs to be worked out or we will see more nights like tonight. IMO, the funk is not 100% basketball related.

Absolutely hope to be wrong and I can laugh at my post in the coming weeks. “Checked out” was too strong but I think they have lost their edge as of late. I think the issue is more with them than it is younger guys.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2024, 10:50:30 PM »
Well what do you think is going on Goose?  I'm lost.  Ty.
He has no idea
Goal is National Championship

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2024, 10:51:02 PM »
Newsie

That is a fact.

But, I did know MU had a home game on MLK afternoon.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2024, 10:52:40 PM »

It has nothing to do with them being lefties. Some players are better with their off hand than others. The drop off from Kolek and Kam's dominant hand to their non-dominant hand is larger than most (partially because of how good they are going left).
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.