Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Must Listen TyKo Interviews  (Read 2823 times)

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
Re: Must Listen TyKo Interviews
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 09:03:29 AM »
Adds some more fuel to the JFB-MU beef fire…

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 09:20:07 AM »

Any pointer to where that section is? Listening through now.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 09:22:01 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 09:29:26 AM »

Toward the end.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 09:30:08 AM »
Tyler sort of indicating he's getting less interested in coming back next year.
Maigh Eo for Sam

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2023, 09:44:18 AM »

How could he not. To come in with such high expectations and then substantially exceed them is nuts. Would seem crazy to risk undercutting what he has done assuming he continues on the path he is on. Truly a remarkable rise over the past few years.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2023, 09:48:41 AM »

"What'd Jimmy do with it"

Withoutbias gonna be stiff listening to that segment.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2023, 09:55:05 AM »
How could he not. To come in with such high expectations and then substantially exceed them is nuts. Would seem crazy to risk undercutting what he has done assuming he continues on the path he is on. Truly a remarkable rise over the past few years.

Yeah true. I just had my hopes we'd see the most or second most untouchable record get broken (assists) but I doubt it's possible now
Maigh Eo for Sam

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2023, 10:01:13 AM »

I can’t listen right now. What’s he say about the beef?
Bring back FFP!!!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2023, 10:04:40 AM »
I can’t listen right now. What’s he say about the beef?

TK was talking about all the MU players that come back. Dwade in Maui etc..

Swider who is with the Heat mentioned how just that day Jamal and Jim got like MU care packages placed in their lockers

TK: "What'd Jimmy do with it"

Swider(obviously not getting it): "I dont think hes seen it yet theyve just been sitting there"

TK(paraprhasing): "Yeah cause Jimmy is actually the one guy from MU who hasnt been back. Since Shaka got here he hasnt come by once."

Swider: "Yeah I think hes just so locked into practice and working out thats all hes doing. Jamal tho I know he was a grad transfer his last year but man hes claiming you all any chance he gets with how good youre doing last couple years."

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2023, 10:49:51 AM »
Not sure what there is to get hard about.  It's well known.  This is now the second time a current player on the team has brought up Jimmy in this light.

But hey.  He just stole my girlfriend and he's really a great guy who represents the University perfectly and loves MU and MUBB.  His completely dodging the biggest academic help in the MU Athletic Department on the court during last year's Playoffs was just a big misunderstanding.  He loves us here at MU!

Guy's as big of a douche as there is in the NBA, and that's saying something.  "You don't know anything."  Fine.  Don't believe me.  But the players themselves are telling you.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2023, 11:00:39 AM »

panda

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2023, 12:31:16 PM »
Not sure what there is to get hard about.  It's well known.  This is now the second time a current player on the team has brought up Jimmy in this light.

But hey.  He just stole my girlfriend and he's really a great guy who represents the University perfectly and loves MU and MUBB.  His completely dodging the biggest academic help in the MU Athletic Department on the court during last year's Playoffs was just a big misunderstanding.  He loves us here at MU!

Guy's as big of a douche as there is in the NBA, and that's saying something.  "You don't know anything."  Fine.  Don't believe me.  But the players themselves are telling you.

He didn’t come here to play school…

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2023, 12:31:27 PM »

I think it comes down to his draft status.  If he knows he’s going to get drafted, he’ll leave.  But he also has the option to return if that improves his chances the following year.

G-league vs. big time college ball with NIL money…stay another year.  NBA?  Leave.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2023, 12:31:54 PM »

Do I suspect NBA superstardom has changed JFB? Yes. Am I assuming Buzz sold JFB some bs on his reasons for leaving MU? yes. Would I prefer JFB was a vocal ambassador of the MU brand like D-Wade? Yes. Does JFB owe it to MU to wear MU gear on TV, come back to campus, and do meet-and-greets with the current players? No.

I'm glad MU is treating this as a prodigal son situation. My guess is that JFB comes back around after he retires. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2023, 12:33:25 PM »

No.

The players are telling us what we all know. He had a falling out with MU over the last couple years and doesnt come around. Everyone knows that.

You go out of your way to tell us hes been basically the equivalent to a cannibalistic serial killer over the last 15ish years.

Massive difference on the messengers and their messages.

panda

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2023, 12:33:47 PM »
Great listen - he would be a fool to stay if he keeps up pace this year with his early season output.

He has such an incredible mentality and work ethic. Couple that with an extremely weak draft class and he has an opportunity to stick on an nba roster right away. So much of the sticking around in the nba for a guy of Tyler’s skill is showing up, being a good citizen and working hard. He has a leg up on most others in his position.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2023, 02:47:48 PM »
Nobody wants to play with Jimmy Butler in Miami.  Kolek ‘Jimmy, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2023, 03:13:34 PM »
I think it comes down to his draft status.  If he knows he’s going to get drafted, he’ll leave.  But he also has the option to return if that improves his chances the following year.

G-league vs. big time college ball with NIL money…stay another year.  NBA?  Leave.
Agreed…..he eluded to grinding away vs. being the face of college basketball.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2023, 05:01:53 PM »
Nobody wants to play with Jimmy Butler in Miami.  Kolek ‘Jimmy, aina?

Everyone connected to Jimmy is a toxic asset. That's why Joe Fulce isn't in the league.