'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Completely Outplayed  (Read 4603 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Completely Outplayed
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2023, 07:23:38 PM »
Listen to Shaka's presser.   

I will say what I have said several times already this year.    Starting is different than coming off the bench.    Facing the opponent's starting 4 from the jump is tougher.   Team's are playing him differently.  Joplin's shot hasn't gotten faster and he has far more responsibility this year.   There is no one to take his place, unless you want to start Gold, Amadou, or pull Hamilton's redshirt, as 4 guards isn't going to get it in big boy basketball and it isn't like Ross is an improvement right now.   So, Joplin is just going to have to work through it.    Or, as Shaka said, time to be a big boy.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2023, 07:25:15 PM »

I will say what I have said several times already this year.    Starting is different than coming off the bench.    Facing the opponent's starting 4 from the jump is tougher.   Team's are playing him differently.  Joplin's shot hasn't gotten faster and he has far more responsibility this year.   There is no one to take his place, unless you want to start Gold, Amadou, or pull Hamilton's redshirt, as 4 guards isn't going to get it in big boy basketball and it isn't like Ross is an improvement right now.   So, Joplin is just going to have to work through it.    Or, as Shaka said, time to be a big boy.

He didn’t tel him to transfer? 

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2023, 07:32:14 PM »
That would be out of character. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2023, 07:36:27 PM »
That would be out of character.

What’s Porter Moser doing?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2023, 07:37:53 PM »
Coaching

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2023, 07:38:15 PM »
Coaching

Wish it was in Milwaukee, aina?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2023, 07:40:17 PM »
He would by fine at UWM.

Even the Asian Carp aren't biting ln this one. 

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2023, 08:08:25 PM »
We had a bad game.    Next!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2023, 08:14:14 PM »
I'm trying to get this out of my mind.  Watching Hanna (2011).  I just saw trained assassin in the description and figured it could be therapeutic.  Cate Blanchett is a superb actress. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2023, 09:26:44 PM »
Wuz Swiftie at da game, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2023, 09:30:25 PM »
As someone said on this thread earlier-- you can't play like Carmelo Anthony. It's not that I wouldn't like to see Joplin or Ross do those astounding things. Heaven forbid, but they are both capable of making the right decision. You're at 14 feet. Shoot quickly or pass. The key is always quickness. Quickness up and down the court and a quick shot. And if you miss it comes down to team aggressiveness. And quickness. Sorry to be redundant.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2023, 11:54:37 PM »
Jolp needs to play way better.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2023, 08:52:54 AM »

regarding chase-i love the guy and see his upside, but just because many say he is one of the most improved players on the team doesn't mean that all he has to do is show up!  playing well in practice and showing some improved physical fitness does not an improved player make

same for jop and as a junior, we need better than what we've seen.  we know he can put the ball in the hole...sometimes.  instead of making 15 in a row in one game then going o'fer, how about developing a little consistency

put amadou in for christ's sake-what's the worst that could happen?  he burn out a pair of nikes?
felz Houston ate uncle boozie's hands

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2023, 09:07:39 AM »
What’s Porter Moser doing?

Undefeated

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2023, 09:10:25 AM »

SonOfWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2023, 09:31:47 AM »
This can be a character builder.  Big in state rival, MU comes and soils the mattress.  IMHO, they got a little too big for their britches and started to believe the hype.  This team is better when they’re the underdog, under the radar. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2023, 09:37:13 AM »
This can be a character builder.  Big in state rival, MU comes and soils the mattress.  IMHO, they got a little too big for their britches and started to believe the hype.  This team is better when they’re the underdog, under the radar.
In Shaka's humble opinion, too.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2023, 09:44:53 AM »
As stated by many others we need Jop.  Badly.  Tyko and Oso had atrocious games yesterday but I expect them to bounce back.  We have to get way more from our forward position or Shaka has to decide if we should start 4 guards.  We weren't winning yesterday either way but his decision making down the stretch, in addition to his 2-13, is a recipe for future disasters if he can't find his shooting touch.  7 of his 9 triple attempts were wide open.  He's a good shooter, these are shots we all know he can make.  One performance could change everything but right now he's really struggling and it has to be a high priority. Get him a lay-up on a cut early in the game. Maybe post him and he can take one dribble instead of 100.  We desperately need Jop to get back on track. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2023, 09:52:53 AM »
No question BG had his problems.  As did TyKo and our perimeter players in the 1H who made Klesmit look like Steph Curry.
Eh, one got was unconscious for one half--it happens. Bagders shot 25% for the game from deep, so that was far from the problem.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2023, 10:31:00 AM »
Eh, one got was unconscious for one half--it happens. Bagders shot 25% for the game from deep, so that was far from the problem.

I said one guy in the 1 H.  No one else on their team made a 3. 

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2023, 10:51:17 AM »

Yes it was only one half, but that’s the second time it’s happened and put them on a deep hole at halftime that was too much to climb out it.  Going forward, they need to do a better job of minimizing the damage from whoever has the hot hand.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2023, 10:54:43 AM »
Paint touches tweeted this, but this was the unacceptable sequence in the game to me that really highlighted how much we were out hustled.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2023, 10:59:40 AM »
Paint touches tweeted this, but this was the unacceptable sequence in the game to me that really highlighted how much we were out hustled.

I saw that and remember screaming at my tv during that sequence - beyond embarrassing.

feedback