[June 10, 2024, 10:45:56 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2023-24 Marquette Golden Eagles Predictions  (Read 14535 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: 2023-24 Marquette Golden Eagles Predictions
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2023, 07:28:16 AM »
Copy and Paste with your picks

Regular Season Record:  24-7
Big East Record:  15-5
Big East Tourney Result: 1-1
March Madness Result: 2-1

Highest AP ranking pre-tourney: 4

Game by Game Results:

11-6 vs. Northern Illinois - W
11-10 vs. Rider - W
11-14 @ Illinois - W
11-20 ** OVERALL RECORD IN HAWAII** - 2-1
11-28 vs. Southern - W
12-2 @ UW-Madison - L
12-6 vs. Texas - W
12-9 vs. Notre Dame - W
12-14 vs. St. Thomas - W
12-19 @ The Dence - L
12-22 vs. Hoya Paranoia - W
12-30 vs. Creighton - W
1-6 @ Seton Hall - W
1-10 vs. Butler - W
1-15 vs. Nova - W
1-20 @ Pitino - L
1-24 @ DePaul - W
1-27 vs. Seton Hall - W
1-30 @ Nova - L
2-3 @ Gtown - W
2-10 vs. Pitino - W
2-13 @ Butler - W
2-17 @ UConn - L
2-21 vs. DePaul - W
2-25 vs. Xavier - W
2-28 vs. the Dence - W
3-2 @ Creighton - W
3-6 vs. UConn - L
3-9 @ Xavier - W
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2023, 07:44:02 AM »
Over the weekend I was thinking about the upcoming season and the program as a whole and could not be any more excited. When I was a kid, my Dad always said that MU basketball was his winter therapy and I now get it. The excitement of being a fan of a top program in the country is a great feeling. Shaka has created excitement that I have not seen or felt in a very long time, and I am going to enjoy every second of the season.

I know that there will be moments that will disappoint during the season and the lofty expectations will be hard to reach. That said, this program has not been in better position or hands in almost fifty years. I think this team has a chance to be special, but I still believe that there is a very good chance of even better teams down the road.

Basically, I am going to enjoy this team and hope they reach every goal that they have set out to achieve. I sure hope they win a natty this year, but if not, I think Shaka delivers a NC before his tenure at MU is over. Lastly, I really hope the students and young alums buy into the program in a big way. This might be a team they are talking about 50 years from now.

If healthy in March, I think this team has an outstanding chance of playing in April.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 07:48:00 AM by Goose »

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2023, 08:02:44 AM »
Over the weekend I was thinking about the upcoming season and the program as a whole and could not be any more excited. When I was a kid, my Dad always said that MU basketball was his winter therapy and I now get it. The excitement of being a fan of a top program in the country is a great feeling. Shaka has created excitement that I have not seen or felt in a very long time, and I am going to enjoy every second of the season.

I know that there will be moments that will disappoint during the season and the lofty expectations will be hard to reach. That said, this program has not been in better position or hands in almost fifty years. I think this team has a chance to be special, but I still believe that there is a very good chance of even better teams down the road.

Basically, I am going to enjoy this team and hope they reach every goal that they have set out to achieve. I sure hope they win a natty this year, but if not, I think Shaka delivers a NC before his tenure at MU is over. Lastly, I really hope the students and young alums buy into the program in a big way. This might be a team they are talking about 50 years from now.

If healthy in March, I think this team has an outstanding chance of playing in April.

Very well said. Feeling very much the same as we embark on a new season with (realistic) hope and excitement! Finally, the season is upon us! Enjoy, all.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2023, 08:10:21 AM »
Good takes Goose and Stillawarrior.  The key is REALISTIC optimism which you both pointed out.  No smoke and mirrors. Can’t wait to get this going. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2023, 08:11:30 AM »

Love it, and agree wholeheartedly!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2023, 08:13:17 AM »

COHO: Cult of High Outlook

Goose

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2023, 08:15:13 AM »
Shooter

As you know, I thought the program has had some smoke and mirror moments and I think this is the real deal. Like everyone on here, I have no idea how the season will play out, but I do know the foundation for long term success is in place. I heard Stevie's Mom on TV and she said she has no idea how every kid offered a scholly does not say yes on the spot. IMO, recruiting is going to get easier and easier.

Dr. B
I am in the COHO cult. Seeing that team embraced the goal of a long run in the NCAA took me to the next level. They are not hiding from the lofty expectations.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2023, 08:51:26 AM »
Jerry Palm has picked the Marquette Golden Eagles for the Final Four, so go ahead and cancel those plans for Phoenix that weekend.

#donedeal #gameoverman #kissofdeath
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

SlowJoe

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2023, 11:09:42 AM »
25-6, 16-4 Big East
Losses to Illinois, and Kansas. Then losses in road games against St. John's, Villanova, UConn, Creighton.

1st in the Big East, Elite 8.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2023, 11:23:40 AM »
Shooter

As you know, I thought the program has had some smoke and mirror moments and I think this is the real deal. Like everyone on here, I have no idea how the season will play out, but I do know the foundation for long term success is in place. I heard Stevie's Mom on TV and she said she has no idea how every kid offered a scholly does not say yes on the spot. IMO, recruiting is going to get easier and easier.

Dr. B
I am in the COHO cult. Seeing that team embraced the goal of a long run in the NCAA took me to the next level. They are not hiding from the lofty expectations.

Excited to join you in the high expectations this year, Goose! I am probably a little less bullish than you and Brew in this thread, but I'm filled with a ton of excitement about the potential of this team. It's a great group of guys playing for Shaka and I think we're gonna be positively surprised by the jumps some of the younger guys make this year (Ross, Gold, and Sean).

Just happy we're back to Marquette basketball time!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2023, 11:53:19 AM »
Jake

I am bullish because we have a mature team that has played together for a couple of years, they are very deep, and it sure seems like they think they can win it all. I really believe that they believe they can win it all. Not many teams really believe it going into a season and I think MU believes 100%.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2023, 10:49:09 PM »
I didnt count, but it looks like 50%+ had this down as a loss. Hopefully this helps many of you purge your COLEitis
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2023, 07:13:44 AM »
I didnt count, but it looks like 50%+ had this down as a loss. Hopefully this helps many of you purge your COLEitis

I counted. Eleven predicted the W. Seventeen thought it would be a L.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2023, 07:33:53 AM »

It would have been a L but the game was rigged

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2023, 07:53:39 AM »

Scoop Council of Experts

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2023, 08:49:10 AM »
ND score prediction? Over/under on point spread?  Beer bill?

85-62

$0 for me (I'll be a guest that day  :) )

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2023, 10:17:31 AM »
Really thought I had this one as a W, but I put it as an L.  COLE.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2023, 11:22:42 AM »
Really thought I had this one as a W, but I put it as an L.  COLE.

When the worst thing that happens is Marquette exceeds your expectations, that's a good day.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2023, 11:33:21 AM »
When the worst thing that happens is Marquette exceeds your expectations, that's a good day.

Yup.  I'm guessing I originally marked it as a W but then thought 27-4 was too lofty.  So the first road game, in a tough environment against a good team no less, seemed like a good spot to flip a W to an L.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2023, 06:56:05 AM »
Nobody with a perfect season.  Most (maybe all?) out on Illinois or Wisconsin.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2023, 08:56:02 AM »
Nobody with a perfect season.  Most (maybe all?) out on Illinois or Wisconsin.

Yep.  We have the record I thought we would at this point,  I just reversed the Illinois and Wisconsin results
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2023, 09:32:54 AM »
Scoop Council of Experts

Good thing they are not picking stocks.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2023, 10:16:31 AM »
Yep.  We have the record I thought we would at this point,  I just reversed the Illinois and Wisconsin results

I also have the right record but don't pick game by game.  I know I'm not going to predict every game perfectly anyway.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2023, 10:17:34 AM »
I also have the right record but don't pick game by game.  I know I'm not going to predict every game perfectly anyway.

My picks would have been correct but I listened to Herm

Goose

• All American
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2023, 10:20:04 AM »
I did not go game by game, but their record is where I thought it would be. Had them going 24-7 and thought 15-5 in BE play. If I had picked the games, I would have had Illinois and UW incorrect.

feedback