Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 Coaching Carousel  (Read 147018 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: 2024 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #550 on: February 12, 2024, 07:59:47 PM »
Who the hell is shoothoops? Why was he banned?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #551 on: February 12, 2024, 09:24:00 PM »
Who the hell is shoothoops? Why was he banned?

My guess is that the mods got tired of their and pandas inability to quit each other. Both shoothoops and panda haven't posted since January
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #552 on: February 13, 2024, 09:17:58 AM »
My guess is that the mods got tired of their and pandas inability to quit each other. Both shoothoops and panda haven't posted since January

You're an observant one!  Yeah.  They had a tiff, started reporting each other.  We told them to ignore each other, they wouldn't.  Then they both started PMing demanding we do something about the other.  I told them (again) they needed to resolve it themselves, or ignore each other - and that further PM complaints would result in a banning for both.  To nobodies surprise, they both subsequently sent me PMs insisting the problem was the other person.

I've often said, we expect you all to self moderate.  If you can't, we will.  Mods don' t have time to deal with everyone's personal issues.

IP address?

Also yes.  Same IP, both accounts created the day after banning.  Very Chicos like. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #553 on: February 13, 2024, 09:48:51 AM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #554 on: February 13, 2024, 09:52:03 AM »
You're an observant one!  Yeah.  They had a tiff, started reporting each other.  We told them to ignore each other, they wouldn't.  Then they both started PMing demanding we do something about the other.  I told them (again) they needed to resolve it themselves, or ignore each other - and that further PM complaints would result in a banning for both.  To nobodies surprise, they both subsequently sent me PMs insisting the problem was the other person.

I've often said, we expect you all to self moderate.  If you can't, we will.  Mods don' t have time to deal with everyone's personal issues.

kids these days

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #555 on: February 13, 2024, 09:58:23 AM »

Also yes.  Same IP, both accounts created the day after banning.  Very Chicos like.

That’s hilarious
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #556 on: February 13, 2024, 10:31:28 AM »

Still can't believe we pay so much in annual fees for this site and people still do this.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #557 on: February 13, 2024, 10:54:52 AM »
I always wondered what the moderators moderated… now I know.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #558 on: February 13, 2024, 10:57:59 AM »

He should have created those accounts long ago so he would have someone to talk to in the Tennis topic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #559 on: February 13, 2024, 11:00:26 AM »

Yeah, I think the basic rule is, "leave us alone, or I will get the stick".

Children should be seen and not heard.  ;D

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #560 on: February 13, 2024, 11:40:28 AM »
I think Rocky actually meant we all self medicate, which I believe many on this board already practice
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #561 on: February 13, 2024, 11:48:09 AM »
I took a stray bullet ban a couple weeks ago.  I won't dox who it was that got banned, but after the (I think) St. John's game I got a message saying I was banned with no expiration.  The next day, using my laptop instead of computer, I was back in.  Had to clear my Chrome browser of MUScoop on my phone to get it working on my phone again.

Then it happened again a week later, and I realized it was happening at the same coffee shop.

I have no idea how IP addresses work or anything, but I PMed a mod and they let me know it was a liberal IP ban for a different poster.  Not sure if that means the greatness of that poster had been to the same coffee shop in Columbia, MO or not, but if so, I hope to one day run into that person.  And maybe he or she will be out of Scoop jail if they're in that spot.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #562 on: February 13, 2024, 12:12:05 PM »

He should have created those accounts long ago so he would have someone to talk to in the Tennis topic.

The funny thing is, I saw Sandstones first post and immediately knew it was shoothoops. Then i questioned it when I read thestands first post and thought that was shoothoops. I can just never imagine having two accounts forb the same site
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #563 on: February 13, 2024, 12:14:20 PM »
The funny thing is, I saw Sandstones first post and immediately knew it was shoothoops. Then i questioned it when I read thestands first post and thought that was shoothoops. I can just never imagine having two accounts forb the same site

I’m both willie and Uncle Rico
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #564 on: February 13, 2024, 12:29:16 PM »

If someone blocks you do they not see any of your posts AND you can’t see any of theirs?

I’ve never done it.

I don’t remember any shoothoops posts and I’m wondering if it’s maybe because I was blocked, or maybe I’ve just been subconsciously blocking them out.

Can the moderators get one of those things like Uber where other users rate you and you get to see your star rating?
That would be tight.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #565 on: February 13, 2024, 12:30:59 PM »
I have no idea how IP addresses work or anything, but I PMed a mod and they let me know it was a liberal IP ban for a different poster. 

That was a bit different.  I don't generally use IP bans these days (for reasons in a moment) - but it can be a good indication of when someone is *likely* the same person because they post from the same exact IP address frequently and no other users use that IP.

In your case, it was a block of 255 IPs that got banned (by a wildcard -- "*") that happened to correlate to those owned by AT&T.  In fact, I know several other people must have seen your same message before it was fixed.  This is where IP gets fuzzy - especially with mobile phones.  You might access from 20 different IP addresses every day depending on when you access with your cell phone and where.  Based on an AT&T block - it's highly doubtful that poster was in the same location.  Could have been virtually anywhere in the US, but your coffee shop must use AT&T internet of some sort :)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #566 on: February 13, 2024, 12:31:39 PM »

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #567 on: February 13, 2024, 12:33:36 PM »
Can the moderators get one of those things like Uber where other users rate you and you get to see your star rating?
That would be tight.

We actually do have that ability, but never enable it.  Imagine all the smite I would get, lol.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Karma

If someone blocks you do they not see any of your posts AND you can’t see any of theirs?

No, if someone blocked (Ignored) you, you would still see their posts unless you also blocked them.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #568 on: February 13, 2024, 12:38:10 PM »
I’m both willie and Uncle Rico

This is a great example!  Very unlikely you are willie.  However, you use a TON of IPs, and based on that the software does correlate you with a bunch of other users (I don't think you're them either).

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #569 on: February 13, 2024, 12:39:07 PM »

I don’t remember any shoothoops posts and I’m wondering if it’s maybe because I was blocked, or maybe I’ve just been subconsciously blocking them out.

Iirc they were getting into it in the tennis thread on the Superbar. Don't think the posts got deleted if you really want to go back and look what was said, just a whole lot of personal attacks between the two with the occasional post by someone else asking to get the thread back on topic.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #570 on: February 13, 2024, 12:40:15 PM »
Iirc they were getting into it in the tennis thread on the Superbar. Don't think the posts got deleted if you really want to go back and look what was said, just a whole lot of personal attacks between the two with the occasional post by someone else asking to get the thread back on topic.

It was quite the tennis match in and of itself.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #571 on: February 13, 2024, 12:43:28 PM »
We actually do have that ability, but never enable it.  Imagine all the smite I would get, lol.

This'd be hilarious. Do you have customizable abilities? Like instead of an upvote or downvote would you be able to do a golden eagle or warrior?
Maigh Eo for Sam

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #572 on: February 13, 2024, 01:07:25 PM »
This'd be hilarious. Do you have customizable abilities? Like instead of an upvote or downvote would you be able to do a golden eagle or warrior?

COLE or Slurper
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #573 on: February 13, 2024, 01:07:51 PM »

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #574 on: February 13, 2024, 01:43:04 PM »

No, if someone blocked (Ignored) you, you would still see their posts unless you also blocked them.

This would be great.
Applaud or Smite, impressive stuff.

Be sure to activate it after a brutal loss.

feedback