[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New MU Court  (Read 11033 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: New MU Court
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2023, 07:37:59 AM »
I want the giant bleu muppet. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2023, 07:40:35 AM »
I don’t like it … the stripes on baseline are way too busy. 

But leave the MU alone…. If some people
mistake it for MICH ( U of M ) … oh well

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2023, 07:42:57 AM »
I don’t like it … the stripes on baseline are way too busy. 

It looks busy and really long but game day it will have people/cheer team covering like half of that space so my guess is will look better on game day.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2023, 08:04:17 AM »
At least there’s no advertising on it

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2023, 08:44:49 AM »
It is fine.   Unique, which is what MU should strive for.  Nothing offensive or controversial.    Just because I am not a fan of the championship blue doesn't mean it shouldn't be used.   The scheme will look good on TV with a packed arena.  And most of the time, 'Golden Eagles' will be obscured on TV due to camera angle and fans.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2023, 08:52:10 AM »
Super dig it, screams Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2023, 08:53:01 AM »
I’d like to see an Indian swinging a hatchet and wearing war paint

Reakco, now ur talkin'. 'nough of dis pussification of hour alma mater, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2023, 08:57:02 AM »

I also really like the MU logo (and prefer it when they don't include the "Marquette" banner across it as they often do. I'm a generally a fan of lettermarks that are recognizable (e.g., Purdue's P, Georgetown's G, Michigan's M, etc.).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2023, 08:58:25 AM »

I’d like to see a path on the floor to the opposing teams locker room with tears on it.  Call it the “Trail of Tears” and play God Bless America when they leave the court after victories
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2023, 09:03:05 AM »

"I miss racism"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2023, 09:14:45 AM »
Should've just originally kept Warriors as the name but moved away from any imagery and come up with an MU logo at the time.  But it was too late for that.  Ranking the 10 nicknames offered in the vote:

1) Hilltoppers - fairly unique and already in Marquette's history
2) Golden Knights
3) Wolves
4) Golden Eagles
5) Golden Avalanche
6) Blue and Gold?
7) Saints?
8) Voyagers?
9) Explorers?
10) Spirit?

Hilltoppers was the very clear choice.  Could've done a lot of good stuff with that.

As it is, if you're going to have "Golden Eagles" on the court, you should put the Golden Eagle that was on the 2003 shorts at center court.  That's about as good of a logo as you can make for Golden Eagles.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2023, 09:23:08 AM »
I also really like the MU logo (and prefer it when they don't include the "Marquette" banner across it as they often do. I'm a generally a fan of lettermarks that are recognizable (e.g., Purdue's P, Georgetown's G, Michigan's M, etc.).

IIRC they included the Marquette banner across the logo so the new logo could be identified. The long term goal was to transition to the bannerless monogram once the logo was known.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2023, 09:55:28 AM »
Should've just originally kept Warriors as the name but moved away from any imagery and come up with an MU logo at the time.  But it was too late for that.  Ranking the 10 nicknames offered in the vote:

2) Golden Knights
3) Wolves
4) Golden Eagles
5) Golden Avalanche
6) Blue and Gold?
7) Saints?
8) Voyagers?
9) Explorers?
10) Spirit?

Hilltoppers was the very clear choice.  Could've done a lot of good stuff with that.

As it is, if you're going to have "Golden Eagles" on the court, you should put the Golden Eagle that was on the 2003 shorts at center court.  That's about as good of a logo as you can make for Golden Eagles.

Golden Avalanche was better than eagles and wolves. Arguably on par with knights. It was also fairly unique and already a part of MU history. But agree that 03 logo was as good as it could get
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2023, 10:18:03 AM »
I’d like to see an Indian swinging a hatchet and wearing war paint

and the scalp of every Badger.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2023, 10:19:41 AM »
Golden Avalanche was better than eagles and wolves. Arguably on par with knights. It was also fairly unique and already a part of MU history. But agree that 03 logo was as good as it could get

Yeah 3-5 and 6-10 are all fairly interchangeable in my opinion.  To me Hilltoppers is the clear top choice and I think Golden Knights is a solid second.  Although I less like the actual nickname Golden Knights and more like what you could do with a MSU style logo (or Las Vegas Golden Knights).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2023, 10:21:23 AM »

2) Golden Knights
3) Wolves
4) Golden Eagles
5) Golden Avalanche
6) Blue and Gold?
7) Saints?
8) Voyagers?
9) Explorers?
10) Spirit?

Nah, even as someone who attended during that period I don't miss that logo at all.

Having said that, the newest iteration of the MU logo is 18 years old.  Could use a refresh. 

That's a good jumping off point.

Or something like this.

I'd alter the color palette to fit Marquette more as well.    But keep the high contrast.  I don't have a clue what to do about font though.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2023, 10:22:45 AM »
Nah, even as someone who attended during that period I don't miss that logo at all.

Having said that, the newest iteration of the MU logo is 18 years old.  Could use a refresh. 

Or something like this.

I'd alter the color palette to fit Marquette more as well.    But keep the high contrast.  I don't have a clue what to do about font though.

I like the top one.  It just feels almost like the generic logos you could use in like NCAA Football 2010 when you were creating your own school.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2023, 10:25:09 AM »
I like the top one.  It just feels almost like the generic logos you could use in like NCAA Football 2010 when you were creating your own school.

Yeah, someone with some actual graphic design talent could make it look much better.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2023, 10:41:42 AM »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2023, 10:43:42 AM »
Yeah 3-5 and 6-10 are all fairly interchangeable in my opinion.  To me Hilltoppers is the clear top choice and I think Golden Knights is a solid second.  Although I less like the actual nickname Golden Knights and more like what you could do with a MSU style logo (or Las Vegas Golden Knights).

Ah yeah I'd agree with that, definitely more potential with knights than avalanche.

Or something like this.

Those are solid. At this point I just want to get rid of the cartoonish logo. Didn't like it in 08 when I got my first shirt for touring MU and here we are 15yrs later without any change except they added the version where it's facing you on some gear.

Wild idea that'd totally get shot down, you know how the Aztecs used to dress as animals for war? What if we did a warrior with a golden eagle war helmet on? No? Canceled? I'll see myself out.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »
and the scalp of every Badger.

That’s not a bad idea.  Maybe a scalp board?  Instead of a rain dance, maybe a rally dance if the good guys fall behind?  Now we’re getting somewhere

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2023, 10:50:49 AM »
That’s not a bad idea.  Maybe a scalp board?  Instead of a rain dance, maybe a rally dance if the good guys fall behind?  Now we’re getting somewhere

Pass me the fire water, Reeko!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2023, 10:51:48 AM »
Pass me the Peace Pipe
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2023, 10:54:44 AM »
Pass me the Peace Pipe

I like where your heads are at but I’m not sure Marquette wants to promote peace

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2023, 11:10:59 AM »
I like where your heads are at but I’m not sure Marquette wants to promote peace

...especially with Badgers.