[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New MU Court  (Read 11034 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: New MU Court
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2023, 09:09:31 AM »
This year will be the 30th year of Golden Eagles.

Before that there were 40 years of Warriors.

I’m assuming there was smaller enrollment in those 40 years and more people have died from that Warrior group.

If it hasn’t happened yet, it’s close.

You’d need to be more specific on definitions. For example, technically I was on campus when we were officially the Warriors, but also spent time with the sham Golden Eagles. I IDENTIFY as a Warrior. So, that cuts well into the 30 years
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2023, 09:27:22 AM »
You’d need to be more specific on definitions. For example, technically I was on campus when we were officially the Warriors, but also spent time with the sham Golden Eagles. I IDENTIFY as a Warrior. So, that cuts well into the 30 years

While definitely fewer, there would also be people who spent time on campus as the Hilltoppers and the Warriors.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2023, 09:46:46 AM »
Go back to the Warrior swinging the tomahawk. That would bring in the booster dollars and the old folks.

Did not a booster offer 2 million to the University to keep Warriors, but the PC admins turned it down. I am sure if they offered 2 billion today the powers that be would still turn it down.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2023, 09:48:04 AM »
Did not a booster offer 2 million to the University to keep Warriors, but the PC admins turned it down. I am sure if they offered 2 billion today the powers that be would still turn it down.

An academic institution selling their soul to the highest bidder typically doesn't end well.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2023, 09:53:25 AM »

Two Trustees (Wayne Sanders and an anonymous one) offered to give $1 million each to revert back to Warriors. With all due respect to them, that's really not a lot of money in the Marquette grand scheme of things - they are about to wrap up a $750 million fundraising campaign. (And my understanding was Sanders made the gift anyway.)

Regardless it's not a great look for any school to base decisions like these on donor pressure.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2023, 09:57:50 AM »
Yeah, he did it at my grad ceremony.  Thanks Wayne!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2023, 10:22:43 AM »

Grads are identified by graduating class, so you're a Golden Eagle. From now on, it's probably best we all refer to you as Golden Eagle Jay Bee, just so everyone is clear on that.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2023, 11:11:19 AM »

Two Trustees (Wayne Sanders and an anonymous one) offered to give $1 million each to revert back to Warriors. With all due respect to them, that's really not a lot of money in the Marquette grand scheme of things - they are about to wrap up a $750 million fundraising campaign. (And my understanding was Sanders made the gift anyway.)

Regardless it's not a great look for any school to base decisions like these on donor pressure.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2023, 02:16:47 PM »

...but a good look when they would not even allow a fair election by the alumni to choose the school mascot.

• All American
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2023, 02:17:50 PM »
...but a good look when they would not even allow a fair election by the alumni to choose the school mascot.

Honestly they shouldn't have even put it up for a vote.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2023, 02:31:01 PM »

Honestly they shouldn't have even put it up for a vote.

...for even a worse look.

• All American
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2023, 02:32:18 PM »
...for even a worse look.

Not really. Alumni really don't need to make that decision.

Maybe a governing board member should know better than to make a surprise announcement at a Commencement ceremony.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2023, 11:37:13 AM »
Ben Steele with background on the new court:
Here's the story behind Marquette basketball's new court at Fiserv Forum

The biggest change from last season is the blue-and-gold piping on the baseline, a nod to the program's long history of unique uniforms.
"One of the emphases Coach had last spring was building on this idea of blending past and present," Retzlaff said. "And then also messaging that to our future.
"So when you think of messaging, we want to message our current players, our former players and the players that will be a part of this program."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2023, 12:25:58 PM »
Ben Steele with background on the new court:
Here's the story behind Marquette basketball's new court at Fiserv Forum

Hopefully a hint at new uniforms coming soon.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback