collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Backlash Coming  (Read 7791 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Backlash Coming
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2023, 07:37:12 PM »
"Harvard students are pro-baby beheading" is a flaming hot Scoop Take I never expected, and yet here we are.
Somewhere, a rocket surgeon is blushing.
Their wonderful statement is akin to saying, if the woman didnt dress so provocative,  she wouldnt have been raped.Just another form of victim blaming. Nowhere in their statement do they denounce the actions that occurred. To me, that is endorsement.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 07:41:28 PM by lawdog77 »

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2023, 07:37:30 PM »
"Harvard students are pro-baby beheading" is a flaming hot Scoop Take I never expected, and yet here we are.

The thread started with, "Bill Ackman said." Any article, thread, post, whatever that starts that way should be ignored. The guy is grifter and only fools care what he says.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2023, 07:53:54 PM »
Their wonderful statement is akin to saying, if the woman didnt dress so provocative,  she wouldnt have been raped.Just another form of victim blaming.

Too late. You specifically said Harvard students support baby beheading.  Own it. Make it your signature. Put it on a T-shirt.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2023, 08:02:00 PM »
Too late. You specifically said Harvard students support baby beheading.  Own it. Make it your signature. Put it on a T-shirt.
What do you mean too late?By victim blaming andnot denouncing the actions, they seem to be OK with the consequences. It was a BS statement, with no empathy towards the victims.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2023, 08:09:13 PM »
The thread started with, "Bill Ackman said." Any article, thread, post, whatever that starts that way should be ignored. The guy is grifter and only fools care what he says.

This is a comment on you, not Ackman
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2023, 08:14:37 PM »
What do you mean too late?By victim blaming andnot denouncing the actions, they seem to be OK with the consequences. It was a BS statement, with no empathy towards the victims.

Too late to walk back your claim - upon hich you double downed - that Harvard students support the beheading of babies.

The statement was ludicrous, tone deaf and victim blaming. But nowhere in the statement did they endorse any of Hamas" actions, much less baby beheading (news of which, we should note, surfaced more than a day aftet the letter was written)..

Your rape analogy only works if you believe that anyone who says that wants women to be raped.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2023, 08:19:22 PM »
Too late to walk back your claim - upon hich you double downed - that Harvard students support the beheading of babies.

The statement was ludicrous, tone deaf and victim blaming. But nowhere in the statement did they endorse any of Hamas" actions, much less baby beheading (news of which, we should note, surfaced more than a day aftet the letter was written)..

Your rape analogy only works if you believe that anyone who says that wants women to be raped.
Until these groups denounce Hamas' actions, I'll believe they are fine with what has happened.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2023, 08:39:32 PM »
Never thought the student body at Harvard was made up of the best and the brightest. US News rankin's are skewed, hey?

They should publish every persons names who comprise those hate groups so prospective employers could see who these people really are
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2023, 08:49:46 PM »

You are one slippery fella there pakman. So what do these groups have to do, put a disclaimer in…umm, we are for everything hamas/Palestine is for except, insert small print and dude rattling off as much as he can in 10 seconds blahbity blah blah blahbity blah blah blah including but not limited to baby beheading, baby torture, baby water boarding, but leaving them in poopy diapers for days on end is cool oh, and easy on grandma and grandpa a little bit too otherwise, we’re all in Alu Alan allah akbar skyhook shishkabob

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2023, 08:52:16 PM »
They should publish every persons names who comprise those hate groups so prospective employers could see who these people really are

YES! CANCEL THEM!

(For the record I do strongly support a private business' right to not hire someone based on their past use of free speech)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2023, 08:53:00 PM »

The president of each group, maybe.  I have some sympathy for a lot of the membership of those groups to get dragged into such a dumb statement.  I mean, what role does some random 18-year old member of the "Sikhs and Companions of Harvard Undergraduates" have here?  Imagine having signed up for the "Schlitz Lovers for Christ" or whatever at some point when you first got to Marquette, a couple weeks later some boob you've never met slaps the group's name on an idiotic statement 48 hours after an international incident, and then Bill Ackman uses you as an attention whore prop on twitter to say no one should ever hire you.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2023, 09:12:36 PM »
Last I heard about Ackman he was begging MIT to leave his wife’s name out of the things Jeffrey Epstein’s philanthropy funded.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2023, 09:13:33 PM »
YES! CANCEL THEM!

(For the record I do strongly support a private business' right to not hire someone based on their past use of free speech)

A Sixers writer made a similar sort of statement tweet response to Sixers’ twitter post offering support for the victims and said “this post sucks”.  He was promptly fired.  And a bunch of people were like “WHAT HAPPENED TO FREE SPEECH” immediately in the responses.  Felt refreshing to see it grossly misused/understood in the wild and not just here.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2023, 09:16:46 PM »

More names agreeing with Ackman to not hire and Harvard Students that signed the pro-Hamas letter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbushard/2023/10/10/billionaire-ackman-others-pledge-they-wont-hire-harvard-students-who-signed-letter-criticizing-israel/?sh=be281994cc83

Jonathan Neman, the CEO and co-founder of healthy fast casual chain Sweetgreen, responded to Ackman’s post on X, saying he “would like to know so I know never to hire these people,” to which healthcare services company EasyHealth CEO David Duel responded: “Same.”

DoveHill Capital Management CEO Jake Wurzak also supported Ackman’s plea to release the names of the students, though Ackman’s request did not receive universal support, with Meds.com CEO Stephen Sullivan writing people should “be angry at the administration and teachers” but cautioning against putting college students’ names on a list.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2023, 09:19:06 PM »
Last I heard about Ackman he was begging MIT to leave his wife’s name out of the things Jeffrey Epstein’s philanthropy funded.

Not quite, he was asking them not to reveal Epstein’s donations to her lab at MIT, after his death. And FWIW, it wasn’t Ackman trying to CYA as the donations had nothing to do with her and Ackman and had everything to do with the former director who then resigned.

His wife is also Israeli which likely contributes to his passion about this situation 

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2023, 09:25:43 PM »
Not quite, he was asking them not to reveal Epstein’s donations to her lab at MIT, after his death. And FWIW, it wasn’t Ackman trying to CYA as the donations had nothing to do with her and Ackman and had everything to do with the former director who then resigned.

His wife is also Israeli which likely contributes to his passion about this situation

https://www.axios.com/2019/09/14/joi-jeffrey-epstein-ties-mit-media-lab-professor

I mean they were donated to her lab and she produced a gift for it, so what you said isn’t really accurate according to the news story above. But it doesn’t really matter in regards to this topic aside from the original passing remark.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2023, 09:42:33 PM »
I remember the good old days in 1776 when we were the terrorists.

Right. Decapitating babies was the George Washington way.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2023, 09:44:41 PM »
More names agreeing with Ackman to not hire and Harvard Students that signed the pro-Hamas letter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianbushard/2023/10/10/billionaire-ackman-others-pledge-they-wont-hire-harvard-students-who-signed-letter-criticizing-israel/?sh=be281994cc83

Jonathan Neman, the CEO and co-founder of healthy fast casual chain Sweetgreen, responded to Ackman’s post on X, saying he “would like to know so I know never to hire these people,” to which healthcare services company EasyHealth CEO David Duel responded: “Same.”

DoveHill Capital Management CEO Jake Wurzak also supported Ackman’s plea to release the names of the students, though Ackman’s request did not receive universal support, with Meds.com CEO Stephen Sullivan writing people should “be angry at the administration and teachers” but cautioning against putting college students’ names on a list.

Lots of opportunism going around.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2023, 09:49:53 PM »
It actually is. these groups are giving Hamas a free pass. That is saying it is OK to behead babies if you dont like your opressor.

“Lots of good people” supporting the barbarism. Where have I heard that excuse made before?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2023, 10:00:32 PM »
YES! CANCEL THEM!

Never said anything about free speech or disallowing it tamu, if these people believe so strongly in their cause, OWN IT  that’s all.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2023, 11:33:49 PM »
“Lots of good people” supporting the barbarism. Where have I heard that excuse made before?

From those who just want to give Ukraine to Putin?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2023, 12:12:12 AM »

Never said anything about free speech or disallowing it tamu, if these people believe so strongly in their cause, OWN IT  that’s all.

I didn't say anything about free speech (other than the stupid statement being free speech) or disallowing it either. I agreed with your demand that they be cancelled.

CANCEL THEM! CANCEL THEM TO DEATH!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2023, 06:36:47 AM »
It seems the threat of no hedge fund job after graduation is working.

Many are offering the excuse that they did not read it before agreeing to it.

Employers will now be lining up to hire them.

———-

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2023/10/11/student-groups-withdraw-israel-statement/

Amid continued national backlash, multiple Harvard student groups have withdrawn their signatures from a controversial statement calling Israel “entirely responsible” for the ongoing violence, and group members have faced doxxing attacks.

As of Tuesday night, at least five of the original 34 signatories — including Amnesty International at Harvard, Harvard College Act on a Dream, the Harvard Undergraduate Nepali Student Association, the Harvard Islamic Society, and Harvard Undergraduate Ghungroo — had withdrawn their endorsements, though the full list of endorsing groups was taken off the public statement earlier Tuesday.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2023, 06:38:07 AM »
It seems the threat of no hedge fund job after graduation is working.

Many are offering the excuse that they did not read it before agreeing to it.

Employers will now be lining up to hire them.

———-

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2023/10/11/student-groups-withdraw-israel-statement/

Amid continued national backlash, multiple Harvard student groups have withdrawn their signatures from a controversial statement calling Israel “entirely responsible” for the ongoing violence, and group members have faced doxxing attacks.

As of Tuesday night, at least five of the original 34 signatories — including Amnesty International at Harvard, Harvard College Act on a Dream, the Harvard Undergraduate Nepali Student Association, the Harvard Islamic Society, and Harvard Undergraduate Ghungroo — had withdrawn their endorsements, though the full list of endorsing groups was taken off the public statement earlier Tuesday.

It was better when it said higher them
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2023, 07:00:16 AM »
I’m looking forward to the outrage here when a pro choice executive decides they don’t want to hire students from Marquette’s pro-life group.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow