'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Homer and Tony Show No More  (Read 23985 times)

Viper

• All American
Re: Homer and Tony Show No More
« Reply #175 on: September 04, 2023, 04:52:23 PM »
I was hanging out with him at a bar in Tosa once. After a few Miller Lites he confessed to me that he indeed is not racist.

Good enough for me.
what?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2023, 04:56:34 PM »
what?

Exactly.

I also have a friend that works at Racists-R-Us and says he's never seen Homer shop there. I can PM you that name and contact info if you need confirmation.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2023, 04:58:31 PM »
Everyone on this board and every one you probably know has made a racist comment in their lives, does that make you a racist no.  Let it go, Homer has done a lot of MU, let it go

panda

• All American
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2023, 05:08:29 PM »
Imagine being so naive that you think Homer is going to tell some stranger in a bar the truth.

I’ve also corroborated his story with my friend at espn radio who has nothing to gain by confirming his story. Offer stands for you to reach out to him….

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2023, 05:09:18 PM »
Homer is like an old pair of shoes or a well-broken in pair of jeans. He isn't the best out there but he's a comfortable fit for most of the alumni as well as people who follow us on radio. He's our guy, for better or worse.

I am concerned if it is true Coach Shaka is distancing himself from Homer. If that's the case, there are problems that need to be addressed.

Regardless, at some point, Homer will retire. Not sure whether it will be of his own volition or because the university decides he needs to be retired. Regardless, my biggest concern is who comes in behind Homer. With our luck, it will be some 20-something who is "hip" and appealing to a younger crowd but knows about as much about basketball as I do about particle physics.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2023, 05:16:08 PM »
I’ve also corroborated his story with my friend at espn radio who has nothing to gain by confirming his story. Offer stands for you to reach out to him….

He has zero interest in actually learning something, especially if it might conflict with his prejudged opinion. Let it, and him, go. Chico gotta be Chico.

• All American
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2023, 05:21:26 PM »
He has zero interest in actually learning something, especially if it might conflict with his prejudged opinion. Let it, and him, go. Chico gotta be Chico.

I have zero interest in hearing his friend parrot a company line.

Ironically the fact that you are parroting the Chicos line is hilarious. I should charge you a licensing fee.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2023, 05:21:41 PM »
Dgies

If anyone on this board believes that espn Milwaukee switched up the entire afternoon broadcast teams because MU/Shaka wants to distance themselves from Homer, they are just trying to be difficult. Marquette Basketball hardly is the driving force behind 94.5 and the lineup change had nothing to do with MU.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2023, 05:22:54 PM »
Everyone on this board and every one you probably know has made a racist comment in their lives, does that make you a racist no.  Let it go, Homer has done a lot of MU, let it go
Not online/radio while "on the job."  There's a difference there...

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2023, 05:24:08 PM »
Brew & sultan are pissed Homer doesn’t state every player’s pronouns when they enter the game
How we feeling about Wade's daughter?

panda

• All American
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2023, 05:26:07 PM »

Ironically the fact that you are parroting the Chicos line is hilarious. I should charge you a licensing fee.

*afraid of the truth

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2023, 05:31:42 PM »
Homer is a good man.

My experience over the years, from Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder to the present time, is that if any broadcaster, writer, manager or coach, says anything even remotely offensive into an open mic, or publishes such, they are GONE by lunch the next day.

The fact that Marquette University and ESPN Milwaukee are standing with the man is really all that I need to know about this "alleged" incident.

And don't give me this crap about how they're demoting him or phasing him out. Homer's going to be 69 in 2 months. Are you shocked he might be working less??
If anyone important took this chit seriously, he'd have been long gone by now.

• All American
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2023, 05:35:50 PM »
*afraid of the truth

I know. Maybe someday you won’t be so easily manipulated.

panda

• All American
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2023, 05:41:14 PM »
I know. Maybe someday you won’t be so easily manipulated.

Says the guy trusting a blog lol

• All American
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2023, 05:44:06 PM »
Says the guy whose sources are...Homer, who you talked to as a stranger in a bar, and a "friend" who works at the company who employs Homer.

The fact that you can't see why this is problematic says a lot about you frankly.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2023, 05:51:29 PM »
Get a room

panda

• All American
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2023, 05:58:11 PM »
Says the guy whose sources are...Homer, who you talked to as a stranger in a bar, and a "friend" who works at the company who employs Homer.

The fact that you can't see why this is problematic says a lot about you frankly.

No I do not think asking a public figure how much longer he’ll work with Marquette basketball is strange. Asking someone else who would know who then told me the same thing makes me even more confident.

Journalism 101.

You’re just too afraid to be proven wrong when I’m offering you every opportunity to confirm my truth.

Because of that, you’re a bonafide clown that deserves zero respect from anyone on here.

panda

• All American
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2023, 06:03:12 PM »

You’re so confident in yourself and I’m offering you the opportunity to make a fool of me. Take me up on the offer!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2023, 06:05:21 PM »

Lol - OK, Cheeks.

• All American
« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2023, 06:13:50 PM »
Because of that, you’re a bonafide clown that deserves zero respect from anyone on here.

Dammit.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2023, 06:15:34 PM »

says the guy...pretty dug in, eyn'a sully?  you are one stiff mofo
felz Houston ate uncle boozie's hands

• All American
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2023, 06:18:01 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2023, 06:18:46 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2023, 06:23:56 PM »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2023, 08:16:16 PM »
I think Homer was at Wade’s HOF induction and highly doubt Wade invited racists to the event. But, there appears to be a number of folks on here that know better.
\
Wade specifically invited him and insisted Homer attend.

Lots of people telling on themselves in this chat.

Tell me you know nothing about the inner workings of MU basketball without telling me you know nothing about the inner workings.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

feedback