'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2024 NCAA Tournament Bracketology  (Read 82798 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Re: 2024 NCAA Tournament Bracketology
« Reply #550 on: March 12, 2024, 08:36:35 PM »
If you look at cracked sidewalks projected 6/7/10/11 seeds most of them are closer to Omaha than Indy. Granted, many are still very far away- coming from the west coast etc- but still closer to Omaha than Indy.

As I said it’s mainly Mich st and Sconnie that are the concerns in Indy with Kentucky and Illinois falling into seed lines that won’t see Marquette in the first 2 rds.

Sconnie would be a wash because that could be an issue in Omaha too. MSU is really the main disaster scenario in Indy.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #551 on: March 12, 2024, 08:44:24 PM »
We have the advantage over Iowa State. They had an absolute trash non-conference schedule.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #552 on: March 12, 2024, 08:53:24 PM »
I don’t want Mich St in the tournament..

No thanks

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #553 on: March 12, 2024, 09:51:05 PM »

No thanks
Not afraid, COLE
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #554 on: March 13, 2024, 06:33:18 AM »

No thanks

Chances are, a bunch of their players will get arrested before the tournament anyway
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #555 on: March 13, 2024, 07:49:08 AM »

No thanks

Anybody, anywhere.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #556 on: March 13, 2024, 08:06:41 AM »
Sultan,

Agree 100%

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #557 on: March 13, 2024, 08:08:22 AM »
Move the game to Breslin as far as I'm concerned.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #558 on: March 13, 2024, 08:18:40 AM »
There is one team that I don't think MU can beat on a neutral floor.    Look who MU has beaten.   Look how close MU came against Purdue.   So, if TKo comes back and Kam/Oso stay hot, I only fear UConn on a neutral floor.  Everybody else...MU may not win, but I am not afraid of them.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #559 on: March 13, 2024, 08:21:51 AM »
Chances are, a bunch of their players will get arrested before the tournament anyway
I'd be more concerned about the players who get out on work release before the NCAA. ;D

MU82

• All American
« Reply #560 on: March 13, 2024, 09:55:33 AM »
There is one team that I don't think MU can beat on a neutral floor.    Look who MU has beaten.   Look how close MU came against Purdue.   So, if TKo comes back and Kam/Oso stay hot, I only fear UConn on a neutral floor.  Everybody else...MU may not win, but I am not afraid of them.

Yep.

And I'm not even "afraid" of UConn. If we play them, it wouldn't be until the Final Four. And if we're playing well enough to have made the Final Four, I won't be "afraid" to play them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #561 on: March 13, 2024, 10:00:55 AM »
I'm less afraid of UConn than Houston. UConn still wants to play basketball. Houston wants to wrestle.

The Thing

• Team Captain
« Reply #562 on: March 13, 2024, 10:52:08 AM »
I'm less afraid of UConn than Houston. UConn still wants to play basketball. Houston wants to wrestle.
I agree with this. It’s the devil you know vs the devil you don’t. Houston feels like a champion pedigree team to me.

nwestpha

• Walk-On
« Reply #563 on: March 13, 2024, 11:23:18 AM »

They may want to wrestle, but if the refs are calling it tight, will they be able to?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #564 on: March 13, 2024, 02:56:34 PM »
In another thread (I think), there was a brief discussion of NCAAT officiating and Big East teams. I don't know about other BEast teams, but IMHO Marquette will benefit from tighter-called games if that's what we see in the NCAA. If Kolek gets even a third of the calls when he's clearly bumped/pushed during drives - calls he just about never got in BEast games - it will help us a lot.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #565 on: March 13, 2024, 03:06:37 PM »
In another thread (I think), there was a brief discussion of NCAAT officiating and Big East teams. I don't know about other BEast teams, but IMHO Marquette will benefit from tighter-called games if that's what we see in the NCAA. If Kolek gets even a third of the calls when he's clearly bumped/pushed during drives - calls he just about never got in BEast games - it will help us a lot.

I'm not so sure.  At this point, Marquette is very accustomed to playing physical games.  We already have a short bench of three... If a game gets called tight, I could see us in a heap of trouble because we won't be able to play defense the way we have been.  Aggressively.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #566 on: March 13, 2024, 04:28:52 PM »
A lot of games, Marquette starts off as the less physical team.  Think of some of the double digit deficits, like St. John's at home.  Then, Marquette sees how the game is being called, adjusts their physicality, and comes back to win.

I don't think Marquette will have any trouble adjusting to a less physical game because that's best for our style. 

Someone like Seton Hall, however, will really struggle since they rely upon their physicality.  I think that explains why Seton Hall went 13-7 in BE but only 1-4 against high majors in non-conference play.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #567 on: March 13, 2024, 04:58:37 PM »
I'm not so sure.  At this point, Marquette is very accustomed to playing physical games.  We already have a short bench of three... If a game gets called tight, I could see us in a heap of trouble because we won't be able to play defense the way we have been.  Aggressively.

As a Marquette fan who would prefer a run to the national title, I like my take better than yours!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #568 on: March 13, 2024, 05:12:34 PM »

I'm not afraid of UConn. We can definitely beat them, and having prepped for them twice, our team and staff won't be afraid.

Houston is the only team I fear. I think they're the scariest team in the country.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #569 on: March 13, 2024, 05:18:33 PM »
Non Big East officiating as an advantage? It depends.

Refs that call it tight when drivers get hacked or bodied on layups and dunks? Huge advantage

Refs that like to call ticky tack calls 35 feet from the basket? Huge disadvantage
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #570 on: March 13, 2024, 05:24:02 PM »
I'm not afraid of UConn. We can definitely beat them, and having prepped for them twice, our team and staff won't be afraid.

Houston is the only team I fear. I think they're the scariest team in the country.

I know what you mean about Houston - they are physically imposing - but I also think there's a decent chance that they get knocked out in the 16 or 8 rounds due to poor shooting by them and very good shooting by their opponent. It happened last year in a double-digit loss to Miami, and it could happen again.

(He said, hopefully.)

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #571 on: March 14, 2024, 10:56:44 AM »
I know what you mean about Houston - they are physically imposing - but I also think there's a decent chance that they get knocked out in the 16 or 8 rounds due to poor shooting by them and very good shooting by their opponent. It happened last year in a double-digit loss to Miami, and it could happen again.

(He said, hopefully.)

If they run into a team with multiple NBA level shot makers, I agree. But I think their offense is better than last year, so it'll probably take someone like Kentucky being there.

Wild card is if Colorado is a 12-seed play in that upsets a 5 & 4 before seeing Houston.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #572 on: March 14, 2024, 08:14:17 PM »
Duke and Creighton losing sure doesn’t hurt for our chances of a 2.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #573 on: March 14, 2024, 08:28:44 PM »
Right now, Marquette should be big fans of anyone playing against Iowa State, Baylor, and Kentucky. Those are the only teams that could catch us for a 2-seed. And if Kentucky did pass us, they go to Indy.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #574 on: March 14, 2024, 11:35:05 PM »
Duke and Creighton losing sure doesn’t hurt for our chances of a 2.

Prov in now? At expense of SH?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence