[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Where does OMax get picked in the NBA draft?

Lottery (1-14)
4 (1.9%)
15-20
15 (7.2%)
20-25
60 (28.7%)
1st round, but after 25
80 (38.3%)
Second round (low blk%)
43 (20.6%)
Undrafted
7 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Voting closed: June 22, 2023, 04:47:36 PM

Author Topic: Where will OMax be selected?  (Read 19956 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Where will OMax be selected?
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2023, 08:29:45 AM »
Watching the 2022 playoffs, I was struck by the pace of play and the constant switching on defense.  OMax plays fast and can guard 5 positions.

Which is why I am calling my shot again.

If, AND ONLY IF, Oso shows the range in games that he has shown in his summer hype video, he will be drafted a year from now.   
6'9, handles the ball, passes the ball, can run an offense through him a la Green at GS, has shown the ability to guard multiple positions.    If he shoots the 3 at 35%, bank it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2023, 08:36:10 AM »
Watching the 2022 playoffs, I was struck by the pace of play and the constant switching on defense.  OMax plays fast and can guard 5 positions.

If, AND ONLY IF, Oso shows the range in games that he has shown in his summer hype video, he will be drafted a year from now.   
6'9, handles the ball, passes the ball, can run an offense through him a la Green at GS, has shown the ability to guard multiple positions.    If he shoots the 3 at 35%, bank it.

Mostly agree. I think he has a chance to get drafted even if he doesn't shoot the 3 that high. O-Max never made 3s at that high a percentage.

If Oso hits the occasional 3 and gets his FT% up, many NBA types will believe they can develop his shot. IMHO, if he is to have an NBA career -- either as a drafted player or a post-draft signee -- it will be because of the other stuff he can do on the court.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2023, 09:10:36 AM »

I agree on Oso.  There is a spot for him in the NBA.  An athletic big with handles and vision who can facilitate, finish above the rim and play defense has a spot.  Shooting from distance will be a bonus.

Andre Jackson can’t shoot from distance and was just drafted by the Bucks for all the same reasons and Oso is taller. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2023, 09:12:05 AM »
Andre Jackson can’t shoot from distance and was just drafted by the Bucks for all the same reasons and Oso is taller.

Just came to say this exact thing.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2023, 09:27:54 AM »

Oso now listed at 6-11 so without shoes will be 6-9 ish and he has  bulked up. He is a winner, runs the floor very well, plays extremely  smart and there is no question he will make The Association in some manner.

The shooting improvement  will determine his draft status , drafted versus free agent with two way contract.

“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

Goose

• All American
« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2023, 09:36:09 AM »
MU might have more than one guy drafted in the NBA a year from now. It would not surprise me if Oso and Gold both were drafted next season.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #181 on: June 23, 2023, 09:49:50 AM »

You don’t need to shoot well from three. You just need to shoot well from the free throw line.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2023, 09:59:03 AM »
Drew Timme shot well from the line, poorly from 3.  UDFA.   Of course, he is seen as an undersized 5.   But Oso will be seen that way as well without the 3 pt range.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2023, 10:09:21 AM »
Pundits grading the draft have been generally positive about the OMax pick

• A+ (Dallas overall) - Sporting News
  • A (Dallas overall) - USA Today
  • A - Clutch Points
  • A- - SB Nation(I like the grade, but is it really that hard to figure out where the hyphen goes?)
  • B+ (Dallas overall) - SI (with statement that Lively was a reach and implied that it pulled the grade down)
  • B+ - Yahoo!
  • B - Bleacher Report
  • B (Dallas overall) - New York Post ("While Lively doesn’t feel like an immediate impact player – he was underwhelming for most of his freshman year at Duke – Prosper presents terrific value where he was picked as a physical defender who took a major leap on the offensive end this year." - once again, Lively seems to be pulling the grade down)
  • B - Draft Kings ("Prosper has a chance to play right away...") (I would expect a higher grade for a 24th pick that has a chance to play "right away)
  • B - CBS
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2023, 10:09:48 AM »
MU might have more than one guy drafted in the NBA a year from now. It would not surprise me if Oso and Gold both were drafted next season.

Your thoughts on Kolek as well in the 2024 draft??

I respect your opinion.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2023, 10:10:55 AM »
If Oso shoots 35% or better from three on decent volume, he’ll be a lottery pick.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2023, 10:13:09 AM »
Dribbler

I think Kolek has a chance to play in the NBA and possibly be drafted. There is plenty to like about him and I think if improves his shooting, his chances go up quite a bit. I think he has a much better chance than Kam does.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2023, 10:28:45 AM »
Your thoughts on Kolek as well in the 2024 draft??

I respect your opinion.

I'd be surprised on Gold.

Think he'll be more along the lines of the OMax 3 year plan. He'll come back for 1 year to be a starter.
VIOLENCE!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2023, 10:36:52 AM »

I think Kolek has a chance to play in the NBA and possibly be drafted. There is plenty to like about him and I think if improves his shooting, his chances go up quite a bit. I think he has a much better chance than Kam does.

Agree on all that - I’ve been saying much the same. Lesser accomplished Big East PGs than Kolek have been drafted.

I will add a caveat, though: It might be looked at as a pretty big negative if he plays poorly in the NCAAT again.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2023, 10:38:29 AM »
If Oso shoots 35% or better from three on decent volume, he’ll be a lottery pick.

35% is basically Kam Jones this last year (36%).  Now there is an element of volume and shot difficulty that I don't think Oso would touch but if Oso launches 1.5 per game at 35% he's likely BE PoY and I agree hard not to see him as lottery material.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #190 on: June 23, 2023, 10:54:13 AM »
Drew Timme shot well from the line, poorly from 3.  UDFA.   Of course, he is seen as an undersized 5.   But Oso will be seen that way as well without the 3 pt range.

Except way above the rim compared to Timme.  Much better athlete.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2023, 12:29:57 PM »
Awesome. Getting to play with Luka is pretty cool. OMax is already more mature than Kyrie.

TBH, I didn't know Kyrie was even still in the league.
It's like he kinda fell off the face of the earth.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2023, 12:46:34 PM »
Win
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2023, 01:39:12 PM »

That'll happen.  If only the earth wasn't flat. 

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2023, 02:03:54 PM »
Tweet I saw

OMax nugget:

You want defense?

Opponents shot 26% on jump shots when he contested....#1 amongst Top 100 prospects with more than 50 contested jumpers.

Opponents shot 24% on all possessions with OMax as nearest defender.

Yes, please."

Pretty crazy numbers.
VIOLENCE!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2023, 02:09:48 PM »
And that’s why the block % was really not that big of a deal. Guarding without blocking isn’t bad at all.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #196 on: June 23, 2023, 02:35:55 PM »
And that’s why the block % was really not that big of a deal. Guarding without blocking isn’t bad at all.

It's almost as if a contested miss is better than a blocked shot.

oh wait..... it is.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2023, 03:51:59 PM »
It's almost as if a contested miss is better than a blocked shot.

oh wait..... it is.

A contested shot isn’t better than a blocked shot though. Blocked shots are made 0% of the time.
The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #198 on: June 23, 2023, 03:58:26 PM »
A contested shot isn’t better than a blocked shot though. Blocked shots are made 0% of the time.

True but .... I said contested miss.

A missed shot is also made 0% of the time. And it is more frequently rebounded by the defense than a blocked shot is rebounded by the defense.

Blocked shots have increased offensive rebound rates because they return straight back to the shooter or they go out of bounds.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 04:09:50 PM by jfp61 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #199 on: June 23, 2023, 04:28:18 PM »
Perhaps Trayce Jackson - Davis is a better comp for Oso.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 04:33:22 PM by tower912 »

feedback