collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread  (Read 24476 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread
« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2024, 07:30:41 AM »
Looks like Aaron and Jimmy Kimmel are getting into it due to Rodgers accusing him of being on Epstein's plane/island.

Kimmel to Rodgers:

"Dear (a------): for the record, I’ve not met, flown with, visited, or had any contact whatsoever with Epstein, nor will you find my name on any 'list' other than the clearly-phony nonsense that soft-brained wackos like yourself can’t seem to distinguish from reality. Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2024, 07:44:28 AM »
Kimmel to Rodgers:

"Dear (a------): for the record, I’ve not met, flown with, visited, or had any contact whatsoever with Epstein, nor will you find my name on any 'list' other than the clearly-phony nonsense that soft-brained wackos like yourself can’t seem to distinguish from reality. Your reckless words put my family in danger. Keep it up and we will debate the facts further in court."

Rodgers is purposely provoking this fight so espn tells McAfee to cut him off or “silence him” on these topics so Aaron can play the victim card and yell “cancel culture”.

Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #352 on: January 03, 2024, 07:50:58 AM »
To be honest, he didn't really go off the deep end until the vaccination nonsense in 2021, but he played well enough that season so people just let it pass. Prior to that he was a diva-ish NFL quarterback, no different than a number of them.

But after last year, everyone was ready to move on. And unlike with Favre, there hasn't been any sort of backlash from the fanbase.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2024, 07:58:09 AM »
To be honest, he didn't really go off the deep end until the vaccination nonsense in 2021, but he played well enough that season so people just let it pass. Prior to that he was a diva-ish NFL quarterback, no different than a number of them.

But after last year, everyone was ready to move on. And unlike with Favre, there hasn't been any sort of backlash from the fanbase.

I think he mis-calculated the reaction from the fanbase with his temper tantrum prior to the ‘21 draft.  He figured he’d get the same response Favre got in ‘08 when he took over and he was wrong. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #354 on: January 03, 2024, 08:32:11 AM »
Yesterday was pretty selfish by both he and Hawk.  AJ knew what he was doing by bringing up the flight logs and he knew Aaron would take the bait.  Aaron knows Kimmel is a Disney sacred cow. Now McAfee is going to be faced with losing his show or having to cut ties with 12.

I don't understand why they need to put McAfee in that situation. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

• All American
« Reply #355 on: January 03, 2024, 08:48:17 AM »
He threw a friend of his under the bus on national television during the vaccination issue. He doesn't care about Pat McAfee.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #356 on: January 03, 2024, 11:16:17 AM »
Rodgers is purposely provoking this fight so espn tells McAfee to cut him off or “silence him” on these topics so Aaron can play the victim card and yell “cancel culture”.

You’re right and it should be fun to see what ESPN and Disney do. Not a good look when you have two of your shows attacking and threatening each other. I think Mcafee’s star may dim a bit at ESPN.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2024, 11:32:01 AM »
You’re right and it should be fun to see what ESPN and Disney do. Not a good look when you have two of your shows attacking and threatening each other. I think Mcafee’s star may dim a bit at ESPN.

I think it already has.  Also, what does AJ Hawk provide?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2024, 11:37:47 AM »

Even 'mullet guy' provides more depth than AJ.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2024, 11:39:33 AM »
Nah, ESPN sees it as any publicity, is good publicity for da network, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2024, 11:42:24 AM »
Nah, ESPN sees it as any publicity, is good publicity for da network, hey?

I guaranty you that ESPN wishes Rodgers hadn't said what he said.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2024, 11:44:38 AM »

Aaron Rodgers' phone number?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2024, 12:04:55 PM »

yup

Plus now that the whole "will he be able to come back in record time?!?!" *laugh* mystery *laugh* has played out to its conclusion, he's gotta come up with something that might goose enough eyeballs for McAfee to get an ROI on the bag they dropped on Rodgers to come do his puff piece PR appearances there.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2024, 12:19:46 PM »
yup

Plus now that the whole "will he be able to come back in record time?!?!" *laugh* mystery *laugh* has played out to its conclusion, he's gotta come up with something that might goose enough eyeballs for McAfee to get an ROI on the bag they dropped on Rodgers to come do his puff piece PR appearances there.

Anyway, just glad he’s not the Packers problem anymore.  And how lucky are his parents and brother since he doesn’t talk to them?  They got the better end of that bargain

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2024, 12:30:56 PM »
saw someone joking on twitter that ESPN must have put the fear of God into McAfee because he wore a shirt today during his apology.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #365 on: January 03, 2024, 12:32:51 PM »
saw someone joking on twitter that ESPN must have put the fear of God into McAfee because he wore a shirt today during his apology.

You forgot to put apology in quotes.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #366 on: January 03, 2024, 12:38:42 PM »

Wonder how the apology goes over with Aaron.  ;D

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #367 on: January 03, 2024, 01:31:03 PM »
You forgot to put apology in quotes.

lol yeah he more or less went with the "he doesn't really understand the things he says so don't take him seriously bro" type of defense.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #368 on: January 03, 2024, 01:32:41 PM »
There is about $2 billion out there in settlements and judgements from the last year that reminds us all that we should not bear false witness against our neighbor. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #369 on: January 03, 2024, 01:39:25 PM »
There is about $2 billion out there in settlements and judgements from the last year that reminds us all that we should not bear false witness against our neighbor.

In all honesty, the bar for a public figure to win a defamation suit is really high. I don't know that I would advise Kimmel to pull that trigger.

The other wrinkle here (not to get all Epstein-conspiracy-ish here) is that the composition of the "Epstein List" is not what internet people seem to think it is. It's not a list of suspects, or a list of accused bad actors, or a list of clients, or a list of friends, or even a list of casual associates. It's a list of more or less everyone who's name came up in any context during the course of the investigation without regard for *why* their name came up.

Victims? On the list.
Witnesses? On the list.
Potential abusers? On the list.
People's names mentioned without any connection to the proceedings (e.g. "I remember that day clearly because I was watching the Man Show with Jimmy Kimmel doing a bit as Karl Malone and then I <blah blah blah>")? You betcha, on the list.

Assuming it ever gets disclosed, and assuming the disclosure does not come with significant contextualization, it's going to be a total dumpster fire.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #370 on: January 03, 2024, 03:17:05 PM »

That just gets you unbanned on X and promotes by the owner

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #371 on: January 03, 2024, 06:33:24 PM »
In all honesty, the bar for a public figure to win a defamation suit is really high. I don't know that I would advise Kimmel to pull that trigger.

The other wrinkle here (not to get all Epstein-conspiracy-ish here) is that the composition of the "Epstein List" is not what internet people seem to think it is. It's not a list of suspects, or a list of accused bad actors, or a list of clients, or a list of friends, or even a list of casual associates. It's a list of more or less everyone who's name came up in any context during the course of the investigation without regard for *why* their name came up.

Victims? On the list.
Witnesses? On the list.
Potential abusers? On the list.
People's names mentioned without any connection to the proceedings (e.g. "I remember that day clearly because I was watching the Man Show with Jimmy Kimmel doing a bit as Karl Malone and then I <blah blah blah>")? You betcha, on the list.

Assuming it ever gets disclosed, and assuming the disclosure does not come with significant contextualization, it's going to be a total dumpster fire.

It doesn't appear we've learned anything new. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #372 on: January 03, 2024, 09:05:50 PM »
How ESPN handles McAfee will be interesting.  He's a likeable and funny guy, but he's not real bright.  And his success so far has just been his unfiltered schtick.  He's had some good guidance business wise, but not much PR/content guidance.  And its gonna come back to bite him, as we are seeing.

He's really not much for extended/mid term consideration in his decision making.  I remember a couple things he did early on, when he was still tied with Barstool, that left Portnoy/Barstool flabbergasted.  Doing stuff that was funny/for the vibes, with no consideration for how it could hurt his brand.  Blowing money at a level he didn't have on dumb stuff.  Poor decision making cause he thought people were hilarious/cool.   The way he's handled Rodgers the whole time is completely unsurprising even before this.  He clearly thinks Rodgers is soooo cool and smart and edgy that he falls all over him and for all his BS.  And Rodgers is smart and manipulative enough to know a mark.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #373 on: January 03, 2024, 11:07:19 PM »
With all due respect, almost everything I’ve read says the opposite.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2024, 09:04:54 AM »
How ESPN handles McAfee will be interesting.  He's a likeable and funny guy, but he's not real bright.  And his success so far has just been his unfiltered schtick.  He's had some good guidance business wise, but not much PR/content guidance.  And its gonna come back to bite him, as we are seeing.

He's really not much for extended/mid term consideration in his decision making.  I remember a couple things he did early on, when he was still tied with Barstool, that left Portnoy/Barstool flabbergasted.  Doing stuff that was funny/for the vibes, with no consideration for how it could hurt his brand.  Blowing money at a level he didn't have on dumb stuff.  Poor decision making cause he thought people were hilarious/cool.   The way he's handled Rodgers the whole time is completely unsurprising even before this.  He clearly thinks Rodgers is soooo cool and smart and edgy that he falls all over him and for all his BS.  And Rodgers is smart and manipulative enough to know a mark.

He's a dope, but he's ESPN's foray into trying to capture the market of Barstool fans (e.g., the worst bros imaginable, but I guess even the worst bros imaginable buy alcohol, gambling services, and weird brain pills, so that's some ads they can try to sell). The real question will be: "Is cracking that market segment worth more than the PR headache of what is necessary to do so?" If the answer to that question is "yes," then McAfee sticks around to continue his off brand Barstool act. If the answer is "no," then he doesnt.