[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread  (Read 24355 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Aaron Rodgers Post Packers Thread
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2023, 03:54:14 PM »
Meant to post in the dad joke thread?
<<waiting for Tower to say, "hope he heels quickly">>

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2023, 04:00:18 PM »
I can't see him retiring now.  At 40, he's going to have to rehab the injury whether or not he returns to football just to have a decent quality of life. 

So, I'm pretty sure he'll be back.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2023, 04:06:15 PM »
I can't see him retiring now.  At 40, he's going to have to rehab the injury whether or not he returns to football just to have a decent quality of life. 

His mobility was an issue heading into his age-39 season.  Now?  With a torn Achilles?  I have my doubts. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2023, 04:12:29 PM »
AR has always been good on a boot-leg.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2023, 04:42:54 PM »
Why is this being used as an example for the need to get rid of turf?  A 39 year old who has had a history of foot and calf injuries had all of his pressure being put into the back of his foot while a giant human was jumping on him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2023, 05:39:12 PM »
Why is this being used as an example for the need to get rid of turf?  A 39 year old who has had a history of foot and calf injuries had all of his pressure being put into the back of his foot while a giant human was jumping on him.

Cuz that’s how the NFL overreacts. One injury to Brady caused them to change the rules on QB hits.

If it was Baker Mayfield, the subject wouldn’t even be brought up.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2023, 06:33:47 PM »

And he has to leave the Jets and go play for the Vikings before he can continue his spiral into oblivion.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2023, 08:21:08 PM »
And he has to leave the Jets and go play for the Vikings before he can continue his spiral into oblivion.
I can’t wait to see what he does with welfare funds

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2023, 10:24:27 PM »
Apparently Rogers was already quite unhappy with play calling with the Jets, because they wanted him getting the ball out quick, instead of him just extending plays and hoping for something to develop. Some reports that he was just changing things he didn't like.

If all of that is true, it kind of reinforces where the issues may lie. He complained about the Packers play calling and changed things he didn't like, went to the Jets and apparently ran into the same problem. Maybe he should have followed play-plans and get the ball out quick.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2023, 03:56:16 AM »
Apparently Rogers was already quite unhappy with play calling with the Jets, because they wanted him getting the ball out quick, instead of him just extending plays and hoping for something to develop. Some reports that he was just changing things he didn't like.

If all of that is true, it kind of reinforces where the issues may lie. He complained about the Packers play calling and changed things he didn't like, went to the Jets and apparently ran into the same problem. Maybe he should have followed play-plans and get the ball out quick.

Which is surprising because Hackett was basically his handpicked guy. Although, after Hard Knocks, I’m not sure Sean Payton was wrong in his comments, just shouldn’t have said them out loud.

Someone asked Lafleur how many times Love changed the play and ran something that wasn’t called, and the answer was 0.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2023, 08:41:45 AM »
I can’t wait to see what he does with welfare funds

Good news!  He won't spend the money on his family.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2023, 09:13:59 AM »
Rodgers' first statement since the injury:

“Thank you to every person that has reached out, called, texted, DM’d, connected through a friend, etc.,” he said. “It has meant a ton to me, and I’ll try and get back to all of you soon. I’m completely heartbroken and moving through all of the emotions, but deeply touched and humbled by the support and love. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I begin the healing process today. The night is darkest before the dawn. And I shall rise yet again.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2023, 09:22:04 AM »
^ Thoughts & prayers

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2023, 09:23:58 AM »
Aaron Rodgers comparing himself to Jesus Christ? 

Yep, that's on brand.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2023, 09:27:36 AM »

Yep, that's on brand.
I thought he was comparing himself to the sun, you know the thing that everything in the solar system revolves around.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2023, 09:27:47 AM »

Yep, that's on brand.

Using a Two Face quote was pretty fitting.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2023, 10:32:57 AM »

“Thank you to every person that has reached out, called, texted, DM’d, connected through a friend, etc.,” he said. “It has meant a ton to me, and I’ll try and get back to all of you soon. I’m completely heartbroken and moving through all of the emotions, but deeply touched and humbled by the support and love. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I begin the healing process today. The night is darkest before the dawn. And I shall rise yet again.”

Just a bit grandiose, huh?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2023, 11:58:14 AM »

I thought he couldn't get phone calls because he had bad reception and everyone knows he can't receive calls.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2023, 04:52:26 PM »

Here's how it happens:  Vikings start off 0-3; Kirk Cousins is in the last year of his contract, so they trade Cousins to the Jets for Rodgers and Zach Wilson (with maybe some other players involved to balance the deal).  Wilson finishes out the Vikings season (which is already ruined by the 0-3 start) as starter, then Rodgers takes over next year.  Meanwhile, the Jets plug in Cousins to take them to the playoffs this season, a season that they are already "all-in" for.  They move forward with Cousins on a new deal after this year, or they're free to chase their next savior for the future.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2023, 04:54:22 PM »
Here's how it happens:  Vikings start off 0-3; Kirk Cousins is in the last year of his contract, so they trade Cousins to the Jets for Rodgers and Zach Wilson (with maybe some other players involved to balance the deal).  Wilson finishes out the Vikings season (which is already ruined by the 0-3 start) as starter, then Rodgers takes over next year.  Meanwhile, the Jets plug in Cousins to take them to the playoffs this season, a season that they are already "all-in" for.  They move forward with Cousins on a new deal after this year, or they're free to chase their next savior for the future.

Would be great for the Packers, Bears and Lions if this happens
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2023, 10:03:15 AM »
I hope the dolphin mating sounds help him on his journey.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2023, 03:24:31 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2023, 03:36:02 PM »
Rogers has innovative surgery and hopes to be back by Playoffs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-aaron-rodgers-aims-for-potential-playoff-return-after-innovative-surgery

Wow, I figured he’d need to do more of his own research to trust the doctors on that one.

feedback