[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Hauser and Butler on the Court at Same Time?  (Read 4623 times)

TrojanWarrior

• Scholarship Player
Hauser and Butler on the Court at Same Time?
« on: May 22, 2023, 08:56:02 AM »
Board,

Sorry, do not watch NBA, strictly a college sports watcher here, but in yesterday's game, were Butler and Hauser on the court at the same time? Anything of note? Must have been good to see 2 MU players on the court in the semi-finals of the NBA championship.

TW

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Hauser and Butler on the Court at Same Time?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 09:09:35 AM »
This is some quality trolling. Much better than some other efforts on the board. Bravo!
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 02:48:01 PM »
Fun fact about Joe Mazzula the Boston Celtics Coach :  Back in 2011 when Joe Mazzulla was a senior, his West Virginia Mountaineers faced off against the Marquette Golden Eagles in the Big East Conference tournament.

Mazzulla, a starter who played all 40 minutes during the game, lost the game. He finished the game with eight points, three rebounds, five assists, one steal, as well as six turnovers.

Marquette, led by Butler and Crowder, won the match and they were able to advance to the next round of the conference tournament. They then received an at-large bid to the NCAA men’s basketball tournament and advanced to the Sweet 16.

West Virginia, meanwhile, later lost in the third round of March Madness.

Mazzulla began coaching as an assistant at the Division II level the following year. Butler, however, was drafted in the first round by the Chicago Bulls.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 03:06:12 PM »
Marquette, led by Butler and Crowder, won the match and they were able to advance to the next round of the conference tournament.

Butler 9p, Crowder 4p in that one. Offensive-dynamo Junior Cadougan came off the bench to lead the way w/15p and 5a in 26 mins.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 05:37:29 PM »
Hauser dumped Marquette. Jimmy, divorced Marquette?
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 05:51:19 PM »
Hauser dumped Marquette. Jimmy, divorced Marquette?

Double annulment

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 06:45:46 PM »
Marquette ain’t going nowhere.  We’ll welcome em back later.  Just bring your checkbook.
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 06:46:43 PM »
Pay for some of these future semi pro studs.

TrojanWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 12:17:53 PM »
Sorry board, this was not a troll. I am a senior and do not know all the ins and outs of the players after MU. Hauser I knew, sorry to hear about Jimmy's break with MU. Saw him on Jimmy Kimmel one time and he was wearing a Marquette jersey. So, I thought he had good memories. I just did not know, but I would not troll the board, certainly.

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 12:40:58 PM »
Say three Hail Marys and an our father and we’ll let it slide this time.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2023, 02:28:39 PM »
Say three Hail Marys and an our father and we’ll let it slide this time.

And come back more, TrojanWarrior. The board could use some insights from current and recent MU students. Just learn to deal with us old folks.

Glad to have you!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2023, 02:45:48 PM »
And come back more, TrojanWarrior. The board could use some insights from current and recent MU students. Just learn to deal with us old folks.

Glad to have you!

I think he means a senior citizen?  His first post on Scoop says he graduated from MU decades ago.

Hello,

Just joined, obviously. First post. Have appreciated eavesdropping on the board's insights. (Graduated from MU decades ago, no deep knowledge of current players, prospects or happenings.)

Anyone have any insights on Jose Perez?  Saw him in a G-Webb game last year randomly, and watched video, he looked like a good presence. But, he has been riding the pine. Is his level just not there for BigEast play? Also, Ighodaro, seems raw, but capable.

Any insights would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

TW
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mug644

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2023, 03:02:29 PM »
I think he means a senior citizen?  His first post on Scoop says he graduated from MU decades ago.

Ho, ha! Well, then maybe he's older than I am, class of '88. In that case, I might say what this board needs is more old farts. Even better if he's an old fart that remembers to wipe before spouting out again.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2023, 07:14:36 PM »
Hauser and Butler were on the court at the same time for six games during Sam's Marquette years. Butler had a 4-2 record in those games.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TrojanWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2023, 07:40:40 PM »
I am older than all of you. MU 1977. Question, not a troll. What is the issue with Jimmy and MU since graduation? Not aware of the discord. I do not follow that closely any more, just the games on satellite. Did see them at the Wooden tournament and in Vegas. Not aware of finer details.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2023, 11:44:44 AM »
I am older than all of you. MU 1977. Question, not a troll. What is the issue with Jimmy and MU since graduation? Not aware of the discord. I do not follow that closely any more, just the games on satellite. Did see them at the Wooden tournament and in Vegas. Not aware of finer details.

There's no known issue. During the Bucks v Heat series, though, Jimmy practiced at MSOE's campus and after teh game in the tunnel he said "Get me the f outta here. Tyler Junior College grad."

Clip of the MSOE practice on Jimmy's youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvTH7HJujBw&t=975s

Ciip of Jimmy repping Tyler Junior College in the tunnel at the Fiserv - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvTH7HJujBw&t=1105s

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 01:55:12 PM »
There's no known issue. During the Bucks v Heat series, though, Jimmy practiced at MSOE's campus and after teh game in the tunnel he said "Get me the f outta here. Tyler Junior College grad."

Clip of the MSOE practice on Jimmy's youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvTH7HJujBw&t=975s

Ciip of Jimmy repping Tyler Junior College in the tunnel at the Fiserv - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvTH7HJujBw&t=1105s
Thank you for posting the clips. The “get me the unnatural carnal knowledge outta here” is about as innocuous as it could possibly be. He’s basically laughing.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 02:04:35 PM »
Thank you for posting the clips. The “get me the unnatural carnal knowledge outta here” is about as innocuous as it could possibly be. He’s basically laughing.

Yeah he's talking crap like he always does. BUT reading into stuff like this is classic offseason fodder for a forum. It's fun to consider what would happen if a former student-athlete swore off the University they had cared so much for over the years over some stupid crap. Kinda like the MUpoop saga and people threatening to start another forum over... heavy handed moderation here on Scoop I think?

Keep it up, folks. Entertains the crap out of me.

Except for Ziggy, I'm worried about Ziggy and hope he's okay.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 03:29:58 PM »
Yeah he's talking crap like he always does. BUT reading into stuff like this is classic offseason fodder for a forum. It's fun to consider what would happen if a former student-athlete swore off the University they had cared so much for over the years over some stupid crap. Kinda like the MUpoop saga and people threatening to start another forum over... heavy handed moderation here on Scoop I think?

Keep it up, folks. Entertains the crap out of me.

Except for Ziggy, I'm worried about Ziggy and hope he's okay.

Uh, ok.  I'm good kin.  Little creepy tho.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2023, 07:27:12 PM »
Hey I’m not here to argue with anyone. I’m not defending Jimmy, because he doesn’t need my help in this somewhat, should I say, example of character assassination. That’s probably too strong of a word. Assassination.  But I see there are videos out there. Like the Zapruder tapes.

Why did the Heat practice at the MSOE’s campus? Perhaps the Al Center wasn’t available or Coach Spoelstra felt the MSOE had advantages.  Maybe Jae Crowder was involved in some way or fashion. I don’t know, but the conspiracy is getting murkier.

My cousin Larry graduated from MSOE in the early seventies. He’s still a professor there. Biomedical Engineering. He’s brilliant. When we were kids he had his own laboratory.  It was so cool at the time to do litmus tests on what I don’t remember. But I digress.

Why did he “Get me the frick out of here”  after the Bucks/Heat game? Maybe he just wanted to leave. You know when I go to a MU game I usually drink a Bloody Mary and eat breakfast at Katie’s and then I get another Bloody Mary and get on the bus to the game. When I walk out I sometimes say to my friend, “Get me the frick out of here.”  I doesn’t offend anyone. Least of all the staff there. They see me as an annoying old coot. And that sits fine with me.

So you can go ahead and say, “Well, I’m not saying he’s a bad guy, I’m just saying he doesn’t love Marquette as much as me.”     
I guess we’re all guilty there. Give us half a chance. We're feeling better about Marquette basketball every day. Omax please stay.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2023, 09:45:38 PM »
Jimmy is focused on one goal, winning. He doesn’t need or want distractions. He’s building a chip and using it for motivation.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2023, 08:10:52 AM »
Uh, ok.  I'm good kin.  Little creepy tho.

Figured you could detect sarcasm.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2023, 09:31:33 AM »
Figured you could detect sarcasm.

I picked up on the weirdness, yaknowwhatimean?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2023, 09:42:36 AM »
I picked up on the weirdness, yaknowwhatimean?

Just hope you have someone in your life you can talk to big guy

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2023, 03:18:04 PM »
And, Jamal Cain on the Heat bench. 

feedback