collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hippo in Malawi  (Read 2027 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Hippo in Malawi
« on: May 16, 2023, 08:11:25 PM »
Whoops.  I'm not sure of all the details but it could be 35+ humans no longer here on Earth. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Hippo in Malawi
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 08:34:04 PM »
Humans are delicious.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 08:37:53 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 08:38:10 PM »
Gotta shoot the Hippo
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 08:39:16 PM »
Humans are delicious.

I'm reading conflicting  reports but apparently a Hippo was unhappy and took out a small boat.  It may only be 25.  I will just say Ziggy that's not an animal one trifles with assuming they have a double digit IQ.  Weight doesn't inhibit them from running in the 25 mph range. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 09:32:05 PM »
Hungry Hungry Hippo.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2023, 04:22:50 AM »
Hippo is better in a merlot sauce

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2023, 08:26:17 AM »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 08:56:05 AM »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 09:43:46 AM »
The Malawian government needs to do something about vessel safety or we should try to help.  This is relatively rare but was likely a mamma hippo with a young hippo being territorial.  Regardless, there are hippos and crocs all over this river and these canoe type boats apparently break down constantly.  There are drownings all the time.  Perhaps this is a wake up call to help impoverished African nations in concert with their endangered animal species.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2023, 03:00:46 PM »
The Malawian government needs to do something about vessel safety or we should try to help.  This is relatively rare but was likely a mamma hippo with a young hippo being territorial.  Regardless, there are hippos and crocs all over this river and these canoe type boats apparently break down constantly.  There are drownings all the time.  Perhaps this is a wake up call to help impoverished African nations in concert with their endangered animal species.

Smoked veal hippo. An African taste treat!

What do you think Chili? Up there with manatee?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2023, 07:05:44 PM »

I don't think Hippos or Manatees should be disparaged or ridiculed brother dgies.  In this particular situation I do feel badly for the humans that perished.  Clearly, Malawi has significant issues but I don't think we have a right to think our lives are more important than these species.  Especially as they are struggling to survive. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2023, 07:50:45 PM »
I don't think Hippos or Manatees should be disparaged or ridiculed brother dgies.  In this particular situation I do feel badly for the humans that perished.  Clearly, Malawi has significant issues but I don't think we have a right to think our lives are more important than these species.  Especially as they are struggling to survive.

Hippos are cool with their crazy bite.

Mantees are literally dead weight. Fat blobs.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2023, 08:08:09 PM »
Hippos are cool with their crazy bite.

Mantees are literally dead weight. Fat blobs.

Manatees have some stereotypes that are inaccurate.  They're not obese blobs, nor stupid.  Those in tbe Caribbean that have been kind enough to help orphaned Manatees have been amazed at how they interact with humans and their innocent and kind disposition.  They're heavy by nature but it's not their fault. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2023, 08:59:14 PM »
Manatees have some stereotypes that are inaccurate.  They're not obese blobs, nor stupid.  Those in tbe Caribbean that have been kind enough to help orphaned Manatees have been amazed at how they interact with humans and their innocent and kind disposition.  They're heavy by nature but it's not their fault.

The Manatee exhibit/rehab center at the Tampa Zoo is pretty incredible. Outside of 1 or 2 true rescues that can’t be released, the entire exhibit is 10-12 manatees on the mend in hospital tanks and reintroduction.  Pretty amazing

Significant funding from David Straz as well

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2023, 09:40:49 PM »
The Manatee exhibit/rehab center at the Tampa Zoo is pretty incredible. Outside of 1 or 2 true rescues that can’t be released, the entire exhibit is 10-12 manatees on the mend in hospital tanks and reintroduction.  Pretty amazing

There are some tremendous people tying to help in Florida and parts of the Caribbean.  Manatees have been misunderstood for quite some time.  There was this talking point that they are stupid because compared to other marine mammals their brains are much smaller in size proportionally.  However, marine biologists are learning more and it's actually nonsense.  They're incredibly social animals and learn things very quickly.  I get that brother dgies has some personal animosity towards them but similar to Walruses, their only so called "vice" is that they don't get full.  Different diets of course but I don't think fat shaming either species is fair at all.  It's their nature and often they go through terrible stretches of starvation. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2023, 05:50:19 AM »

Nah, hippo is pretty pedestrian. On the menu in McDonalds in Cape Town.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2023, 07:04:14 AM »
Nah, hippo is pretty pedestrian. On the menu in McDonalds in Cape Town.

You and brother dgies should take caution in your tone and absurd insinuations.  Hippos are extremely intelligent and very loyal to one another.  Needless to say their power and strength is undeniable and I would tread extremely lightly if you encounter one.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2023, 07:08:26 AM »
you guys are giving arby's more suggestions?
don't...don't don't don't don't

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2023, 07:13:09 AM »
You and brother dgies should take caution in your tone and absurd insinuations.  Hippos are extremely intelligent and very loyal to one another.  Needless to say their power and strength is undeniable and I would tread extremely lightly if you encounter one.

I’ll keep that in mind.  Thanks.

https://eatdelights.com/hippopotamus-taste/

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2023, 07:20:29 AM »
I’ll keep that in mind.  Thanks.

https://eatdelights.com/hippopotamus-taste/

Mickey-Mouse nonsense.  They're "slow"?  Oh, okay. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2023, 08:01:34 AM »
Maybe not….but tasty.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2023, 08:40:26 AM »

David Straz is Mr. Tampa.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2023, 06:25:17 PM »
At what point do we just stop allowing people to visit Yellowstone?  Or give them 10 years minimum for forcing the murder of a baby 🦬?  Very. very, very, upsetting. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2023, 06:38:22 PM »
First the whales revolted, now the hippos.

feedback