Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: #mubb going woke, or are MARQ editors just stupid blokes?  (Read 13507 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: #mubb going woke, or are MARQ editors just stupid blokes?
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2023, 06:51:16 PM »
Well of course not. You have steered this place to be a safe place & circle j3rk for radical liberals; many on here would rather discuss balls over ball. So, the fact that I share less about ball isn’t a big deal to ze.

😂 😂 😂

Nothing better after a long day than a circle jerk with my fellow radical libtards on Scoop.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2023, 07:27:17 PM »
😂 😂 😂

Nothing better after a long day than a circle jerk with my fellow radical libtards on Scoop.

The crystal ball might not always be accurate.  How can we lose that insight?

What a bunch of snowflakes.  Crybabies circle jerking around their perceived insults.  Boo hoo
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2023, 08:16:24 PM »
our desire to forever be free; our love of sport; free people coming together to exercise that freedom through competition. I guess that’s how I’ve always looked at it. I suppose our national anthem means something different to each person, or maybe nothing at all. But, I’ve always appreciated its playing. (btw, the Indy 500 is upcoming. Pre-race pageantry of taps-for Memorial Day, anthem, and flyover…Awesome!)

Gotta admit that the flyovers after the anthem at Lambeau are pretty darn awesome.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2023, 11:52:15 PM »
That's just because you are used to it.  My guess is that those who come here from elsewhere find it a little odd.

But it really isn't a big deal. I don't mind it, but if it went away, I wouldn't really miss it.

word is that brittney griner seems to have a new appreciation for it, but no big deal to you. 

to some, it does mean something.  oh, it would go away alright, if you were to have to do a little time in an overseas prison or the like.  then, if you were able to get out and return to this country and heard that song and those words being sung by americans,  it might sound just a little bit different even to sultan.  whether or not it would make you swallow a little hard, make your eyes watery...to most it would, but i'm only speaking from how i might feel.  to scoops "most interesting man" meh, i guess.

no surprise coming from college admin
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2023, 01:56:57 AM »
  word is that brittney griner seems to have a new appreciation for it, but no big deal to you. 

to some, it does mean something.  oh, it would go away alright, if you were to have to do a little time in an overseas prison or the like.  then, if you were able to get out and return to this country and heard that song and those words being sung by americans,  it might sound just a little bit different even to sultan.  whether or not it would make you swallow a little hard, make your eyes watery...to most it would, but i'm only speaking from how i might feel.  to scoops "most interesting man" meh, i guess.

no surprise coming from college admin

What? I was talking about its presence at sporting events. It doesn’t strike me as strange, but if we just decided to stop doing it, it wouldn’t really bother me.

Not sure what that has to do with my profession or…overseas prisons???

Anyway I think “America the Beautiful” is a better song and would be a better anthem, but that’s just an opinion. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2023, 05:25:55 AM »
What? I was talking about its presence at sporting events. It doesn’t strike me as strange, but if we just decided to stop doing it, it wouldn’t really bother me.

Not sure what that has to do with my profession or…overseas prisons???

Anyway I think “America the Beautiful” is a better song and would be a better anthem, but that’s just an opinion.
Why do I picture this as being the conversation between rocket and sultan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E9ftsaHtWw

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2023, 07:01:29 AM »

that is funny dog!  classic!  except the little kid i'm talking to would have ear buds stuffed in his ears, a game boy in his hand wearing a t-shirt with a sickle and a hammer over the words "party naked"
don't...don't don't don't don't

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2023, 07:08:01 AM »

I think more like this. https://youtu.be/z2HKbygLjJs

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2023, 08:19:18 AM »
Their countries are not as great as ours. We are (were?) the best. Now that that is going to change, maybe we should pivot. Let’s only do the national anthem when at least 25% of the competitors are not the same sex as the league they’re playing in.

#LastDays

Do you forget what country you’re in often?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Spencer Pratt

• Walk-On
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2023, 08:55:43 AM »
This. No other country plays their national anthem during domestic matches. It’s just weird.

Congrats on posting things that are blatantly not true.  I’d encourage you to watch the Edmonton Oilers home game tonight for evidence. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 08:58:56 AM by Spencer Pratt »

kclem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2023, 09:21:54 AM »
I am old enough to remember going through a time when a segment of our population felt disrespect for the American flag and national anthem because they felt we were involved in an immoral war in Vietnam. I recently viewed a couple Youtube videos that told the story behind the national anthem and explained the history and significance of it. It helped me understand how many Americans feel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7BMjS9vhVI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZe8CPGA1E

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2023, 09:35:17 AM »
Went to my son’s basketball game yesterday, no National Anthem.  unnatural carnal knowledgeing Biden.

Saw the movie AIR, no National Anthem, thanks a lot Pelosi!

Wife took me to see a play last year, no National Anthem.  I bet it was Kamala Harris.

5 O Clock Mass last night, solid homily but we didn’t get the National Anthem.  Has to be George Soros.

Next weekend is Graduation?  Will Marquette have the balls to play our National Anthem or will the woke left win again?  Sad!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2023, 09:44:49 AM »
My personal favorite was minor league baseball gane where the guy left his MAGA hat on during the anthem.  My arm hurt afterwards because my wife kept punching me because I was laughing out loud.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2023, 09:47:19 AM »
This. No other country plays their national anthem during domestic matches. It’s just weird.
Canada does. Go to a junior hockey game, and the crowd sings Oh Canada. Not sure why you think its weird. It's a way for people to show their patriotism. No one is forcing you to participate. Go to the beer stand, or restroom, or sit there and read scoop.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2023, 09:48:32 AM »
I have always loved the playing of the National Anthem at sporting events. My Dad was a WWII vet and teared up every time it was played, regardless if he was in public. To this day I share that trait with my Dad.

I can only speak for myself, but this country has been very good to my family and I will never tire of tearing up during the Anthem.

Funny thing, my Dad hated how the real Goose behaved during the Anthem at MU, but cheered his ass off for him every game. He was able to separate his feelings and still respect Brell as a player and person.

panda

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2023, 10:02:03 AM »
Went to my son’s basketball game yesterday, no National Anthem.  unnatural carnal knowledgeing Biden.

Saw the movie AIR, no National Anthem, thanks a lot Pelosi!

Wife took me to see a play last year, no National Anthem.  I bet it was Kamala Harris.

5 O Clock Mass last night, solid homily but we didn’t get the National Anthem.  Has to be George Soros.

Next weekend is Graduation?  Will Marquette have the balls to play our National Anthem or will the woke left win again?  Sad!

There it is - a lib had to make this political

kclem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2023, 10:22:41 AM »
I want to add a ps to my previous post about the time of the Vietnam war for any young scoopers that wouldn’t know. That was during the Al era when MU was almost always ranked, often in the top ten. Near the end of the national anthem, just before “and the home of the brave,” someone would yell out from near the rafters at the arena “Give ‘em hell Al.” The crowd would erupt in applause. I think there was more reverence for Al than our anthem.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2023, 10:46:56 AM »

😂 😆 😂

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2023, 11:02:48 AM »

I'm guessing you are unable to realize that the entirety of this thread is political, beginning with the very subject and first post.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2023, 11:04:38 AM »
I think sarcasm was missed.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

panda

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2023, 11:06:36 AM »
I'm guessing you are unable to realize that the entirety of this thread is political, beginning with the very subject and first post.

I’m like Rico but actually funny. Self proclamation is the best proclamation.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2023, 11:35:06 AM »
I have an uncle that lives at the VA.  He served in Vietnam and it absolutely ruined him. His life is never the same after came back. Though to this day he’s proud of his service and his country.   I count myself in the same boat.  This is an amazing country.

What I get really, really, really tired of though is teams & leagues that benefit & profit off of “support the troops” and other forms of “Patriotism”.  The NFL is certainly the worst offender.

I went to the Tampa Bay Lightning game a few weeks ago and they had four different salutes to military not a single one with a sponsor. That’s good. 

You go a Brewers game and they got Johnsonville sponsoring the military fan of the game.  I mean give me a break they’re basically cashing checks on the military’s back. My uncle gave his life for the Brewers to get a $50,000 sponsorship?  I don’t think so. 

That’s the stuff that sucks. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2023, 12:00:56 PM »
I have an uncle that lives at the VA.  He served in Vietnam and it absolutely ruined him. His life is never the same after came back. Though to this day he’s proud of his service and his country.   I count myself in the same boat.  This is an amazing country.

What I get really, really, really tired of though is teams & leagues that benefit & profit off of “support the troops” and other forms of “Patriotism”.  The NFL is certainly the worst offender.

I went to the Tampa Bay Lightning game a few weeks ago and they had four different salutes to military not a single one with a sponsor. That’s good. 

You go a Brewers game and they got Johnsonville sponsoring the military fan of the game.  I mean give me a break they’re basically cashing checks on the military’s back. My uncle gave his life for the Brewers to get a $50,000 sponsorship?  I don’t think so. 

That’s the stuff that sucks.
Agree with you wholeheartedly. There is nothing political about a national anthem--only the numbnuts that object to it. Ask the Marines who raised the flags at Iwo Jima, the boodiest battle in USMC History. We should all show deference to the Anthem. If one cant, then be silent and drink a beer with Dylan Mulvaney.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2023, 12:31:18 PM »
I have always loved the playing of the National Anthem at sporting events. My Dad was a WWII vet and teared up every time it was played, regardless if he was in public. To this day I share that trait with my Dad.

I can only speak for myself, but this country has been very good to my family and I will never tire of tearing up during the Anthem.

Funny thing, my Dad hated how the real Goose behaved during the Anthem at MU, but cheered his ass off for him every game. He was able to separate his feelings and still respect Brell as a player and person.

Amen, Goose!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2023, 12:32:35 PM »
Agree with you wholeheartedly. There is nothing political about a national anthem--only the numbnuts that object to it. Ask the Marines who raised the flags at Iwo Jima, the boodiest battle in USMC History. We should all show deference to the Anthem. If one cant, then be silent and drink a beer with Dylan Mulvaney.

You should ask the marines at Iwo Jima that raised the flags about that. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.