[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023 Ryder Cup  (Read 9679 times)

swoopem

• All American
Re: 2023 Ryder Cup
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2023, 03:17:10 PM »
Ah, well, ZJ is in the big chair.   He made his choice.   If the US breaks their 30 year losing streak on European soil and JT contributes, ZJ is a genius.   If the US loses and JT plays poorly, ZJ gets the heat.    Nothing to do but wait and see.

I would have taken Keegan.   But I am not in the big chair.

How short will a Sheffler putt have to be for his opponent to concede it?

That’s why Burns made it over Cam. He’s Scottie’s best friend and an awesome putter. They’ll be dangerous in alternate shot
Bring back FFP!!!

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2023, 03:24:09 PM »
Koepka is all they needed for Locker Room Chemistry.  I'll take someone playing 10 times better golf 100/100 times over locker room chemistry.  Maybe JT gets it together in 2 mos but it's a big question mark.  Clearly if you are boys with certain players on the team you got on and if you aren't well you better be top 6.

The guy that’s not on their tour and they only play with 4 times a year is all they need for chemistry?
Bring back FFP!!!

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2023, 03:57:03 PM »
“JT is the heart and soul of this team” -Captain Zack Johnson

Also, he consulted with the 6 auto qualifiers and they all wanted him on the team
Bring back FFP!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2023, 07:27:14 PM »
X and Cantlay
SS and Burns
Spieth and JT.   (Chemistry better work because they are both playing poorly.  Cannot run them out there in alternate shot)
Fowler and Morikawa?
Koepka and Clark?
Homa and Harman?

Try to match JT up with Hovland in singles, as Hovland is going to be a monster and it would be a shame to waste a hot player against him.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 07:29:26 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2023, 07:38:10 PM »
“JT is the heart and soul of this team” -Captain Zack Johnson

Also, he consulted with the 6 auto qualifiers and they all wanted him on the team

Popularity contest rather than a meritocracy. One can argue that Glover and Keegan Bradley (among others) deserved it, earned it. You can’t make that argument for JT. If you want him in the locker room make him an assistant captain. He shouldn’t be taking the place of a player who was better than him both recently and for the entire year.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2023, 07:39:19 PM »
ZJ isn’t a genius if JT performs well. He picked a guy who didn’t deserve it, didn’t earn it. That’s true no matter the outcome. Lots of guys deserved it more than him.

6-2-1 in the Ryder Cup, including 3-0-0 in four ball and 2-0-0 in singles.
16-5-3 in Ryder and President's combined.
If you want to make a case for another player, that's fine. But this isn't some off-the-wall or irrational pick. He's a guy who's thrived in these competitions.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2023, 07:44:19 PM »
And that is ZJ's argument.  JT has been a team competition monster and a team room leader.   

I go back to the IJP argument.   Poulter would only play memorable golf during the Ryder Cup.  ZJ is betting on JT to do the same.

One of the reasons I wanted Keegan on the team was to pair him with Harman.  Can you imagine that pairing, with all of their tics, matched up against, say, Rahm and Fitzpatrick?   Unintentional gamesmanship to the nth degree.    Alas.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 07:54:09 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2023, 08:15:36 PM »
The guy that’s not on their tour and they only play with 4 times a year is all they need for chemistry?

I was being facetious. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2023, 08:19:43 PM »
6-2-1 in the Ryder Cup, including 3-0-0 in four ball and 2-0-0 in singles.
16-5-3 in Ryder and President's combined.
If you want to make a case for another player, that's fine. But this isn't some off-the-wall or irrational pick. He's a guy who's thrived in these competitions.

He has thrived but he's had a rough year.  I stopped watching men's golf after Monaghan sold out but Bradley deserved a spot imo. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2023, 08:36:13 PM »
He has thrived but he's had a rough year.  I stopped watching men's golf after Monaghan sold out but Bradley deserved a spot imo.

That's fair, but the flipside is that the Ryder Cup is a different animal than regular tournament play and success in one doesn't guarantee success in the other (see: Phil).
Time will tell whether this was a smart pick or not, but there's a logoc behind it.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2023, 08:45:41 PM »
That's fair, but the flipside is that the Ryder Cup is a different animal than regular tournament play and success in one doesn't guarantee success in the other (see: Phil).
Time will tell whether this was a smart pick or not, but there's a logoc behind it.

Glover has also been on fire.  I assume after Day 1 we'll find out if JT has it or not.  You play him in the four ball and then make a decision until the singles. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2023, 09:50:09 PM »
Jordan is playing poorly?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2023, 10:02:59 PM »
X and Cantlay
SS and Burns
Spieth and JT.   (Chemistry better work because they are both playing poorly.  Cannot run them out there in alternate shot)
Fowler and Morikawa?
Koepka and Clark?
Homa and Harman?

Try to match JT up with Hovland in singles, as Hovland is going to be a monster and it would be a shame to waste a hot player against him.

Your first two pairings seem like locks.  After that it's gonna take some critical thinking.    I wouldn't pair Koepka/Clark.  Both are essentially bombers.  I like a Koepka/Harman or Clark/Harman pairing. I don't see Morikawa sitting out a single match so his pairings are critical.  My inclination is you don't play Jordan/JT and try Morikawa with both of them because of his versatility. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2023, 10:13:08 PM »
Uncle Rico woulda had something fun to say about this. Anybody heard from him?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2023, 11:01:36 PM »
Uncle Rico woulda had something fun to say about this. Anybody heard from him?

Is he alright? 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 07:02:05 AM by MuggsyB »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2023, 05:19:04 AM »
Next man up, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2023, 06:25:00 AM »
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2023, 06:42:29 AM »
where's dustin johnson and keegan bradley??  i like sam burns but he's been leaking oil bad

i'd pair-

harman-scottie
     if there is any part of ss game that needs a boost is putting-harmie could give him a boost in this category.  2 southern dudes who grab their clubs with opposite hands

fowler-koepka
     similar personalities except koepka more extroverted, fowler thinks the same but doesn't tells ya with his eyes-plus 2 of the hottest wives on the tour(again, where's dusty??) having paulina on sideline, greenside while they are putting has to be worth a few strokes eyn'a?

clarke-cantlay-
     again-extrovert-introvert-COME ON...let's go

JT-jordie
     no brainer

homa-morikawa
      just feels right

xander-burns
don't...don't don't don't don't

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2023, 07:04:03 AM »
where's dustin johnson and keegan bradley??  i like sam burns but he's been leaking oil bad

i'd pair-

harman-scottie
     if there is any part of ss game that needs a boost is putting-harmie could give him a boost in this category.  2 southern dudes who grab their clubs with opposite hands

fowler-koepka
     similar personalities except koepka more extroverted, fowler thinks the same but doesn't tells ya with his eyes-plus 2 of the hottest wives on the tour(again, where's dusty??) having paulina on sideline, greenside while they are putting has to be worth a few strokes eyn'a?

clarke-cantlay-

JT-jordie
     no brainer

homa-morikawa
      just feels right

xander-burns

Xander/Cantlay is a a lock 🚀.   I also think Scheffy/Burns is very likely.  After that I dunno but JT better get his head out of his ass.  :)

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2023, 07:18:23 AM »

i'd pair-

harman-scottie

fowler-koepka

clarke-cantlay-

JT-jordie
     no brainer

homa-morikawa
      just feels right

xander-burns

The horniest guy on the internet.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2023, 08:17:19 AM »
They’ll switch up the pairings between rounds but the ideal ones are:

Scottie/Burns
Xander/Cantlay
JT/Spieth
Homa/Morikawa
Brooks/Rickie
Clark/Harman
Bring back FFP!!!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2023, 10:26:12 AM »
No Cam Young love here, dude is nails

tower912

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2023, 10:31:11 AM »
Putting poorly.   Not one of the cool kids.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2023, 06:30:04 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2023, 08:06:14 PM »
Freddie saying the crucial point out loud.   
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/fred-couples-keegan-bradley-ryder-cup-tight-quote

So Keegan, Cam and Glover aren’t part of the “cool guys” crew, Sam and JT are. Disgusting.

feedback