collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:13 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by BrewCity83
[Today at 03:23:55 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What bar have you had the most drinks at?  (Read 2736 times)

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Re: What bar have you had the most drinks at?
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2023, 03:44:48 PM »
Dickthedribbler

Sent you a PM.

Goose:

Thanks for the very kind PM. It looks like we travel some of the same paths.

Ring out Ahoya.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2023, 03:52:31 PM »
The last time I was at Club Tap we ordered some Lalli's pizza (one of my favorites in the Milwaukee area), and the guy who took our order was someone I had played some basketball with.  I didn't know him well but we always called him Lalli, so he must've either been the son of the owner or the owner himself, but handed down to him (because he wasn't a ton older than me, and we had been getting Lalli's since I was a child).  He handed us some "Free drink" tokens for Club Tap, and when we went to use them the bartender was like, "Yeah, we haven't honored these for years."

Not sure if he was messing with us or just didn't know that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2023, 03:53:44 PM »
Murphs and it ain't close.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2023, 04:20:05 PM »
The last time I was at Club Tap we ordered some Lalli's pizza (one of my favorites in the Milwaukee area), and the guy who took our order was someone I had played some basketball with.  I didn't know him well but we always called him Lalli, so he must've either been the son of the owner or the owner himself, but handed down to him (because he wasn't a ton older than me, and we had been getting Lalli's since I was a child).  He handed us some "Free drink" tokens for Club Tap, and when we went to use them the bartender was like, "Yeah, we haven't honored these for years."

Not sure if he was messing with us or just didn't know that.

Man, Wade, Club Tap and Lalli's pizza. That is a combination that's hard to beat. Good call.

And as an aside, I was driving by the Club Tap last week and I noticed (as I always notice) that the same neon Schlitz sign hangs above the front door as has been there as far back as I can remember. I would bet it has been up since the 1940s but for sure the 1950s. I always thought about going in and making them an offer right on the spot (for the sign).

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2023, 04:24:39 PM »
Man, Wade, Club Tap and Lalli's pizza. That is a combination that's hard to beat. Good call.

And as an aside, I was driving by the Club Tap last week and I noticed (as I always notice) that the same neon Schlitz sign hangs above the front door as has been there as far back as I can remember. I would bet it has been up since the 1940s but for sure the 1950s. I always thought about going in and making them an offer right on the spot (for the sign).

That is a beautiful sign.  I bet they get offers on that all the time.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

MU1in77

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2023, 04:58:58 PM »

The Club Tap is pretty much right in between my brother's house and mine which makes it a perfect meeting place.  My son is also dating a girl who grew up around the corner from Club Tap/Lallis's (we had pizza from there last night) so it's a great place to get together with them and her parents.  Ray's Growler on the second floor of the liquor store is also a nice spot for a craft beer.

My only problem with Leffs is it's named after one of Springsteen's worse albums and has way too many Badger fans.

panda

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2023, 05:56:35 PM »
The Club Tap is pretty much right in between my brother's house and mine which makes it a perfect meeting place.  My son is also dating a girl who grew up around the corner from Club Tap/Lallis's (we had pizza from there last night) so it's a great place to get together with them and her parents.  Ray's Growler on the second floor of the liquor store is also a nice spot for a craft beer.

My only problem with Leffs is it's named after one of Springsteen's worse albums and has way too many Badger fans.

Leffs always puts together a solid group for Marquette games. It’s my go to when goolsbys isn’t on the table.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2023, 04:03:49 PM »
Probably the old Angelo's Pizza at Marquette. Maybe the Gym or Heggarty's second.

Since then, either Morgan's Bar and Grill in Libertyville, IL or Mickey Finn's in Libertyville, IL.

Or, maybe the United Club at Terminal C, Chicago O'Hare.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2023, 04:50:10 PM »
Thankfully there are several sky clubs in Atlanta. If you combine all of them, that might be the leader in the clubhouse now. But since I split time over the years between terminal T, A center point, A17, old B, new B, C, the two Ds, E, and now F. Otherwise…..

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2023, 08:14:50 PM »
Thankfully there are several sky clubs in Atlanta. If you combine all of them, that might be the leader in the clubhouse now. But since I split time over the years between terminal T, A center point, A17, old B, new B, C, the two Ds, E, and now F. Otherwise…..

My kinda guy!

Do you really live in Palm Beach now?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2023, 09:00:02 PM »
Probably the old Angelo's Pizza at Marquette. Maybe the Gym or Heggarty's second.

Since then, either Morgan's Bar and Grill in Libertyville, IL or Mickey Finn's in Libertyville, IL.

Or, maybe the United Club at Terminal C, Chicago O'Hare.

Mickey Finns.  😂😂😂

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2023, 09:18:35 PM »
My kinda guy!

Do you really live in Palm Beach now?
County, not the town.  ;D

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2023, 10:06:25 PM »
County, not the town.  ;D

You live with the beautiful people in Jupiter or Near Hobe Sound LOL  8-)

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2023, 06:57:19 AM »
You live with the beautiful people in Jupiter or Near Hobe Sound LOL  8-)

I am the beautiful people!  ;D

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2023, 01:22:43 PM »
Probably in this order:

1. Caffrey's
2. Hegarty's
3. Murphy's

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2023, 03:31:25 PM »
1. Fuzzys on main (Waukesha)
2. Klingers
3. Goolsbys

To bad there's no really good neighborhood bar in greenfield. Everything around me sucks.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2023, 04:47:21 PM »
To bad there's no really good neighborhood bar in greenfield. Everything around me sucks.

Not Greenfield, but not far away in Greendale....Ray & Dot's is about as good as a neighbothood bar gets.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2023, 04:48:08 PM »
Brew

I love Ray and Dots. Will be there Saturday night with family.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2023, 09:49:40 PM »
Caffreys would be far and away number 1. 2nd is likely West End Elixer, a whiskey and cigar bar that was my go to in College Station before Covid killed it
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2023, 12:23:54 AM »
Not Greenfield, but not far away in Greendale....Ray & Dot's is about as good as a neighbothood bar gets.

Hmmm, I've seen softball teams with this sponsor, never quite sure where it was. It's only 4 minutes from my house. So I'll have to check it out.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2023, 09:01:38 AM »
Definitely THE GYM followed by FV Grunts

There was a house off campus that topped both of those though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 02:54:50 PM by PBRme »
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2023, 09:32:11 AM »
Spent a lot of time at Ray & Dots back in the day. Probably haven’t been there in more than 20 years
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2023, 09:53:54 AM »
Jay Bee

I have not been there much over past decade, but second in a month is coming up on Saturday.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2023, 02:22:14 PM »
Spent a lot of time at Ray & Dots back in the day. Probably haven’t been there in more than 20 years

From the pictures, that is probably when they did the last remodel.

MU1in77

• Walk-On
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2023, 09:31:05 AM »
I grew up in Greendale so spent many nights (and days) at Ray & Dots.  When I turned 18 in 1974 a 14oz Pabst was 20 cents and if they ran out of glasses you had to pay more for a 12oz Andecker.  Sometime during my college years they raised the price to 25 cents so instead of 10 beers for $2 you only got 8!