2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tucker  (Read 18016 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Tucker
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2023, 09:45:43 AM »
Heisy misses Tuckems already. When you need a fix, Newsmax is too weak.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2023, 10:12:14 AM »
Carlson will find a platform.   I think the O'Reilly template fits here.  Although if Fox makes it a mission to make TC toxic, perhaps Olbermann would be more apt.

I predict the Daily Wire.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2023, 10:45:00 AM »
Yea, love him or hate him, he’s an intelligent dude and seems very savvy at the media politics game behind the scenes.  He also seems to have a hold on the kayfabe aspect of being a talking head more than O’Reilly did (constantly trumpeting “I’m a registered independent” is was one of the dumbest ongoing schticks).  And he’s not gotten to be completely unhinged like Olbermann or Glenn Beck yet.

I think he’s does the podcast/DIY route for a bit and then another big gig in a few years

It's this last part I have a hard time imagining.
What potential "big gig" is out there? Right now, there are three large platforms that sell political commentary: CNN, FOX and MSNBC. He's been fired by all three and I can't see any path back for him at any one of them.
So, where's this other gig? I could imagine him at a place like Newxmax or Daily Wire (as jficke suggests), but those aren't big gigs relative to what else is out there, unless you're also predicting a sea change in political media in the next few years. And I think he's way too toxic to land a show on s streamer like HBO (a la Maher/Oliver) or Apple (Stewart).

I don't think he disappears, but he, his audience and his influence will be much diminished.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2023, 10:59:47 AM »
Maybe he'll write books like his predecessor.

I could see "Killing O'Reilly" or "Killing Murdoch" in his future.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2023, 11:01:35 AM »
From the NYT's DealBook:

Two days after being fired from Fox News, Tucker Carlson emerged on Twitter … with a two-minute video that didn’t address his shocking ouster. But he may have offered a hint about what he’ll do next after his surprise exit from Rupert Murdoch’s media empire.

Carlson criticized the state of political discourse, saying, “both political parties and their donors have reached consensus on what benefits them and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it.”

“Where can you still find Americans saying true things? There aren’t many places left,” Carlson added. “But there are some. And that’s enough.” He concluded with “See you soon,” suggesting that he may return to the public forum, either on his own or as part of some news media outlet.

More details have emerged about Carlson’s firing. The Times reports that just before Fox News’s defamation trial was set to begin, the Fox board belatedly learned more about highly offensive and crude remarks that the host had made privately — and that surfaced as part of the legal discovery process.

The full extent of what he said is still not known, but news outlets have challenged court-ordered redactions of the private messages, and the communications could still emerge in a lawsuit against Fox News filed by the voting software maker Smartmatic.

Numerous reports say Tucker was especially fond of using the c-word.

So it's either:

A. They're silencing me from speaking the truth

or

2. They fired an a-hole for being an a-hole to his staff/colleagues/boss

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2023, 11:02:44 AM »
Beck is the best becuase he's never even pretended to be anything but a grifter.  He's like a smarter, less meme-able Alex Jones.  Remember when for a minute he thought there was more money in going the remorseful, move to the middle route?  Then he realized that in fact there was more money in steering into insanity, so he went on a "I TAKE ALL MY APOLOGIES BACK" rampage.  A true American success story.

I have first hand knowledge Beck is nothing but a grifter and a complete d-bag to boot. 
He was a Top 40 DJ here in southern Connecticut and there's much more to that.............

MU82

• All American
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2023, 11:14:19 AM »
I have first hand knowledge Beck is nothing but a grifter and a complete d-bag to boot. 
He was a Top 40 DJ here in southern Connecticut and there's much more to that.............

He's done a hell of a job of grifting, gotta give him that!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2023, 11:46:41 AM »
What potential "big gig" is out there? Right now, there are three large platforms that sell political commentary: CNN, FOX and MSNBC. He's been fired by all three and I can't see any path back for him at any one of them.
So, where's this other gig? I could imagine him at a place like Newxmax or Daily Wire (as jficke suggests), but those aren't big gigs relative to what else is out there, unless you're also predicting a sea change in political media in the next few years. And I think he's way too toxic to land a show on s streamer like HBO (a la Maher/Oliver) or Apple (Stewart).

I don't think he disappears, but he, his audience and his influence will be much diminished.

So I'm cautiously optimistic that while he will not disappear, and his audience might actually *increase* in raw numbers, I think you are right that his influence will be much diminished.

Tucker was uniquely placed to be a vector to reach people a particular set of people: Mostly boomers, mostly not terminally online, conservative folks (even very conservative folks) mostly primed to be susceptible to his message but not already True True Believers. Sure there were probably some True True Believers in his audience. But think of a random late Middle Aged Dad or New Grandpa. This person is probably broadly unaware of the sea of crazy/fashy/Daily Wire stuff because that stuff exists mostly online, and unless it gets pushed across Middle Aged Dad's facebook page, he's not seeing it. But Tucker was really good at bundling up the online ecosphere stuff and repackaging it in a way that reached all those people who aren't consuming the Stephen Crowder/Matt Walsh podcast stuff.

So while I think Daily Wire pays a lot of money to Tucker to come onto their platform, and using their platform I bet he reaches more than a 3M audience number, it's a different audience. He will be preaching to the choir rather than spreading the stochastic terrorism gospel of libs of tiktok to virgin ears.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2023, 01:12:46 PM »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2023, 01:34:03 PM »
according to the Lincoln Project, Tucker will run for president

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2023, 02:00:15 PM »

That would be fun. We'd get to see just how many Americans now embrace Russia and outright fascism.

But I think jficke's call of the Daily Wire is a good one. The platform has the perfect blend of outright misogyny, Christian Nationalism, and pseudo-intellectualism that Tuckems would slide in effortlessly like a greased pig.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2023, 02:03:59 PM »
That would be fun. We'd get to see just how many Americans now embrace Russia and outright fascism.

But I think jficke's call of the Daily Wire is a good one. The platform has the perfect blend of outright misogyny, Christian Nationalism, and pseudo-intellectualism that Tuckems would slide in effortlessly like a greased pig.

If Tucker runs, he’ll have to pay off Fox not to release their files on him
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2023, 02:06:58 PM »
If Tucker runs, he’ll have to pay off Fox not to release their files on him
Or pay them TO release the files. All of that content would be features not flaws in the primaries.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2023, 03:55:31 PM »
Or pay them TO release the files. All of that content would be features not flaws in the primaries.

That’s true.  May not matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2023, 04:00:25 PM »

That’s fair.  I obviously didn’t mean one of the legacy big 3 platforms.  I was thinking more of a streamer or some new major format political media, not something like Truth Social or The Blaze.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2023, 05:06:47 PM »

Grifters speculating on grifters

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2023, 05:28:16 PM »

The ones embracing fascism are the 29% who think Brandon is doing a good job and are ok with  weaponizing gubmint departments.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2023, 05:36:57 PM »
   The ones embracing fascism are the 29% who think Brandon is doing a good job and are ok with  weaponizing gubmint departments.

And drink Bud Lite and wear Nike shoes

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2023, 05:56:08 PM »

Sounds very Independent. “Weaponizing gubmint”? Repeating the Fox nuts does not prove your independence. Every political post you have ever made screams wingnut.

Maybe you can work ‘woke’ or ‘lame stream media’ into your next post.

But keep pretending

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2023, 06:04:47 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2023, 06:13:21 PM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2023, 06:41:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1651376097349578753

65 Million views.

I love the people who said he is the one honest voice. De-lusional!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2023, 07:16:40 PM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2023, 08:45:52 PM »

I’m the farthest thing from a Biden supporter or defender, but people who still call him Brandon and further perpetuate one of the lamest memes of the last few years are major red flags on any political topic

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2023, 09:01:41 PM »
Heisy misses Tuckems already. When you need a fix, Newsmax is too weak.

Good call ... again

I effectively gave up watching cable news years ago. I have watched less than one hour of all of them together since getting the 2020 election results.

Serious question ...

Does anyone here watch them? No wrong answers. Just curious.

A second serious question is, does any of this matter?  Do they still have any influence on the public narrative?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.