[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

NIL Future by PointWarrior
[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

How many more offseason departures?

Zero, they're running it back
97 (57.7%)
One
51 (30.4%)
Two
7 (4.2%)
Three
3 (1.8%)
Hiroshima 2 Electric Boogaloo
5 (3%)
Arby's
5 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 168

Author Topic: How many more offseason departures?  (Read 4739 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
How many more offseason departures?
« on: April 06, 2023, 09:30:28 AM »
Departures have been announced, but so far it seems like our core group is sticking together. What's your wager?

I feel like we're running it back next year, trying to gauge sentiment

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: How many more offseason departures?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 09:42:18 AM »
I think OMax will go through the NBA draft process. I'm leaning towards a return but anything can happen once a player starts getting feedback. All it takes is for him to believe that one team will take a flier on him. Maybe Oso and Tyler go through it too just to get feedback but I'm pretty confident both will be back.

I'm not particularly worried about any of the main pieces transferring. The only one I could see is Sean. If Tyler plans to use his COVID year, Sean won't get a shot to run things until his senior year. I don't think it would be unreasonable for him to want to be in a place where he could start this season or next. No inside info, just looking at the roster and seeing where there are potential logjams.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 09:54:57 AM »
I think OMax will go through the NBA draft process. I'm leaning towards a return but anything can happen once a player starts getting feedback. All it takes is for him to believe that one team will take a flier on him. Maybe Oso and Tyler go through it too just to get feedback but I'm pretty confident both will be back.

I'm not particularly worried about any of the main pieces transferring. The only one I could see is Sean. If Tyler plans to use his COVID year, Sean won't get a shot to run things until his senior year. I don't think it would be unreasonable for him to want to be in a place where he could start this season or next. No inside info, just looking at the roster and seeing where there are potential logjams.

I'm pretty much of the same mind. But the one "I could see" is Joplin...for the same reasons you cite with Sean. "No inside info, just looking at the roster and seeing where there are potential logjams."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 10:15:48 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 10:02:17 AM »
Listening to the Big East Barroom from this week. What they heard (and again these are complete rumors so take it what you will) is that Oso and Omax are going to declare for the draft while retaining their eligibility (IMO every player should do this to just hear from teams what NBA teams think these players need to work on to be in the league) and its highly likely Oso returns while more of a 50/50 on Omax.

Even before listening to this, I think Omax was most likely to be gone as he does have that NBA frame.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 10:16:51 AM »

I'm thinking Sean comes back this year.  If Tyler leaves after next season, then Sean could be lined up to start as a junior.

But if Tyler comes back for a 5th year, then I could see Sean transferring after 2023-24.

I think immediate eligibility for transfers actually helps retain some players in the short term.  When transfer players had to sit out a year, they had to predict what would happen in a year.  An unclear future might be enough to make them transfer sooner than later, just to get the year in residency over with ASAP. 

Now players can take a wait and see approach, and actually see whether or not a starter returns for their final year, or whether or not the incoming freshman takes their playing time.  Players have to do less guesswork and can make decisions with more certain information.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 10:31:04 AM »
based on speculation so far...

Going Pro (2) - Omax, Oso
Memphis Cash (1) - Kam
Seeking Starter Minutes (1) - Joplin
Homesick / Australian NBL (1) - Gold
Superstar Potential NIL $$ (1) - Ross

so 6 departing?   

Leaving Kolek, Stevie, 3 freshman, and the walk-ons 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 02:22:40 PM »

Memphis Cash (1) - Kam

so 6 departing?   

Shaka to the Bulls

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 02:33:06 PM »
Shaka to the Bulls

After Billy Donovan takes over Providence.

Memphis Cash (1) - Kam

so 6 departing?   

You forgot Sean is leaving for more minutes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 03:03:10 PM »
Original poll thread for posterity. https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=64667.msg1538930#msg1538930

Sure looking like zero or one at the most.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 04:00:13 PM »
Original poll thread for posterity. https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=64667.msg1538930#msg1538930

Sure looking like zero or one at the most.

Looks like some anxiety has calmed in our fanbase over the past 3 weeks. Pretty interesting.

Don_Kojis

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2023, 04:04:25 PM »
Don't think Omax  is good enough for NBA.  He seems to play like a guy about 6"5.  Either he goes to Europe or some other place to play Pro or stay at MU.  I have a feeling Tre Norman will replace Sean.  Sean has to realize he isn't in high school and stop getting his shots blocked down low.  Jolpin has to learn how to dribble without losing the ball each time. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2023, 04:12:58 PM »
Don't think Omax  is good enough for NBA.  He seems to play like a guy about 6"5.  Either he goes to Europe or some other place to play Pro or stay at MU.  I have a feeling Tre Norman will replace Sean.  Sean has to realize he isn't in high school and stop getting his shots blocked down low.  Jolpin has to learn how to dribble without losing the ball each time.

All three points, +1.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2023, 06:26:23 PM »

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2023, 08:15:02 PM »
Instead of Memphis cash for Kam, maybe it’s now Carolina Cash for Kam?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2023, 10:12:36 PM »

Memphis Cash (1) - Kam

so 6 departing?   

*Cam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2023, 07:21:27 AM »

good level headed analysis dk

i like the big O, but he plays too nervous and fidgety without confidence with his moves into the belly of the beast.  so many times he get's into the toaster, fakes left/right and dishes out.  opposing players know he's bluffing and trying to draw pressure to dish out to open 3 so they provide just enough pressure to prevent the shot.  if he moves into the lane as such, go up strong big fella...if he can

jop will be getting commercials with major airlines unless he addresses his ball handling abilities

i like sean A LOT.  if he has his mind set on starting, yes, he's gone.  if he has his mind on winning, he stays.  he will get his minutes and God forbid, but injuries etc happen and he needs to be READY
don't...don't don't don't don't

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2023, 09:56:20 AM »
OMax has an incredibly high ceiling, and I do think he will play in the NBA, but he isn't ready. Fine to test the waters, but it would be foolish to give up eligibility right now.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2023, 11:24:37 AM »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2023, 03:55:21 PM »
Zero if rational thinking prevails, however, many decisions are based on emotions.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2023, 08:15:02 AM »

Plays pretty good for a guy only 6 inches 5 whatever tall. Talk about a mini me.