'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2023-24 Non-Con Schedule  (Read 17272 times)

wisblue

• All American
Re: 2023-24 Non-Con Schedule
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2023, 08:23:29 AM »
Is it possible MU will not have a Gavit Games game this year?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2023, 08:26:55 AM »

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2023, 08:33:00 AM »
Is the UW game confirmed for 12/2?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2023, 08:33:14 AM »
Yep - ABUWM just like ABD.

Always laugh at scoopers afraid of Milwaukee
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2023, 08:39:02 AM »

Personally, not afraid of UWM and would be happy to crush them each year. 

But the 1 decent year with Pearl spawned 5 years of “Marquette is afraid to play us” from all 20 of their fans and their ridiculous stance of it needs to be a home and home series.  That’s my ABUWM.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2023, 08:53:29 AM »
Personally, not afraid of UWM and would be happy to crush them each year. 

But the 1 decent year with Pearl spawned 5 years of “Marquette is afraid to play us” from all 20 of their fans and their ridiculous stance of it needs to be a home and home series.  That’s my ABUWM.

That was 20 years ago.  Scoop is afraid of them
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2023, 08:58:55 AM »
Holding a grudge against all 14 of UWM fans because of one loss two decades ago is silly.  I'd be happy to play them every year.  In fact, if they could get some level of success where they had potential to be a Q2 game, I'd definitely support a "home and home" or 2:1 home and home series since attendance would probably only be 12-13k anyway.  Would love the nostalgia of playing at the MECCA every second or third year.  Not sure about the funding details of being at the Fiserv, but I'd imagine there'd be a way to make playing at our old arena mutually beneficial.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 09:00:39 AM by UWW2MU »

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2023, 09:07:56 AM »
Holding a grudge against all 14 of UWM fans because of one loss two decades ago is silly.  I'd be happy to play them every year.  In fact, if they could get some level of success where they had potential to be a Q2 game, I'd definitely support a "home and home" or 2:1 home and home series since attendance would probably only be 12-13k anyway.  Would love the nostalgia of playing at the MECCA every second or third year.  Not sure about the funding details of being at the Fiserv, but I'd imagine there'd be a way to make playing at our old arena mutually beneficial.

Umm, loss?   Marquette is 44-0 or so against the Panthers.  Two of those 14 fans are close friends and hammered me for 5 years of Marquette being afraid to play. And yes, I can hold a grudge against the Panthers a long time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 09:09:57 AM by PointWarrior »

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2023, 09:11:20 AM »

No one here is afraid of freaking UW-Milwaukee. It's more that people are tired of them.

If you care to look at their message board on this issue you will see that they "would like"  a home and home with Marquette but would settle for  2-1. And their loudest screamer over there is advocating that the best way to go about this is for UWM fans to call in  local sports call in shows and flood the airwaves with "why is Marquette afraid to play us". That this approach will certainly cajole MU into giving them a series.

I feel like it's 2005-06 all over again. If MU's coach and AD think it makes sense to play, then put them on the schedule. If not, then don't. Simple.

And I don't give a phock what their NET or RPI or KenPom numbers are, they are a low major program playing in a low major conference. It's not Marquette's duty to help them prop up their program.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2023, 09:13:15 AM »
No one here is afraid of freaking UW-Milwaukee. It's more that people are tired of them.

If you care to look at their message board on this issue you will see that they "would like"  a home and home with Marquette but would settle for  2-1. And their loudest screamer over there is advocating that the best way to go about this is for UWM fans to call in  local sports call in shows and flood the airwaves with "why is Marquette afraid to play us". That this approach will certainly cajole MU into giving them a series.

I feel like it's 2005-06 all over again. If MU's coach and AD think it makes sense to play, then put them on the schedule. If not, then don't. Simple.

And I don't give a phock what their NET or RPI or KenPom numbers are, they are a low major program playing in a low major conference. It's not Marquette's duty to help them prop up their program.

Marquette plays Chicago State.  They can play Milwaukee

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2023, 09:20:40 AM »

Umm, loss?   Marquette is 44-0 or so against the Panthers.  Two of those 14 fans are close friends and hammered me for 5 years of Marquette being afraid to play. And yes, I can hold a grudge against the Panthers a long time.

I could have sworn there was a loss in there somewhere.   :o   oh well!    Whatever... point still stands.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2023, 09:24:06 AM »
It's not Marquette's duty to help them prop up their program.

For me it has nothing to do with UWM and everything to do with seeing MU playing in one of their historical venues.  They could even do throwback jerseys and a big marketing campaign.   I can't imagine we make much off of buy games, so why not work out some kind of financial deal with UWM to make it work for both sides? 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2023, 09:25:05 AM »
I could have sworn there was a loss in there somewhere.   :o   oh well!    Whatever... point still stands.

I think at least one game near the end of our run of playing them was pretty close until the end.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2023, 09:25:32 AM »
I'm sure we would if UWM agreed to the same terms as Chicago State.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2023, 09:27:56 AM »

Not much of an endorsement for scheduling UW-Milwaukee------"we play one bad team, we might as well play two?

Sounds good.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2023, 09:30:26 AM »

Sad

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2023, 09:32:55 AM »

My guess is that you are correct------a straight up "buy game" every year", take it or leave it.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2023, 09:36:55 AM »
For me it has nothing to do with UWM and everything to do with seeing MU playing in one of their historical venues.  They could even do throwback jerseys and a big marketing campaign.   I can't imagine we make much off of buy games, so why not work out some kind of financial deal with UWM to make it work for both sides?

That was tried. There was no buzz. They couldn't sell the game out.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2023, 09:50:56 AM »

Absolutely, they can. But Chicago State understands that they are simply a buy game and will never get a return game. The wouldn't even consider asking for one. Despite being in the Horizon League, Milwaukee thinks that they should get a return game. I don't think any other Horizon League or low major program would expect --  much less demand -- a return game from Marquette.

If Shaka and the powers that be think it makes sense to schedule Milwaukee, they should go for it. If they don't think it makes sense, they should simply [continue to] ignore Milwaukee fans' efforts to shame them into it.  That said, I do kind of like the idea of a throwback game played at MECCA.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2023, 09:59:35 AM »
When it comes to this particular topic, UW-Milwaukee fans remind me of those Circadian insects in the eastern part of the U. S. Every 17 years they appear from underground; make a lot of noise; have sex; crawl back underground and die. Just as every decade or so UWM has a decent  season and the 500 or so fans they have are front and center, bitching about why Marquette won't play them. So MU finally plays them and goes 5-0 in a 5 game series. They then disappear for 15 years or so and the cycle repeats itself.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2023, 10:15:11 AM »
When it comes to this particular topic, UW-Milwaukee fans remind me of those Circadian insects in the eastern part of the U. S. Every 17 years they appear from underground; make a lot of noise; have sex; crawl back underground and die. Just as every decade or so UWM has a decent  season and the 500 or so fans they have are front and center, bitching about why Marquette won't play them. So MU finally plays them and goes 5-0 in a 5 game series. They then disappear for 15 years or so and the cycle repeats itself.

You were so close that I actually googled to see if the words have the same origins. Alas, they do not. You're thinking of Cicadas.

Dead on analogy, by the way.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2023, 10:16:55 AM »

Exactly, and yes, play them with the same terms as any other 200+ Kenpom team as a buy game.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2023, 10:25:32 AM »
Scoop is just afraid of Milwaukee.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2023, 10:31:00 AM »

If I remember correctly, they made it very difficult for MU fans to buy tickets and only included the MU game in one of their season ticket packages. I recall trying to go and it being more of a hassle than it was worth. I could be wrong though but that’s what I remember.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2023, 10:35:25 AM »
Is the UW game confirmed for 12/2?

No, but they have been going first Saturday in December for a couple years now. Trusting that to continue. Will amend if it changes.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.