[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 2023-2024 Expectations  (Read 44725 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: 2023-2024 Expectations
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2023, 06:11:35 PM »
Beat Wisconsin. Enjoy the big city, bright lights, pretty girls.
Beat somebody in Big 10
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2023, 06:17:29 PM »
I think we will be so good we will be able to discuss our preferred NCAA matchups all the way into the Final Four before the first game.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2023, 06:23:17 PM »
I am certain I will care more about NCAA success next season than I did this one. This year, 1 NCAA win was enough, especially with all the hardware won. Next year, I want more NCAA wins. I am generally a proponent of seeing things I've never seen before. That's why this year was so awesome. Going forward, the "what I haven't seen before" is mostly centered around cutting down nets at the Final Four.
Cutting the nets down with a switchblade on the shoulders of a 6'11 man mountain
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2023, 06:26:24 PM »
Cutting the nets down with a switchblade on the shoulders of a 6'11 man mountain

Ben Gold is 6’ 11”
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2023, 06:58:43 PM »
All of us should be in full attack mode by June 1st.  There should be incalculable motivation to be dominant in 23-24. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2023, 07:03:40 PM »

Ben Gold is 6’ 11”
There are mountains in New Zealand
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2023, 10:40:24 PM »
I am certain I will care more about NCAA success next season than I did this one. This year, 1 NCAA win was enough, especially with all the hardware won. Next year, I want more NCAA wins. I am generally a proponent of seeing things I've never seen before. That's why this year was so awesome. Going forward, the "what I haven't seen before" is mostly centered around cutting down nets at the Final Four.

Thanks for the response. Several other Scoopers have expressed similar "now that I've seen a BE title, I care more about NCAAT success" feelings. Interesting shift, and I do understand it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2023, 04:32:48 AM »
I wish all the coaches and student athletes the best of health and hope they take time to smell the roses. Their time at Marquette will be cherished forever. When its time for next season lets work hard, have fun and relish every victory. There will be many. Raise our toast of milkshakes for everyone - coaches, players, students, teachers, instructors, professors, and all scoopers. Ring out ahoya!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2023, 07:43:01 AM »
My expectations are that Marquette players' experience will really show next year, especially with our freshmen turned sophomores. It was thrilling to see our guys play far better than anyone expected them to this season. Our experience will benefit us in the Big Dance, where we should be SS at a minimum, and more likely EE or better. I believe there is a mountain of evidence linking experience with teams' tourney success.

A conference record of maybe 15-5 (maybe even 14-6) is far more likely than a repeat of this season's tally. With Pitino and Cooley cashing in on the transfer market, sweeps of GT and SJ (and Creighton) may be difficult to pull off. And then there's UCONN and Xavier, among others. The BE will be an even tougher neighborhood, and we will sneak up on no one. There will be a target on our back.

Having won the regular title and BET this season, it would be only mildly disappointing if we did not repeat. I think we will have a more solid team (for lack of a better word) meaning that a step back in our W/L will not indicate a step back in strength and depth. With Maui and a tougher BE, we will be tougher by playing tough teams.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 07:44:34 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2023, 08:13:34 AM »
National Championship!

There is no other goal. None!

If this year proved anything, it's that nothing is stable in the NCAA these days. If FAU, San Diego State and Miami can put together runs to the Final Four, we should be able to do so as well!

We'll be a year more mature; we have new and exciting freshmen coming to MU. Gosh, we may even get some inside help for Oso. The foundation is there and now it's time to build on what could have been. And, we beat UConn two times in three attempts!

Gang, it's time! We're back and it's time to F**k 'em! We Are Marquette needs to mean something! As in, look out world, we're taking no prisoners!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2023, 08:17:33 AM »
National Championship!

If this year proved anything, it's that nothing is stable in the NCAA these days. If FAU, San Diego State and Miami can put together runs to the Final Four, we should be able to do so as well!

We'll be a year more mature; we have new and exciting freshmen coming to MU. Gosh, we may even get some inside help for Oso. The foundation is there and now it's time to build on what could have been. And, we beat UConn two times in three attempts!

Gang, it's time! We're back and it's time to F**k 'em! We Are Marquette needs to mean something! As in, look out world, we're taking no prisoners!

Of course a national title is always the goal. But the thread is about expectations.

Do you expect a national title next season? I certainly expect us to at least be legitimately in the chase for it.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2023, 08:22:04 AM »
Of course a national title is always the goal. But the thread is about expectations.

Do you expect a national title next season? I certainly expect us to at least be legitimately in the chase for it.

Actually, I rather do expect one.

Why not? We're experienced. We've shown we can play with anyone and we're as well coached as any team in the country. If this year proved anything, it's that anything is possible if you work at it hard enough!

Brother MU, I want you and all the other Scoopers who joined Marquette Nation after 1977 to experience what we did! It was incredible!

No COLE here!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2023, 08:28:47 AM »
National Championship!

I remember well your thread some months ago asking Scoopers what they thought of our chances for another natty. The responses were, umm, not exactly enthusiastic. We'll get there, but I think it will take another season before we have all the tools and experience needed. 
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2023, 09:36:07 AM »
Actually, I rather do expect one.

Why not? We're experienced. We've shown we can play with anyone and we're as well coached as any team in the country. If this year proved anything, it's that anything is possible if you work at it hard enough!

Brother MU, I want you and all the other Scoopers who joined Marquette Nation after 1977 to experience what we did! It was incredible!

No COLE here!

Nice, dg.

A national title is definitely possible in 2024 if all of our key players return and/or Shaka can use the transfer portal expertly to fill gaps. As I said earlier, I'll wait until I see what the roster looks like before I establish specific expectations for the season, but I certainly am willing to expect a championship.

I mean, I picked us to win it all in my bracket this year. As Maxwell Smart (Shaka's uncle?) used to say: "Missed it by that much!"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2023, 09:55:17 AM »
At the moment, my expectations for next year is that talent level will be upgraded. Either by improvements from returning guys, portal additions or both. My biggest question mark for next year is team chemistry. I expect it be at a high level again, but not sure if this season can be matched. It is hard to determine how much the team chemistry played into the success this season.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2023, 10:04:16 AM »
At the moment, my expectations for next year is that talent level will be upgraded. Either by improvements from returning guys, portal additions or both. My biggest question mark for next year is team chemistry. I expect it be at a high level again, but not sure if this season can be matched. It is hard to determine how much the team chemistry played into the success this season.

If the talent is upgraded -- and you might be very right that it will be, even if mostly by continued improvement, as was the case this season -- I agree that the sky's the limit. I'm not really worried about chemistry. I trust Shaka to be a master chemist, and guys like TK, Oso and Stevie are leaders.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2023, 10:19:26 AM »

I am not worried about chemistry, just thought last year a special year chemistry wise. It may have helped them get a few extra wins this past season. That said, I expect very good chemistry and better talent.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2023, 03:00:35 PM »
Not only is chemistry likely to change with player movement, but I’m curious to see how the team responds going from being the hunter to the hunted. They thrived off the underdog, chip on their shoulder f*ck em mentality. Next year will bring more hype and higher expectations
No Finish Line

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2023, 03:08:48 PM »
Not only is chemistry likely to change with player movement, but I’m curious to see how the team responds going from being the hunter to the hunted. They thrived off the underdog, chip on their shoulder f*ck em mentality. Next year will bring more hype and higher expectations

I’d be worried if Buzz Williams was still the coach

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2023, 03:31:00 PM »

The best thing that could happen to them would be a collective feeling amongst Big East coaches that this season was a fluke and pick them like sixth or something. I doubt it will happen.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2023, 03:48:24 PM »
I’d be worried if Buzz Williams was still the coach

I’d be terrified if Wojo was still the coach.

MU90620

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2023, 04:13:01 PM »
The best thing that could happen to them would be a collective feeling amongst Big East coaches that this season was a fluke and pick them like sixth or something. I doubt it will happen.

There is a decent chance they will be picked 3rd.  Creighton can bring everyone back. It’s up to Schiermann. UConn will probably bring everyone back except Hawkins and they have a 6’8 McDonalds PG coming in. Not saying we will be picked 3rd. Just saying it’s possible.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2023, 04:23:23 PM »
There is a decent chance they will be picked 3rd.  Creighton can bring everyone back. It’s up to Schiermann. UConn will probably bring everyone back except Hawkins and they have a 6’8 McDonalds PG coming in. Not saying we will be picked 3rd. Just saying it’s possible.

It would not surprise me at all. This year's team was definitely greater than the sum of its parts. It'll be interesting to see how much credit the pre-season predictions give to that factor next year. Obviously there could be significant changes on all the rosters, so we'll wait and see.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2023, 04:30:28 PM »
Have fewer than 10 losses when all is said and done I'll be happy.
Less than 10 losses have been my definition of a great season for a long time.
Since 2000
Crean(Wade) twice.
Buzz once
Shaka once.

feedback