[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Izzo-ver  (Read 9594 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Izzo-ver
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2023, 06:50:33 PM »

If Oso leaves plus the other two, a transfer forward could step in and start.
Somebody who can shoot with consistency and rebound. Am I asking for to much?
What are you referring to?  I am referring to Willie agreeing with me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2023, 06:52:16 PM »
Be honest - frustration with a significant issue could cause pressing and other mental issues.

Not saying it was the cause, but it certainly isn’t an outlandish theory.

Did you see any instance where the injury impacted him physically or stopped him from doing what he normally does? 

I didn't.  I saw a lot of really bad decisions. 

Not trying to crap on Tyler, either.  But you're probably not going to win at this time of year when your best player is awful. 

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2023, 06:52:39 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2023, 06:53:14 PM »
Hey, great year.  Ahead on the rebuild.  We are back.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2023, 06:54:37 PM »
Did you see any instance where the injury impacted him physically or stopped him from doing what he normally does? 

Not trying to crap on Tyler, either.  But you're probably not going to win at this time of year when your best player is awful.

Yup.  Tyler Kolek was a helluva player for Marquette this season.  He was bad today for whatever reason.  Marquette isn’t here without him.  Marquette may very well be playing Thursday if he plays average today.  I’ll still take him as my PG any day of the week
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2023, 06:54:51 PM »
Then I need to rethink it.

Be nice.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2023, 06:55:48 PM »
Yup.  Tyler Kolek was a helluva player for Marquette this season.  He was bad today for whatever reason.  Marquette isn’t here without him.  Marquette may very well be playing Thursday if he plays average today.  I’ll still take him as my PG any day of the week

This, 1000 times this.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2023, 06:56:32 PM »
An absolutely fantastic year, but it’ll suck on Thursday when we watch K-State destroy Michigan St and know we should’ve been in that game.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2023, 06:56:41 PM »
MSU had 3 possessions at the end where their guards got into the lane and finished, stretching the lead.  That was the game there.

We didn't have much help but those were elite level finishes by them.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2023, 06:57:28 PM »
If we are going to question strategy, I thought Shaka should’ve pulled Kolek with about 8 minutes left. He was beyond bad.

EasyDuzIt

• Walk-On
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2023, 06:57:43 PM »
What are you referring to?  I am referring to Willie agreeing with me.

what other 2? really hope Oso would stay another year don't see a point in leaving until after next year

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2023, 06:58:22 PM »
Played awful. Did not deserve to win. Hope Shaka can keep the band together.

Just a fantastic season. Hurts to much to see it end. See you fellas in the fall.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2023, 06:58:36 PM »

Bad decisions? Agreed. The why is the question. Stage too big? Possibly. Something else? Maybe. Frustration at an injury that he knew was going to affect his ability on a bunch of different levels? Certainly plausible.

I am not saying the injury was why he played bad. I have no idea. I do know that for 30 games I didn’t see this Tyler Kolek. What changed? Injury is one change. The Big Dance is the other. It will be interesting to see what the cause was, but I’m not going to rule out that injury.

By the same token, not making any excuses. He played poorly. End of story. Regardless of the reason. And, like you said, not going to win a lot of games with your best player playing that poorly

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2023, 06:58:50 PM »
Be nice.
All the other hair trigger irrationality this evening and you focus on this?

Thank you for your concern.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2023, 06:59:10 PM »

where in the world is oso leaving to?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2023, 07:01:16 PM »

Where’s Oso going? Turkey? Last man on the next on a G League roster? Gimme a break.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2023, 07:02:38 PM »
Shaka the Maestro just couldn’t keep the band in sync today.
Hope he can keep the team in tune in the off season.

MU won its first NCAA tournament in 10 years. Congrats

Shaka won his first NCAA game in ten years. Congrats. He is now 1 and 8 in last nine years, losing as 2 and 3 seed before Sweet Sixteen.  Not the messiah yet as some predict, but he got that win, turned team around it’s a start. Let’s see where it leads

Big East Season and Tournament Champs, with POY and COY. 

You know roster gonna change a bit, so let’s see what happens in next month.
Rosters always change.

Disappointed, but it was an exciting year and no one can dispute that. Thank you MU hoops for the last five months.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2023, 07:02:51 PM »

Love Tyler and thankful to have him.  And maybe I'm completely wrong about his performance.  Nothing I saw today made me think him being terrible was injury-related.  If it was, more than happy to admit I'm wrong.  Those TOs didn't seem caused by  the thumb.  His two fouls in the first half were not because of his thumb. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2023, 07:04:05 PM »
Love Tyler and thankful to have him.  And maybe I'm completely wrong about his performance.  Nothing I saw today made me think him being terrible was injury-related.  If it was, more than happy to admit I'm wrong.  Those TOs didn't seem caused by  the thumb.  His two fouls in the first half were not because of his thumb.

Agree, that’s why I say average TKO and it’s likely/possible they win.  I’m not blaming the thumb.  I’m being honestly critical, he was bad today
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2023, 07:05:39 PM »

Are the "other two" Kennedy and Wrightsil?  If Oso also left, MU would still have no open scholarships, as they are currently one over the limit.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2023, 07:06:34 PM »
I don't buy #9 at all..  That was a self-inflicted loss imo.

Exactly. 100% agree self inflicted. I do agree wholeheartedly with 10.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2023, 07:06:42 PM »
Effort was good It took MUBB a long time, on offense, in the first half, to match the half court aggressiveness of the Michigan St. defense. But they eventually did. Good game plan for MSU. MUBB adjusted and even threw in a few wrinkles defensively with the 1-2-2 that were effective at times. 

In the 2nd….scoring was a struggle all game, so you can’t have that many empty trips and unforced turnovers, especially in transition and/or early in possessions when they weren’t forced. MUBB didn’t value the ball often enough. There were too many instances where the sense of urgency was there, but, composure was lacking.

Michigan St. missed a lot of 3’s and started to reduce their 3 quantity. Points in the paint was big, MSU almost doubling up the scoring there. MUBB only had 10 points in the paint almost 35 minutes into the game. That wasn’t something I expected. This isn’t one of the big beefy glass eating MSU teams. I think that and the heavy reliance on TK to run the offense are a couple of growth area possibilities.

MUBB had an elite offense this season, with a good enough defense, that relied upon forcing turnovers for success. The ball moves on offense. When that isn’t happening, the margin for a dub goes down quite a bit.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2023, 07:07:59 PM »
even with a bad thumb kolek could have contributed as a game manager rather than a massive net negative. lots of players uncharacteristically bad though. ross and joplin really cost us on turnovers. the whole bench sans gold was awful. not sure why gold didn't play more. mitchell wasn't great. just a collective disappointment

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2023, 07:08:04 PM »
Well that was not fun. I’m not going to jump off a ledge tonight but my wife asked me to stop drinking. Just as a precaution. I’m disappointed because we didn’t see MU basketball. They played hard and we all waited for the offense to be efficient, it never happened.  Tyler couldn’t switch the ball from left hand to right hand to penetrate. Next year it will be different. MU will return all of their players and will have this year’s experience. And they will bring in some new players to press the other guys.  I’m sorry to see it end this way, but still it was fun to get on that ride.  At least I didn’t loose my glasses or throw up.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2023, 07:08:42 PM »
Question:

If this game was played 10 times .. what'd be the result?

TBH, I'm going with MSU 8, MU 2.    I think Izzo was masterful today and he'd well contain MU over multiple games. 

feedback