[Today at 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Beyond Painful  (Read 11049 times)

frozena pizza

• All American
Re: Beyond Painful
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2023, 07:09:41 PM »
Doesn't change the fact that this was a great season.  We won a bunch of games this year that could have gone either way.  This one went against us.  Sure, we didn't play our best, but neither did Michigan State and if they had we would have lost by 20.  One thing that stands out to me though is that this time of year a lot of games really turn into a grind and both teams struggle to score.  The bigger and more physical teams can just rebound and power through that.  We're not built that way.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2023, 07:14:28 PM »
Ben Gold’s parents don’t even think he could be an All-American next year and it has nothing to do with him not being an American

Dude..Rico was being sarcastic...per usual.  The funny thing is, is that Gold probably has the highest ceiling on this team, and probably was underutilized this year.  If Ben stays at MU 4 years, I fee quite confident he will be an All-Big East player and be on some draft boards.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2023, 07:16:33 PM »
Dude..Rico was being sarcastic...per usual.  The funny thing is, is that Gold probably has the highest ceiling on this team, and probably was underutilized this year.  If Ben stays at MU 4 years, I fee quite confident he will be an All-Big East player and be on some draft boards.

I ain’t being sarcastic on this one.  Hyperbolic?  Yes, but you see it with him. Fine, All-American is a stretch but he’s going to take a monster leap if he’s back
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2023, 07:17:17 PM »
Yes it was a great season.  Today doesn’t take away one bit from that. 

But we earned a two seed.  First time ever.   And we didn’t make it out of first weekend. That is a golden opportunity lost.  And that hurts big time.  Hopefully we’ll get another chance, but don’t take opportunity we had today for granted like it’ll be no problem to be back again.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2023, 07:18:25 PM »
I ain’t being sarcastic on this one.  Hyperbolic?  Yes, but you see it with him. Fine, All-American is a stretch but he’s going to take a monster leap if he’s back

I agree...but the All-American definitely was hyperbolic.  But the kid has a big upside for sure.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2023, 07:18:38 PM »
Just got done watching after being stuck on unnatural carnal knowledgeing planes all day. Mother unnatural carnal knowledgeing cock sucker of a unnatural carnal knowledgeing game. unnatural carnal knowledge unnatural carnal knowledge unnatural carnal knowledge unnatural carnal knowledge. My god we could not have played like more unnatural carnal knowledgeing dogcrap than that holy unnatural carnal knowledge
No Finish Line

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2023, 07:19:05 PM »

But we earned a two seed.  First time ever.   And we didn’t make it out of first weekend. That is a golden opportunity lost.  And that hurts big time.  Hopefully we’ll get another chance, but don’t take opportunity we had today for granted like it’ll be no problem to be back again.
Well put

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2023, 07:19:55 PM »
I can't remember ever being so down that I don't even want to watch the rest of the games tonight. 

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2023, 07:20:08 PM »
Just got done watching after being stuck on unnatural carnal knowledgeing planes all day. Mother unnatural carnal knowledgeing cock sucker of a unnatural carnal knowledgeing game. unnatural carnal knowledge unnatural carnal knowledge unnatural carnal knowledge unnatural carnal knowledge. My god we could not have played like more unnatural carnal knowledgeing dogcrap than that holy unnatural carnal knowledge

Well said.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2023, 07:22:28 PM »
I thought OMax was SOTG if MU won.

Completely agree. Played his ass off from start to finish.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2023, 07:22:54 PM »
Kolek was the difference today. He was a disaster. So weird. Nothing to do with his hand. Amazing player. Amazing kid. Amazingly awful game at the worst possible time
No Finish Line

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2023, 07:23:24 PM »
When those who claim to know ball say we are going to beat MSU by 10+……..I questioned how much they know ball.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2023, 07:24:21 PM »
Kolek was the difference today. He was a disaster. So weird. Nothing to do with his hand. Amazing player. Amazing kid. Amazingly awful game at the worst possible time

Boy, I wasn't sure but since you definitively said so, I guess it must be true.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2023, 07:24:26 PM »
Final Four

You win.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2023, 07:25:09 PM »
When those who claim to know ball say we are going to beat MSU by 10+……..I questioned how much they know ball.

Take away the unforced turnovers and we would have.  But unfortunately we can’t do that.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2023, 07:25:35 PM »
The game was lost in that stretch where we got like 8 consecutive stops but proceeded to self-destruct with unconscionable turns combined with 3 or 4 wide open missed looks.  We had all of the momentum and these were self-inflicted turns.  This is going to sting for awhile.  Losing always sucks but when you beat yourself that's incredibly frustrating to put it mildly.  Phenomenal year but we really threw away a tremendous opportunity.
At that moment I was really lamenting the fact that we didn’t have anyone to drive to the rim strong or step in 3’ and RAK a midrange just to stem the tide.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2023, 07:25:50 PM »
Boy, I wasn't sure but since you definitively said so, I guess it must be true.
You thought him throwing the ball all over the gym was a hand injury? Interesting
No Finish Line

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2023, 07:27:39 PM »
Final Four

You win.
No….but when you catch all the credit for wins…..you gotta take MSU and Wisky 10+ win predictions when some thought that wasnt going to happen.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2023, 07:27:54 PM »
MU should have won by 10.  mSU was mediocre tonight, MU was just flat out bad. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2023, 07:30:22 PM »
MU should have won by 10.  mSU was mediocre tonight, MU was just flat out bad.
Agreed……Izzo makes teams walk away from the tournament and say how did we play so bad?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2023, 07:31:47 PM »
Agreed……Izzo makes teams walk away from the tournament and say how did we play so bad?
His good teams do that. This team didn’t do that. This was all on us
No Finish Line

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2023, 07:33:02 PM »
I was at the game in 1971 vs tOSU where #14 fouled out. Different circumstances, certainly, but this loss sucks as much major ass as that game. Both teams had FF written all over them. As its said, "the first cut is the deepest," aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2023, 07:33:18 PM »
I feel this. Played great all year only to play this damn bad in a big game. Just deflating as hell. Ugh

Goose

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2023, 07:34:06 PM »
Final Four

I can assure you that I never looked for credit for wins and obviously I rub you the wrong way. You outed me several times for my optimism this season, that is fine.

I have been wrong many times on scoop and likely will many more times. That said, not going to apologize for posting my opinions.

It is funny that after a disappointing end of a great season that is what you wanted to say.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2023, 07:38:39 PM »

Well said…..and #1 in our regional goes down…..oncoming Duke goes down…..No dominant team, etc. that is what really hurts.

feedback