[Today at 09:14:22 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by TheREALwrk
[Today at 09:11:45 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Beyond Painful  (Read 10628 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Beyond Painful
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2023, 06:46:01 PM »
Oso played a very solid all around game
I thought OMax was SOTG if MU won.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2023, 06:46:38 PM »
Oso played a very solid all around game

I don't know about this. Oso needed to be a lot more aggressive.  A LOT more.  There was a moment in January where he became a "dude."  Like he finally realized how freaking good he is.  But, he played way too passive today.  We needed him to assert himself and he largely did not. 

DWIGHT

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2023, 06:46:57 PM »
Sucks. Their guards were better today. Hasn't happened much this year, but it happened at the worst time. Lots of credit to MSU.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2023, 06:48:27 PM »
Yes, it's time to cash in for a beefy transfer down low

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2023, 06:48:42 PM »
Our guys were good enough to go 17-3 in the Big East, win the BET. Just our worst game of the year. Unfortunately this game happened in the Tourney. MSU had something to do with that.
Something, but I'd put it at 25% MSU (mostly Walker's really impressive shooting) and 75% on MU on their incredibly sloppy ball security.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2023, 06:48:44 PM »
Disagree - while very talented, this team is missing a bruising center or forwards and a back up PG who can score.

Frontcourt depth would be nice, but you’re not going to see many (if any) “bruising” forwards in this system. Get ready for Gold to take a very big leap next year.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2023, 06:49:06 PM »
Disagree - while very talented, this team is missing a bruising center or forwards and a back up PG who can score.

We had identical posts, back to back.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2023, 06:49:16 PM »
Sucks. Their guards were better today. Hasn't happened much this year, but it happened at the worst time. Lots of credit to MSU.

Hoggard is a stud.  He's thick as can be and has a great handle.  MSU's only offense largely was to clear out and let him go 1-on-1

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2023, 06:50:41 PM »
I mean I’m just sad. It’s a sad sad performance. Team is so much better than this trash. Just sucks to end this way. Just depressed to lose to an msu team by 9 who didn’t even play well … ugh
Same. It's one thing to get beat by superior play, an entirely different feeling when you shoot yourself in foot, decide that isn't good and proceed to punch yourself in the balls.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 06:50:45 PM »
Think about how hard it is to lose a game your opponent is 2-16 from three. This game was so unlike their play all year.  16 f’ing turnovers.  They normally don’t get to 10!

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 06:50:53 PM »
Amen.

Surely we don't need another player who can competently handle the point? Surely we don't need someone who can alter any shots at the rim?

This team has been dictating its terms all year, and kudos to Shaka for getting them into position to do so. But clearly this team did not have what it needed to weather the storm. They had remarkably good injury luck - that ran out here. The team got by not getting any oRBS - luck ran out here.

The aforementioned pieces would have increased our margin for error and probably allowed us to steal one in our anomaly game.

I have high hopes for Norman - I think he can be a dude and fast. We have no size to speak of coming in, and no evidence that Itejere is anything other than a garbage time globetrotter.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 06:55:15 PM »
Point

This team is not a group of studs. They win by playing team basketball. I have said many times, there will be far more talented teams in the Shaka era.

I am not going to voice my thoughts on what is needed because these guys gave their all for twelve months.

Kudo’s to Shaka and the guys for a great season. There will be time to critique things in the upcoming weeks, tonight I am going to reflect and appreciate a special season.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2023, 06:55:26 PM »
I don't know about this. Oso needed to be a lot more aggressive.  A LOT more.  There was a moment in January where he became a "dude."  Like he finally realized how freaking good he is.  But, he played way too passive today.  We needed him to assert himself and he largely did not.

I disagree completely. He’s not a stud scorer, nor is that his role. But he finished play’s today when no one else showed up offensively

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2023, 06:56:49 PM »
Point

This team is not a group of studs. They win by playing team basketball. I have said many times, there will be far more talented teams in the Shaka era.

I am not going to voice my thoughts on what is needed because these guys gave their all for twelve months.

Kudo’s to Shaka and the guys for a great season. There will be time to critique things in the upcoming weeks, tonight I am going to reflect and appreciate a special season.

Beautifully said Goose!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2023, 06:57:23 PM »
Surely we don't need another player who can competently handle the point? Surely we don't need someone who can alter any shots at the rim?

This team has been dictating its terms all year, and kudos to Shaka for getting them into position to do so. But clearly this team did not have what it needed to weather the storm. They had remarkably good injury luck - that ran out here. The team got by not getting any oRBS - luck ran out here.

The aforementioned pieces would have increased our margin for error and probably allowed us to steal one in our anomaly game.

I have high hopes for Norman - I think he can be a dude and fast. We have no size to speak of coming in, and no evidence that Itejere is anything other than a garbage time globetrotter.
Jones, Tre, Zaire, Emerson.  As things stand.    Ben Gold with a.full off-season under his belt.  Oso 10 lbs heavier with a foul line jumper.

Barring a mass exodus, the roster is essentially set.  Waiting to see who the one player to leave will be.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2023, 06:57:34 PM »
Point

Goose

100%

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2023, 06:58:24 PM »
Jones, Tre, Zaire, Emerson.  As things stand.    Ben Gold with a.full off-season under his belt.  Oso 10 lbs heavier with a foul line jumper.

Barring a mass exodus, the roster is essentially set.  Waiting to see who the one player to leave will be.

I really hope Ben Gold is back next year.  Ben Gold the sophomore will be an All-American type player
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2023, 07:00:18 PM »
I disagree completely. He’s not a stud scorer, nor is that his role. But he finished play’s today when no one else showed up offensively

I don't disagree that his role has been a 3rd-4th option offensively, yet I really don't think MSU had an answer for him if they just kept clearing a side and letting him go to work - much the way the did coming out of halftime against Vermont.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2023, 07:00:41 PM »
Oso was the only guy who performed today. Rest of the team played scared after taking early 2nd half lead

Really golden opportunity pissed away

OMax gave everything today and played his butt off

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2023, 07:01:21 PM »
I really hope Ben Gold is back next year.  Ben Gold the sophomore will be an All-American type player

Lay off the sauce.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2023, 07:02:15 PM »
Lay off the sauce.

Tell me you don’t know ball without telling me you don’t know ball
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2023, 07:03:36 PM »
Ben Gold an All American?  Well that’d be a helluva leap from a seventh man.
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2023, 07:03:47 PM »
Ben Gold’s parents don’t even think he could be an All-American next year and it has nothing to do with him not being an American

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2023, 07:05:45 PM »

Freshman 8th or 9th man to All American in a season?  I have been a successful evaluator of talent in the past in calling Jae Crowder being the best player on the team back in his junior year coming off the bench.  Gold is nowhere near that level and it will take more than a year to get close to Jae level impact.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2023, 07:06:28 PM »

No, you’re making a really bold statement. He has to make an enormous jump for your prediction to come true.

Maybe he will but we’re talking about a guy who didn’t play much who flashed at times.  Let’s stop playing I’m the smartest guy on the board.