[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Tournament  (Read 82882 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: NCAA Tournament
« Reply #675 on: March 18, 2023, 09:57:55 PM »
Ughhhh.  That looked horrible. 

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #676 on: March 18, 2023, 10:00:58 PM »
Princeton walk ons in as they go to the sweet 16.

Let that one rattle around in the cranium for a bit.

They’re all walk ons.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #677 on: March 18, 2023, 10:06:27 PM »
Ughhhh.  That looked horrible.

Yeah, that was a broken ankle.

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #678 on: March 18, 2023, 10:12:26 PM »
I think they watched old film of Adrian Dantley to develop their offense.

I think AD unfairly gets a bad rap. There are seasons that he averaged almost 5 assists per game as a SMALL FORWARD. He led Utah to some great seasons. If you are looking for examples of guys that hogged the ball and did not pass from that era... watching film of Otis Birdsong, Bob McAdoo, or World B. Free would do the trick.Those guys were one-man shows and offensive spike strips for team ball movement.

Maybe Dantley gets a bad rap because he was a Small Forward who played with his back to the basket as an incredible post-up scorer. He was a decent passer at Notre Dame for Digger Phelps and during the middle of his career at Utah.

I think during his time in Detroit he was less of a passer, but that team had internal issues going on. Otherwise, I really enjoyed watching Dantley play basketball, especially in Utah. He was a special ballplayer.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:26:56 AM by DavidBoone2inchesTaller »
DavidBoone2InchesTaller was a Senior Message Board Poster at MarquetteHoops.com for 17 yrs.. He made over 10,000 posts with an accuracy rate of 99.9%. Incredibly this means since 2006 he made less than 3 inaccurate statements, earning him the nickname "Top Gun Poster" among his peers.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #679 on: March 18, 2023, 10:15:39 PM »
I think AD unfairly gets a bad rap. There are seasons that he averaged almost 5 assists per game as a SMALL FORWARD. He led Utah to some great seasons. If you are looking for examples of guys that hogged the ball and did not pass from that era... watching film of Otis Birdsong, Bob McAdoo, or World B. Free would do the trick.Those guys were one-man shows and offensive spike strips for team ball movement.

Maybe Dantley gets a bad rap because he was a Small Forward who played with his back to the basketball as an incredible post-up scorer. He was a decent passer at Notre Dame for Digger Phelps and during the middle of his career at Utah.

I think during his time in Detroit he was less of a passer, but that team had internal issues going on. Otherwise, I really enjoyed watching Dantley play basketball, especially in Utah. He was a special ballplayer.

I wasn’t trying to pick on AD, but Pickett’s back down style totally reminds me of him.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #680 on: March 18, 2023, 10:21:14 PM »
I said before the tournament there wasn't a dominant team.  But I couldn't have expected this....absolutely incredible!

Good for you.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #681 on: March 18, 2023, 10:24:39 PM »
Why is this floor an ice rink?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #682 on: March 18, 2023, 10:53:14 PM »
Hot take, Audige is better than Buie

Audige got hot and kinda pulled a Kam to get NW back in the game. But then he got cold, missed at least 4 in a row, and NW gets to watch the rest of the tourney from home.

I hope the UCLA kid will be OK, but that looked really bad.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #683 on: March 18, 2023, 11:03:54 PM »
Am I the only one who rewound  the Penn St-Texas game to get another look at the kid in the MU t shirt in Des Moines?
Funny I saw one the first night games!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #684 on: March 19, 2023, 06:56:40 AM »
Do I have to root for Larranaga tonight because he plays a B14 team?  What's the protocol?  Ty.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #685 on: March 19, 2023, 07:06:22 AM »
Yeah, that was a broken ankle.

Fortunately - and surprisingly- not.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #686 on: March 19, 2023, 07:06:57 AM »
Do I have to root for Larranaga tonight because he plays a B14 team?  What's the protocol?  Ty.

If Xavier and Marquette get their business done, that game will pit the last of the ACC and last of the Big 10 against one another.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #687 on: March 19, 2023, 07:23:02 AM »
If Xavier and Marquette get their business done, that game will pit the last of the ACC and last of the Big 10 against one another.

Ya....that too.  I hope you're feeling better.

The word of the day is indefatigable.  We must play with relentless energy and toughness.    In games of this magnitude I always like to think of us as Blue Whales and our opponents as Krill.  In other words own this game. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #688 on: March 19, 2023, 07:35:45 AM »
Huge day for the BEast

W W W W ??

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #689 on: March 19, 2023, 07:47:06 AM »
Huge day for the BEast

W W W W ??

Only if Boum and Kunkel avoid getting into another fight.

Creighton is a one-point underdog per Mr. Nielsen's post. The other BE teams are favorites. MU 2.5.

A sweep would be nice, but my only real focus is MU/MSU.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #690 on: March 19, 2023, 08:02:18 AM »
Only if Boum and Kunkel avoid getting into another fight.

Creighton is a one-point underdog per Mr. Nielsen's post. The other BE teams are favorites. MU 2.5.

A sweep would be nice, but my only real focus is MU/MSU.

Ya......I'm with you Scoop Snoop.  I just rewatched Kam's barrage on Friday.  Do people realize he scored those 18 consecutive points in 4 minutes and thirty-one seconds?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #691 on: March 19, 2023, 08:24:21 AM »
Ya......I'm with you Scoop Snoop.  I just rewatched Kam's barrage on Friday.  Do people realize he scored those 18 consecutive points in 4 minutes and thirty-one seconds?
Kam was definitely the man. We need performance like that from Kam with good contributions from all of our guys in the Dance. Have to hope that F#$k Em is not hampered also, because we need him to aggressively attack, dish and score.
Stomp on Mr. Insubordination and put our feet on the collective throats of Izzo, the team and their lame mascot. (Wont mention that our dirty bird mascot is also lame.)
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #692 on: March 19, 2023, 08:30:22 AM »
I think Houston quietly made a statement last night.  I'm not saying Auburn is great but to throttle that team in the 2H by 30, in Birmingham, shouldn't be overlooked.  I still think it's wide open but Houston's best may be better than the rest of the field.. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #693 on: March 19, 2023, 08:37:06 AM »
Muggsy

Houston was awfully, awfully good in the second. They looked like men playing boys out there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #694 on: March 19, 2023, 08:43:56 AM »
I think Houston quietly made a statement last night.  I'm not saying Auburn is great but to throttle that team in the 2H by 30, in Birmingham, shouldn't be overlooked.  I still think it's wide open but Houston's best may be better than the rest of the field..

I've treated Houston with a "show me" attitude this season. They play in a mediocre conference and had trouble against several non-tourney teams. The notion of them being the best while fine teams from top conferences were waging wars 2-3 times a week didn't ring true to me.

But that was quite a second half yesterday -- they absolutely manhandled Auburn, and Pearl had absolutely no answer. If Houston plays like that for something approaching a full game against a quality opponent, it will be even more impressive. And yesterday WAS impressive.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #695 on: March 19, 2023, 08:44:44 AM »
Muggsy

Houston was awfully, awfully good in the second. They looked like men playing boys out there.

Goose,

I thought their win was the most impressive of the 8 games yesterday.  These drooling clowns can talk about Tennessee beating Duke but the fact remains that Duke did not impress me whatsoever.  Princeton dominating Mizzou was also a virtuoso performance. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #696 on: March 19, 2023, 08:48:32 AM »
Muggsy

Houston was off the charts. Arkansas and Princeton were great wins as well. Like the game today because it is MSU, I was hoping to play Duke because I thought they were overhyped.

This game cannot get started fast enough for me. Today is a big game, but even feels bigger than a usual second round game. Today MU can make a statement to a national audience.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #697 on: March 19, 2023, 08:50:31 AM »
The top 5 Pomeroy defenses advanced yesterday to the Sweet 16.

panda

• All American
« Reply #698 on: March 19, 2023, 08:50:57 AM »
Muggsy

Houston was off the charts. Arkansas and Princeton were great wins as well. Like the game today because it is MSU, I was hoping to play Duke because I thought they were overhyped.

This game cannot get started fast enough for me. Today is a big game, but even feels bigger than a usual second round game. Today MU can make a statement to a national audience.

They’re far away the best team in the country. Best guard play, absolute beasts inside, fantastic defensive presence, unbelievable rebounding and one of/if not the best coach in the country.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #699 on: March 19, 2023, 08:53:13 AM »
panda

I agree with Houston being the best and maybe the best coach. I love their defense and dream about MU having a similar defense down the road.

feedback