'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Anyone Have Any Columbus Travel Tips  (Read 5771 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Anyone Have Any Columbus Travel Tips
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2023, 08:52:17 PM »
Jeni’s is better. There’s a Jeni’s about two or three blocks from the convention center.

UDF is better than all.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2023, 08:56:35 PM »
UDF is better than all.

Both Honey Hut and Mitchell’s in Cleveland are better than any of the Columbus ones.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2023, 09:03:33 PM »
Went to El Lugar this evening, was fantastic. Wouldn't stand in Lincoln Park or West Loop but most of Chicago and certainly the rest of the Midwest cities.

The Indian place in the North Market for lunch will hurt tomorrow, they did not ask about spice level...
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2023, 01:34:04 PM »
Went to Jeni’s today, so I’ve had all 3. All 3 are very good for ice cream. I’d definitely put it behind the best custard spots (Leon’s, Murf’s, and LeDuc’s), but right up there with the overrated custard spots (which is still good, it’s just not on the top level…Gille’s, Kopp’s) and better than the bad custard spots (Culver’s, Andy’s, Freddy’s).

In terms of the quality of ice cream, I can’t say there’s a noticeable difference, so it comes down to flavors. My favorites are at Graeter’s. Then the quality of the waffle cone was a lot better at Handel’s than at Jeni’s. Plus I got probably 3x the amount of ice cream at Handel’s than what I got at Jeni’s for a dollar less.

But it’s worth paying a premium to get that quality of ice cream in a grocery store.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2023, 01:49:40 PM »
Went to Jeni’s today, so I’ve had all 3. All 3 are very good for ice cream. I’d definitely put it behind the best custard spots (Leon’s, Murf’s, and LeDuc’s), but right up there with the overrated custard spots (which is still good, it’s just not on the top level…Gille’s, Kopp’s) and better than the bad custard spots (Culver’s, Andy’s, Freddy’s).

In terms of the quality of ice cream, I can’t say there’s a noticeable difference, so it comes down to flavors. My favorites are at Graeter’s. Then the quality of the waffle cone was a lot better at Handel’s than at Jeni’s. Plus I got probably 3x the amount of ice cream at Handel’s than what I got at Jeni’s for a dollar less.

But it’s worth paying a premium to get that quality of ice cream in a grocery store.

My absolute favorite is Honey Hut in Cleveland. Their Honey Pecan is sublime. Mitchell's in Cleveland also has some really good flavors - Bramble Berry Crunch (pretty much always available) and/or Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch (rarely available) are my favorites.

I know that I brought up Jeni's, but I'm not a huge fan (although I probably do like it better than Graeters and Handel's). My wife and kids love, Jeni's though, so I figured I'd mention it. I agree that it's overpriced. I think Handel's (which they also have in Cleveland) is pretty ordinary -- just trying to copy Ben & Jerry's (e.g., "Spouse Like a House" as a total ripoff of "Chubby Hubby") but not as good. I almost always get it in a dish so I can't speak to any of their waffle cones.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2023, 04:21:25 PM »
My absolute favorite is Honey Hut in Cleveland. Their Honey Pecan is sublime. Mitchell's in Cleveland also has some really good flavors - Bramble Berry Crunch (pretty much always available) and/or Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch (rarely available) are my favorites.

I know that I brought up Jeni's, but I'm not a huge fan (although I probably do like it better than Graeters and Handel's). My wife and kids love, Jeni's though, so I figured I'd mention it. I agree that it's overpriced. I think Handel's (which they also have in Cleveland) is pretty ordinary -- just trying to copy Ben & Jerry's (e.g., "Spouse Like a House" as a total ripoff of "Chubby Hubby") but not as good. I almost always get it in a dish so I can't speak to any of their waffle cones.

Over the last year or so I’ve become obsessed with waffle cones, to the point is equally as important as the actual ice cream.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2023, 04:31:21 PM »
Over the last year or so I’ve become obsessed with waffle cones, to the point is equally as important as the actual ice cream.

This is 1000% right on.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2023, 12:43:43 PM »
Again today MU has the highest representation at the bars. Haven’t seen any MSU fans today and only a handful yesterday.

They must have all went home in between.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2023, 01:06:54 PM »
Again today MU has the highest representation at the bars. Haven’t seen any MSU fans today and only a handful yesterday.

Did you check the local jails?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2023, 01:18:15 PM »

My wife mentioned that as well. Was thinking maybe MSU put together a bunch of parties for them by age bracket or something at the hotels event spaces
Maigh Eo for Sam

feedback