Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BET Roll Call  (Read 5588 times)

Scoop Snoop

• All American
BET Roll Call
« on: March 07, 2023, 04:53:28 PM »
My wife and I head to NYC tomorrow morning via Amtrak- our 3rd BET trip. I will be wearing a MU scarf and a tan 3/4 length coat if you would like to say hello. My wife will be wearing a gold scarf.

I always enjoy chatting with MU fans of all ages and bring my 1969-1970 press booklet in one of my large coat pockets. In the 2019 BET, a group of MU students enjoyed reading it and photographed it extensively. It is chock full of info and some fantastic caricatures of the players from back then.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 04:55:14 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

marqhattan

• Walk-On
Re: BET Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 04:56:30 PM »
Will keep an eye out. Making the trip up from Texas!

Relatedly, anyone have any experience buying resale tickets? Deciding whether to buy now or wait until tomorrow before the first session games start (presume there will be more demand when those fans know they are advancing). Pretty brutal ticket prices ($200+ for upper levels) which I assume will only get worse for the Friday night game!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 04:57:59 PM »
Snoop

Have fun and keep the team on track. A lot of work to be done over the next five weeks.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 05:04:59 PM »
My wife and I head to NYC tomorrow morning via Amtrak- our 3rd BET trip. I will be wearing a MU scarf and a tan 3/4 length coat if you would like to say hello. My wife will be wearing a gold scarf.

That’s cool, ZFB rocks a 3/4 length coat too, but nothing underneath

I’m flying out of MSP tomorrow.

Marqhattan - I don’t have tix for Thurs yet either. Might wait until after Butler / StJ. Should the Indy team pull it off, might be some StJ fans looking to unload. My plan could certainly backfire, though.

Will prob hit the pregame deal Thursday morning. Have to go to an 8p Broadway show that night… might be rough.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 05:19:24 PM »

Marqhattan - I don’t have tix for Thurs yet either. Might wait until after Butler / StJ. Should the Indy team pull it off, might be some StJ fans looking to unload. My plan could certainly backfire, though.

Will prob hit the pregame deal Thursday morning. Have to go to an 8p Broadway show that night… might be rough.

Good for ZFB, but believe me, everyone will be very happy to know that I will be wearing clothes under my coat, especially after I remove it. And before anyone says (whew!) "thanks Snoop", ...you're welcome.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 05:22:27 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 05:39:59 PM »
Leaving tomorrow morn from MKE arr NYC around 1pm...Staying at Team Hotel . We will be attending the MU functions at  the bar...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 07:04:57 PM »
Leaving tomorrow morn from MKE arr NYC around 1pm...Staying at Team Hotel . We will be attending the MU functions at  the bar...

Let us know what is going on at the team hotel… eg if MU ppl are hanging out at the bar etc. We are staying near Times Square

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 07:58:41 PM »

JB, have a great time! We have come a long way since Ft. Myers!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 08:12:51 PM »
JB, have a great time! We have come a long way since Ft. Myers!

Thanks! Crazy. Couldn’t have imagined this while we headed out from the Miss St game

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 08:20:47 PM »
I came in today to visit with my eldest goddaughter. We are registered for the pregame, so might be there. In 2019 we went but it was really crowded so we went elsewhere.
Yeah if MU people are hanging in the team hotel bar, let us know. In 2019 they actually had a nice alumni reception at the team hotel and we lined the hallway as they headed to the team bus. Sadly I think Covid has ended that.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2023, 08:37:50 PM »
I came in today to visit with my eldest goddaughter. We are registered for the pregame, so might be there. In 2019 we went but it was really crowded so we went elsewhere.
Yeah if MU people are hanging in the team hotel bar, let us know. In 2019 they actually had a nice alumni reception at the team hotel and we lined the hallway as they headed to the team bus. Sadly I think Covid has ended that.

Hartford.  Agreed, the team departure was well done.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023, 08:40:08 PM »

How did the arrival after the game go?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023, 08:41:59 PM »

I wish they would bring it back. Even though it is only a moment for the fans and the team, it was fun being alongside of the team and cheering loudly as they headed to MSG.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2023, 08:46:25 PM »

I was at that send off too, prior to the crazy Seton Hall ejection game.  The band played as well - really fun!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2023, 10:08:42 PM »
Fly out Thursday morning. Hoping no delays.

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2023, 10:36:06 PM »
Will be there Thursday - Sunday!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2023, 10:58:38 PM »
Me and papa Chitown are Thursday-Sunday

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2023, 05:28:16 AM »
Arriving Friday morning. I’m counting on all of you to cheer them on to a win Thursday.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2023, 05:59:20 AM »
How did the arrival after the game go?

It was a ghost town. Heldt did show up at the bar and stayed for a bit, though.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2023, 08:55:50 AM »
Some band members are in line at Andrew’s Diner. They have a free day today so they are heading out sightseeing.

marqhattan

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2023, 09:51:47 AM »

I went ahead and bit the bullet this morning after I noticed an uptick in pricing (although could easily improve after the games today for the reason you mention). Will be in Section 210.

Dang I'm getting fired up! After moving away from NYC several years ago, I haven't seen MU live since the Syracuse game in DC. Really hoping we make it to Saturday this year!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2023, 04:32:17 PM »
Staying at HGI on 28th. Hope to be at Mustang Harry’s later tonight. I’ll be in either a dark tan MU baseball cap or Bent Paddle Brewing baseball cap. LFG!

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2023, 10:43:12 AM »
I’ll be there Friday in section 115. Likely will hit Mustang’s before. I’ll be wearing my hoopaloop costume.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2023, 02:38:35 PM »
Section 104, row 17, which scooper is here?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2023, 02:41:24 PM »
I need tix for tomorrow night holla