Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BET Roll Call  (Read 5590 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: BET Roll Call
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2023, 03:52:36 PM »
Up by us last night in 226 it was nowhere near to a neutral crowd. UConn fans would break into their “Husky” cheer from time to time. I’d think tonight it should be pretty even. Plenty of X fans at our hotel.

Yes, I was in nearby 201. Lotta UCoNN ppl with their annoying chant.

“Lotta bark but that bite wasn’t vicious”
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2023, 04:00:38 PM »
Came across plenty of energetic MU fans on our walk to Mustang Harry’s tonight. Too crowded so we ended up at some Irish bar around the corner.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2023, 04:02:33 PM »
Came across plenty of energetic MU fans on our walk to Mustang Harry’s tonight. Too crowded so we ended up at some Irish bar around the corner.

Same, we ended up at Tracks after seeing the Mustang Harry’s crowd

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2023, 10:24:36 PM »
Congrats to all those who made the trip to MSG and got to witness our alma mater make history. Way to bring it home, everybody!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2023, 10:29:12 PM »
Oh yea, what MU82 said!

The crowd was electric in that arena.
Taking a trip to one of these tournaments requires a leap of faith, and y’all made the entire Marquette nation proud.

We are all glad you guys got these memories of a lifetime.

Let’s run it back at the Garden in 2024

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2023, 06:45:39 AM »
I’m at EWR now. Will get home, shovel some snow, maybe take a nap… hoping for Des Moines for logistical reasons but beyond pleased to be in this situation
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2023, 06:51:32 AM »
I’m at EWR now. Will get home, shovel some snow, maybe take a nap… hoping for Des Moines for logistical reasons but beyond pleased to be in this situation

Wow, you are up!!!  Did you go to bed?

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2023, 06:27:53 PM »
Wanted to say how awesome that environment was at MSG and how well MU folks showed out every night. I went to all 3 nights (bought floor tickets after tip-off each night for pennies on the dollar) and the UConn-MU game in particular was rocking from start to finish.

Last night ditto, even with the much less dramatic 2nd half than UConn game. Tons of fun. MU really represented well.

mix it up

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2023, 10:52:29 AM »
This weekend was a total blast! Went all 3 nights with bro, sis and family that are alums also. The MU energy in MSG started out good and built every night to a fantastic finale on Sat.

Also spent time at Mustang Harry's each night. Harry's atmosphere and energy was off the charts good. That staff really hustles for the customers. For those that attended, do you think that we've outgrown Mustang Harry's? It reminded me of walking thru MU bars in the late 70's on extremely crowded nights. I also went to overflow bars filled w MU alums in the area.

I've been fortunate enough to be able to go to the BET for all MU games in the past and as you all know, this one was special. Hopefully we go as far next year. I highly recommend it. What a city!

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2023, 12:00:23 PM »
My wife and I had a great time at BET. An unexpected bonus had nothing to do with Marquette, but the VCU pep band held an impromptu performance in front of MSG on Friday morning. Wow, they are good! Maybe they were bird dogging for their team to get an invite to the BE.  ;D The VCU Ram mascot mingled with the crowd that gathered quickly.

I chatted briefly with the director after they finished. He told me that he had talked to Shaka recently and that they stay in touch. No surprise. Shaka is the kind of guy who does not forget his friends. I told him that Marquette would be contacting him soon to switch schools. He got a good laugh out of that.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2023, 12:30:16 PM »
I was impressed with VCU’s band and their fans back when they had that great NCAA run and played at the United Center.
There were some VCU fans at the Big East tourney, one specifically told us they had come to support Shaka.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2023, 05:05:35 PM »
Also spent time at Mustang Harry's each night. Harry's atmosphere and energy was off the charts good. That staff really hustles for the customers. For those that attended, do you think that we've outgrown Mustang Harry's? It reminded me of walking thru MU bars in the late 70's on extremely crowded nights. I also went to overflow bars filled w MU alums in the area.

Yes, Mustang Harry's does a fantastic job and they really hustle. But, yes, I think with MU's current trajectory, it's quite likely they've outgrown that venue. It is really, really crowded. On Saturday, we had a friend with us who is blind. We got there very early and they seated us right away, but when we finished dinner we wanted to free up the table so our waitress could get another group seated, and it was really difficult to manage the crowd. We tried to stand with him as much out of the way as possible, but it wasn't easy -- there really weren't very many places out of the way. Navigating and hanging around with dense crowds is challenging for someone who is blind. That said, we all loved it and the energy. This isn't a complaint. We would do it again in a heartbeat. But that venue is very crowded. One can assume that the crowds will get bigger in the future.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2023, 05:39:13 PM »
I had registered and paid for us to go to Mustang Harry’s, I won’t pre-register again. We tried to go Friday, it was way too crowded, we tried again both pre and post-game on Saturday, and it was way too jammed. Saturday evening we ended up at the Irish bar just down the street.
We did pick up some beads Saturday, they also had a table giving stuff away at the MSG entrance we used Saturday. I told them that I won’t pre-register again, I basically got beads and a couple towels, we couldn’t even get appetizers on Friday-Saturday we just didn’t bother to even go in.
At the Irish bar we chatted with some Xavier fans who had also ditched their gathering site due to it being too jammed, one was a former player from the 70’s. We all agreed that we need all our Jesuit Big East schools to do well in the NCAA’s.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2023, 09:55:24 AM »
I had registered and paid for us to go to Mustang Harry’s, I won’t pre-register again. We tried to go Friday, it was way too crowded, we tried again both pre and post-game on Saturday, and it was way too jammed. Saturday evening we ended up at the Irish bar just down the street.
We did pick up some beads Saturday, they also had a table giving stuff away at the MSG entrance we used Saturday. I told them that I won’t pre-register again, I basically got beads and a couple towels, we couldn’t even get appetizers on Friday-Saturday we just didn’t bother to even go in.
At the Irish bar we chatted with some Xavier fans who had also ditched their gathering site due to it being too jammed, one was a former player from the 70’s. We all agreed that we need all our Jesuit Big East schools to do well in the NCAA’s.

I can send beads and pompoms.  MU always sends me stuff for game watching parties and the one thing that nobody has interest in is beads and pompoms.  I have a box in basement full of both.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2023, 01:53:34 PM »
On Saturday, we had a friend with us who is blind.

Is your friend a Big East ref?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2023, 01:57:00 PM »
Hey-o!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2023, 02:52:51 PM »
Is your friend a Big East ref?

Well played!
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback