[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Doubters Won’t Stop  (Read 5056 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: The Doubters Won’t Stop
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2023, 01:43:58 PM »
I think Kam is going to need to rework his outside shot again this off season. I think the moon shot three needs less arc to be consistent. His 3% has dropped closer to OMP’s than Joplin’s and Kolek’s.

A 3fg percentage of 2-3% isn't a big difference when you factor in Kam's volume. 1.63 times as many attempts as Joplin and 2.47 times as many attempts as Kolek.

Kam's shot is fine.  If anything, he simply needs to be slightly more selective with his three point attempts.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2023, 01:55:44 PM »
I think Kam is going to need to rework his outside shot again this off season. I think the moon shot three needs less arc to be consistent. His 3% has dropped closer to OMP’s than Joplin’s and Kolek’s.

He just made 6 3s in the 1st half against DePaul
VIOLENCE!

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2023, 01:58:11 PM »
It’s true that no one on our team has won an NCAA tournament game.  But six of them have NCAA tournament experience, which is huge.  We also have a coach who took a team to the Final Four. 

The experts have been wrong all season.  Just more fuel for this team.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2023, 02:00:13 PM »
I never had a problem with the preseason picks. Hell, I’m an MU fan and I probably would have put us at 7 or 8. We lost so much and were depending on so much internal improvement.

But after 30 games, you can no longer ignore the evidence. Doubters from here on out do so at their own risk. And Chris Mack is a prick who should never get a Power 6 job again.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2023, 02:11:53 PM »
Preseason picks were pretty understandable.

Putting us below Butler really wasnt though. That roster was known to be pretty rancid.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2023, 02:42:22 PM »
While we don't have BET or NCAA winning experience, I think we benefit a lot from our seeding. We will be the 1-seed in the BET and I like our chances to beat Butler or St. John's, so when we take on UConn or Creighton, we will have "winning a BET game" experience. In the NCAAs, while I understand 14/3 upsets happen, there's a high statistical probability it won't, so when we get to the second game against a Northwestern or Kentucky (or 11-seed) we'll have just as much NCAA Tourney winning experience as they do.

Experience has been used against us all year long, and we've countered that lack of experience by going out and doing all the things we hadn't done before. And they've put themselves in position to continue doing that as the season progresses.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2023, 06:06:56 PM »
MU is definitely a Whole Is Greater Than The Sum of The Parts type team . Have to watch the team carefully like we Scoopers  do over the course of season to truly appreciate that .

Random voyeurs like Chris Mack may not appreciate what we have because they simply have not watched the machine in action enough .

Also recently we have been going through the league a second time and adjustments where made . However our coaching staff has now come up with strategies to counter those adjustments . So will the engine appeared to be sputtering at times , the wheels never came off the wagon for MU . Others , like U Conn , who are more flashy can’t make that same claim.

When we get to the NCAA tournament on a neutral court , against teams that haven’t scouted the hell out of us , life is going to be much different . I think all 5 of our starters are going to perform very well and we will be a very hard team to beat .

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2023, 08:37:15 PM »
Preseason picks were pretty understandable.

Putting us below Butler really wasnt though. That roster was known to be pretty rancid.

I'm with you.  Putting Butler above us was the only one that I really thought there was no good argument for.  I was also fairly certain that the Johnnies would be garbage but I at least got on paper why someone would pick them over us
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2023, 06:52:49 PM »
MU is hated worldwide
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2023, 06:59:10 PM »
I'm with you.  Putting Butler above us was the only one that I really thought there was no good argument for.  I was also fairly certain that the Johnnies would be garbage but I at least got on paper why someone would pick them over us

Remember a few weeks ago, when some Scoopers actually were worried about us losing at Butler? Good times.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2023, 07:04:37 PM »
The preseason predictions meant zero to me this offseason. I am not a believer that a chip on the shoulder is always the best motivation, but it definitely has been this year. I had high hopes prior to Kolek’s response to the rankings and after he said it my confidence was even higher for this season.

feedback