[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Goose was right again  (Read 5727 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Goose was right again
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2023, 01:41:54 PM »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2023, 01:53:12 PM »
You’re very enthusiastic so I wasn’t sure 😂

Ha!!

Wemby is Wemby. :)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2023, 01:57:00 PM »
Personally, I feel like Keeyan is probably the odd man out.

He would be third on the depth chart behind Oso and Gold, has already redshirted, and still not seen any time on a team that’s kinda light in the front court.

Jury obviously still out on EE, and who knows, maybe Kam goes elsewhere, but that still doesn’t help Keeyan move up the depth chart at his position.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2023, 02:07:58 PM »
The statement I responded to said that Shaka would have recruited a post player if he thought Gold was leaving.   That he would not want Joplin as the back up post.
If Gold leaves, Keeyan is not the odd man out.   He is the de facto back up post.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2023, 02:12:14 PM »
The statement I responded to said that Shaka would have recruited a post player if he thought Gold was leaving.   That he would not want Joplin as the back up post.
If Gold leaves, Keeyan is not the odd man out.   He is the de facto back up post.

I think if Gold left, MU goes portaling to fill that spot for one year. Keeyan is at the end of year 2 and I’m not convinced Shaka trusts him all that much more than the walkons.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2023, 02:17:36 PM »
Finding a big willing to sit behind Oso without getting a bag o'coins worked so well last year with an open scholarship.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2023, 02:36:14 PM »
Again, I give you credit Tower. No one loves him some Keeyan as much as you. Not even close. Shaka would not go into a recruiting season knowing that if Gold is a one and done…..that we are set with our bigs, because we have Keeyan. As witnessed this year, Shaka has gone with Jop in several instances as a backup big. That should tell you all you need to know about Keeyan being the backup. I know you thought Keeyan would play meaningful minutes, but he hasn’t .

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2023, 02:40:08 PM »
We really don't know what Shaka knows. Ben could have told him last week he was heading for the NBL. Maybe he tells him in May. So who he could be recruiting may or may not have any bearing on who is going to be on the team next year.

But I think Ben Gold will be on the team next year.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2023, 02:57:45 PM »
I don't love Keeyan.  I haven't written him off yet. And I have not seen anything in the recruiting that indicates the coaching staff has written him off. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2023, 04:07:10 PM »
I think if Gold left, MU goes portaling to fill that spot for one year. Keeyan is at the end of year 2 and I’m not convinced Shaka trusts him all that much more than the walkons.

In this scenario, Zach is staying.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2023, 08:50:52 AM »
I’m a little surprised that the possibility that Gold is the guy that is not coming back next year is never discussed here. The NBL in Australia is one of the better leagues in the world.  It is stable, It pays well and it has reciprocity with New Zealand so he wouldn’t take up one of the foreign exemptions each team is allotted. I would think he would be very attractive to that league.

From his standpoint, it’s much closer to home, no school requirements (unless that aspect is important to him) and he still has a path to the NBA playing Summer League. I would imagine his development would be at worst equal playing in one of the better professional leagues in the world.

I haven’t heard anything but it seems like a possibility. Before this season started Shaka was obviously operating under the assumption that someone was leaving. Other than leaving for unhappiness, which can’t be predicted, I don’t see anyone else on the team that was a lock for a better basketball option than college ball back in November.

What? Miss out on a trip to Maui and meet his parents half way to see him in the premier Feast Week tourney?  No way!